- Trust and Obey
- — Slogan
The ZPD uniform is comprised of dark grey pants, shirt, white cap and black boots. Early in the game ZPD officers wearing the brown fifties style uniform from "A Pleasant Day" patrol the streets of Virtual Steelport. All ZPD officers in grey uniform are men with dark skin while those in brown uniforms have light skin. There are no female officers.
Similar to the Steelport Police, The Protagonist cannot be Busted by the ZPD. But unlike the Steelport Police, ZPD officers use Heavy SMG and Burst Rifle as their extra weapons. The ZPD do not have any police stations in The Simulation.
The ZPD make their first appearance during "The Fundamentals". 6 officers are deployed to kill The Protagonist. After the mission is completed, ZPD officers always appear at level 2 Notoriety. After "Power Up CID" is completed, ZPD are no longer dispatched, but still patrol the streets and car accidents scenes.
Police officers are also capable of performing drive-bys. However, they rarely fire whilst driving a Peacemaker and usually only fire at the protagonist during Virus Injection. However, they are capable to shoot whilst driving Peacemakers. ZPD officers driving Kenshins can fire, regardless.
- If Tank Mayhem (Hard instance) is completed, security guards start appearing on the streets. They act the same as the ZPD officers and drive ZPD vehicles.
- The passenger in the Police Oppressor during Mayhem activities are actually Steelport Police from Saints Row: The Third, armed with the Sniper Rifle.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Activities: Mayhem, Mech Suit Mayhem, Tank Mayhem, UFO Mayhem
- ↑ Note: This appears to only happen if the game wasn't exited or reloaded after completing "A Pleasant Day".
- ↑ Note: This appears to only happen if the game wasn't exited or reloaded after completing Tank Mayhem.