Yarnie is a giant ball of yarn which rolls around. It has a build-in Shockwave weapon which deals damage in a large area and allows the vehicle to jump. Because of its size, Yarnie can not be stored in garages, nor modified at Rim Jobs.
Yarnie has the special vehicle class of tank, and therefore shares many properties with tanks. It can roll in any direction regardless of where the front of the vehicle is pointing, and any vehicles which can be crushed by a normal tank can be crushed underneath as well as NPCs reacting to the Yarnie as if it were a tank. The same Tank warning sound is played when the vehicle is low on health. Yarnie has less health than a tank, but is speedier and able to manuever faster than a tank. It bounces when going downhill and there is no turn delay.
When the activity is complete, Yarnie becomes available as a Homie Vehicle Delivery service. In the activity Yarnie has nitrous and the Shockwave weapon needs to be charged by causing damage. Outside of the activity, nitrous can not be obtained and the weapon does not need to be charged.
- Yarnie has the same handling statistics as the unused Homie-delivered Ball.
- Yarnie has no visible damage indication so the low heath warning sound is very useful.
- Yarnie shares the same start-up sound as the Challenger tank.
- As Yarnie rolls across the ground it creates the sound effect of toppling yarn, similar to that of a rubber-band ball, but softer.
- Skilled drivers of the Yarnie can maneuver this over-sized ball through almost any obstacle and rarely get completely stuck, as use of the Shockwave bounces the ball out of most situations.
- Yarnie is featured under Y in The ABCs of Saints Row.
Check the DLC to-do list for ways to improve DLC articles.