- Viola DeWynter: "You may continue to operate the Saints/Ultor media group as you see fit, in exchange for 66 percent of your monthly gross revenue."
Kiki DeWynter: "That is before taxes, of course."
- They're the number two in the Syndicate [...] If they weren't around, everything would descend into chaos.
- — Steve Jaros, lead writer of Saints Row: The Third describing Viola and her sister Kiki
Viola is the twin sister of Kiki DeWynter, they are the lieutenants of the Morningstar gang led by Phillipe Loren. Viola is well endowed and is very pretty, having a buxom figure, wearing tight, black, form fitting clothing to accentuate her curves, much like her twin sister.
An early leaked achievement for Saints Row IV is "Bad Memories", awarded for completing the mission "Dewynter Blues". This mission doesn't appear in the final game. Viola also has 3 audio logs for Saints Row IV which were cut, but still exist in the files.
Viola and her sister run finances for the Syndicate[Reference needed], having increased the Syndicate profits tenfold in Steelport[Reference needed].
The DeWynters are also Philippe's personal assistants, managing his personal life and day-to-day business affairs, and are the heiresses to the leadership of the Syndicate and Morningstar.
Saints Row: The Third
The DeWynter sisters also became acquainted with Zimos, the oldest pimp in Steelport. The relationship goes south, and Zimos finds himself locked away in the basement of one of the Syndicate's human trafficking hubs. After completing all City Takeover activities in the New Colvin district of the city, and completing various activities with Zimos, Zimos reveals that the reason for the DeWynter's hostility is that Zimos slept with one of the sisters, without being able to remember which one he slept with.
Viola joins the 3rd Street Saints. The reason being that Killbane killed her sister after the assassination attempt orchestrated by them failed, Killbane then lost his temper when Kiki called him Eddie, causing him to snap her neck.
After she joins the crew, the next mission Viola and Playa disguise as actors to kidnap Josh Birk. She is dressed up as the Bloody Canoness while Playa dresses as the Cardinal, which she shows a strong disdain for the revealing outfit. She also helps in the mission defending an attack from STAG who want to have Josh Birk returned to them.
When Playa goes to rescue Shaundi from STAG, Viola and Pierce acts as prisoners so Playa can find Shaundi and escape. All four of the Saints escape the Thermopylae and destroy the aircraft carrier in the process.
After the Zombie outbreak on Arapice Island, she calls Playa about how the Mayor wants the Saints to deal with the Zombies. The pair of them head over to Arapice Island to deal with the outbreak, and disposes of the containers that contained the virus.
Viola also reveals the best way of ruining Killbane, is by removing his mask so that only Eddie Pryor remains.
- Kill Killbane
If Killbane is killed, during the final mission Three Way, Shaundi, Viola and Mayor Reynolds die. Afterwards the Saints throw a party to remember Shaundi, though leaving out Viola and Burt Reynolds. Though when, planting bombs on the Daedalus, Playa's Female Voice 1 says "One for Shaundi, one for Viola, one for my crew and one just for me".
- Save Shaundi
If Viola, Shaundi, and Mayor Reynolds are rescued during Three Way, Viola survives.
As the "Save Shaundi" ending is the official ending, Viola is still alive at the end of Saints Row: The Third.
Saints Row IV
- Viola DeWynter named head of federal reserve.
Viola becomes the Head of the Federal Reserve after Playa is elected President of the United States.[Reference needed]
Although mentioned, Viola herself does not appear in the game.
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
Viola is dead, and in hell with Kiki where they run Cerberus Security. However the power players in hell don't like their ideas. They are surrounded and attacked by a group of Satan's demons known as "Sinterpol" in a parking garage downtown, located in the DeWynter View Neighborhood, until they are rescued by both Johnny or Kinzie. After being saved the twins make a deal with Dane Vogel and award both Johnny and Kinzie the Blast Arcane Power.
Although Viola is glad to see Kinzie, Kiki is less welcoming. Viola defends Kinzie claiming "she grows on you" but Kiki still refuses to "share her sister". That attitude changes when Kinzie rescues them, declaring Kinzie her "sister" as well. When Kinzie steals an APC, she'll some times mention her sister wants it. Which one she's referring to is not obvious, but since it's singular, it's probably Viola.
After completing the take over of Downtown, the DeWynter sisters are cautiously happy, but worried a new storm will come along. It then shows the shadowy picture of the "power players" as William Sharp, Kazuo Akuji, Shogo Akuji, Jyunichi, and Killbane.
In the Shawarma epilogue cutscene after completing City Takeover, Viola has a meeting with god and sets up an "annual meeting" between "representatives of Heaven and Hell" which is largely just an excuse to play volleyball with their friends in Heaven.
- During the cutscene of "Gang Bang", she is wearing white glasses, but as soon as the gameplay begins, she is wearing purple glasses.
- During a cutscene in the mission "My Name is Cyrus Temple" on the Thermopylae, Viola wears white glasses. During gameplay, she wears purple glasses.
