|This article is poor quality and requires cleanup.|
Marked for cleanup since 2011-02-13 because:
It can be started by using the Television in any Crib, and at arcade machines in several bars and clubs around Stilwater, but the game cannot be played at those locations before unlocking the Red Light Loft.
The objective is to kill 345 zombies. There are 6 Waves, in each round the number of zombies to kill is indicated by a number on the HUD.
There are 4 female survivors alongside the player, who act independently and sometimes attack zombies.
They are periodically downed, with a notification to save them as with Homies. Rescuing them does not change the outcome of the game, as they are relatively weak, but they do provide a distraction for the zombies. Rescuing them uses 1 Food item.
Zombies grab, and bite, causing a large amount of damage, and are only escapable via Quick Time Event.
There are several different types of zombies.
- Regular Zombies
- They bite, hit and can run or walk. Main type of zombie, present at all levels.
- Large Zombies
- Massive Headless Zombies who appear in Wave 2. Tougher than regular Zombies, they cannot be killed with a headshot, but also cannot bite. Their head is not fully severed, and is hanging down their back, but shooting it has no effect.
- Flaming Zombies
- Running Zombies who are permanently on fire who appear in Wave 3. They can not die from the flames, but can set other Zombies alight, killing them.
- Exploding Zombies
- Small, coal black zombies who appear in Wave 4. These fast Zombies explode when they get too close to survivors or the player. If exploding zombies are set alight, they explode.
|1||10||Normal zombies only|
|2||20||Large Zombies added|
|3||40||Flaming Zombies added|
|4||65||Exploding Zombies added|
All locations with a "Press X to start Zombie Uprising" prompt have a tubular distortion in the air, including the Saints Hideout, all machines, and all locations without machines.
- Zombie Uprising arcade machines
- Merhman's Night Club - Mission Beach, Saint's Row District
- Crash Landing Night Club - Hapton Hotel, Huntersfield, Airport District
- Brown Baggers - Sommerset, Apartments District
- Porno Palace - Bavogian Plaza, Red Light District
- Stilwater University Student Union, Stilwater University, Stilwater University District
- Locations without machines
It is likely that there was originally supposed to be an arcade machine present, but when the model was removed, the invisible trigger was left behind. The Courthouse and Airport locations both have pretzel machines nearby, and these are the only known locations of pretzel machines.
- Inside Wardill Airport, Wardill Airport Neighborhood, Airport District - 2 locations, both at pretzel machines.
- At the southmost point of the building, outside a store named "Jive Turkeys"
- Between gates C4 and C6
- Rounds Square Shopping Center - Nob Hill, High End Retail District - Above Friendly Fire, outside the "Pecker Wood" store in Rounds Square Shopping Center. There is no machine, there is an area near the railing which shows the prompt. The distortion at this location is beneath the floor, sticking out of the Friendly Fire sign.
- Courthouse - There is a prompt when standing next to the pretzel machine.
- Saints Hideout - There is a prompt in front of the TV object instead of a normal Television marker.
More information is needed about this subject.
You can help by editing the page.
|Chainsaw||Right of start.||10||Can only be used on Normal Zombies.|
|Baseball Bat||Left of start. Dropped.||15||Used by survivors.|
|Crowbar||Right of start. Dropped.||10|
|Sledgehammer||Left of start.|
|Knife||Used by survivors only.||10|
|NR4||Right of start.||114|
|T3K Urban||Right of start.||120|
|Tombstone||Left of start.|
|K6 Krukov||Right of start.|
|Flamethrower||Right back room in the building accessed by the forward stairs.|
Main article: Tips
- Collect all weapons immediately.
- There is limited ammunition available, and melee weapons break after several uses.
- Both flaming zombies and the player character can set zombies on fire.
- The stairs can be used as a bottleneck.
- Zombies can not climb.
- Jump on a grass patch with a wall in front of it.
- The area that is on the left of the stairs has 4 or 5 ledges.
- The fountain is filled with damaging toxic acid, but the center of the fountain has a safe area.
- To the right of the stairs are ledges the zombies cannot reach. When standing on the third ledge and close enough to the railing, the zombies swarm on the stairs in a pack. They are close together that a flaming zombie burns all the other zombies.
- Activating cheats before entering the game causes them to be active while playing Zombie Uprising.
- The setting for the game is Old Stilwater, an area which can be explored outside of the Zombie Uprising game.
- Regardless of The Protagonist's gender in the main game, the character in Zombie Uprising is always a male biker.
- Taunts and Compliments can still be used, and use the selected voice.
- The achievement is named after George A. Romero, famous for his zombie movies.
- In Saints Row: The Third, there are Zombie Uprising 2 arcade machines inside the Broken Shillelagh, but they cannot be used. They can sometimes be found next to Saints Row 3 arcade machines. These models are re-used in Saints Row IV.
- In Saints Row: The Third, the zombie models are used as mannequins in Let's Pretend.
- The fire-proof effect from The Protagonist wearing the "Fire Fighter Suit" outfit is active during Zombie Uprising, although the Zombie Uprising character does not wear it.
- It is possible to exit Zombie Uprising using a Mission Exit Glitch by repeatedly Pausing while quitting the activity. There are two benefits of this glitch: a shortcut to Old Stilwater, and all weapons are automatically removed, leaving The Protagonist unarmed.
- After exiting, if Zombie Uprising is then started again, exiting Zombie Uprising takes The Protagonist back to the previous location and restores all weapons.
- Getting Smoked after glitching out of Zombie Uprising does not trigger a Smoked screen, and the game must be saved and reloaded to continue.
- If the Zombie Uprising machine, Saints Hideout Television, or Pretzel machine are destroyed, the Zombie Uprising prompt is unavailable until those items reset. The Rounds Square Shopping Center location does not have any nearby destructible objects attached to it.
- Zombie Uprising is the only Diversion with an end-screen, which are normally used only for Activities.
- It is possible to escape Old Stilwater during Zombie Uprising.
- Enable the Low Gravity cheat.
- Kill Zombies until one drops Hand Grenades.
- Jump on top of the fountain, and across on top of the hotel entrance.
- Stand in the corner of the hotel sign, facing the corner.
- Throw 2 grenades into the corner, and jump to be launched above the roof.
- Walk around and fall off the roof and through the map.
Check the Activity to-do list for ways to improve Activity articles.