- Volition, Inc. allowed Game Informer to print an article which stated that Viola and Kiki were assassins. Steve Jaros later stated that they were not assassins and blamed the forums for this rumour.
- Originally, Viola and her sister Kiki were Japanese twins called Natsuko and Yukako, nicknamed Suki and Yuki for short. They led their own all-female gang - "Oiran" - to contrast with the original Morningstar concept of an all-male gang. The two gangs were merged to streamline the story, and the DeWynters were made Caucasian to avoid the stereotype of "badass Asian chicks that are subservient to an older man".
- Steve Jaros, lead writer for Saints Row: The Third, explained he "named Viola and Kiki DeWynter after RPG characters" that he and his friend played.
- The game data files internally reference Viola as "Suko", proving it was changed after the early concept stages.
- Safeword was originally an Oiran Stronghold, while Powder was the Morningstar Stronghold.
- Viola has a master's in economics.
- She and Kiki also appear to be extremely exceptional artists, based on Zimos' original DeWynter painting, based on Andy Warhol's 'pop art'.
- Though identical, Viola is the nicer and more self-controlled of the two, she says "yes sir" and commonly doesn't fuss at all to her bosses.
- Female Voice 3 accuses Viola of having implants.
- Like Tera and Nyte Blayde, Viola drives a Temptress.
- Viola and Kiki share many similarities with Vice Kings lieutenant, Tanya Winters. The main difference being that Viola and Kiki treated their girls much better than Tanya did.
- Despite many articles showing her and Kiki with short black hair and black leather pants, in game and later trailers they both wear their hair in very high-ponytail and black skirts with black stockings.
- Viola is one of 3 characters to be an initial antagonist and later join the Saints, the others being Benjamin King and Matt Miller.
- "Viola" is Italian for the color purple, the 3rd Street Saints color.
- Viola has a few similarities with fellow Saint Tera. Both of them are voiced by former porn stars, both drive a Temptress and both worked for the opposing factions.
- After joining the Saints, Viola still wears her Morningstar chain on her hip.
- The F-69 VTOL computer voice which says 'Flight mode engaged' and 'hover mode engaged' sounds similar to Viola's voice, and may have also been voiced by Sasha Grey.
- Originally, both Kiki and Viola were to join the Saints.
- During "Three Way", it is possible to go to the top floor before getting rid of the bombs, the only person at the top is Viola, who is standing upright, not tied up.
- Although Viola cannot be called up as a Homie when "Three Way" becomes available, completing both endings allows her, Shaundi and Burt Reynolds to be recruited again.
- Neither Viola nor Burt appear in the end cutscene of Three Way after they have been saved.
- Promotional images of Viola often show her wielding an AK-74M assault rifle.
- Like Angel, Viola might complain that you're not doing anything useful if you're not doing any major combat on the ground when you recruit her as a Homie.
- Viola is treated like an outsider after defecting to the Saints by multiple members at various points of Saints Row: The Third.
- Playa when first meeting Viola, after she says they need work together, Playa quickly argues that Johnny Gat's death is on her hands, and is reluctant to let her join judging by the sigh they give after she requests to see Killbane suffer..
- When Oleg is with Playa during their meeting, Oleg gets visibly angry and clicks his neck after Viola insults him when she reference to the Syndicates cloning operation, with Playa warning Viola not to "Piss of the big man". Oleg also expresses distrust towards her when recruited together.
- Shaundi does not like Viola talking or being near her and she also expresses displeasure about her during Stilwater Blues.
- Angel also shows frustration to Viola when recruited together, due her sticking with Killbane and The Syndicate after what he did to him cheating and unmasking him.
- Zimos and Viola both hate each other, Viola hating Zimos due to him sleeping with her or her twin sister Kiki, and vice-versa due to Viola and Kiki putting him to work in Safeword for years.
- Viola recognises in her cut Audio Logs that the Saints had a hard time accepting her, and acknowledges Oleg's, Zimos', Pierce's and Shaundi's unforgiving attitudes towards her.
- Viola: "I didn't get a master's in economics to look like a slut."Playa Female 3: "No, that's what the implants were for."
Playa Female 1: "What did you get a masters in economics for?"
Playa Female 2: "No. That's what your BFA was for."
Playa Male 1: "Isn't it nice to know you can surprise yourself?"
Playa Male 2: "Who said slut, I didn't say slut."
Playa Male 3: "Then consider yourself an outlier."
Playa Zombie: "Roars"
- Make them all pay.
- — When Playa kills an enemy.
- Leave the tramp with the hammer to me.
- — When engaging a Decker Specialist.
When 2 Homies are recruited together outside of missions, many have conversations.
- Main article: Audio Logs
Although ultimately not appearing in Saints Row IV, Viola has three Audio Logs in the game data files. Like many Audio Logs, they are a reflection on past events, allowing a brief insight from her perspective.
- Phillipe Loren was the first man to treat Kiki and I with respect. To him we were businesswomen, not a fetish. We were his right hand in the Syndicate and he was our mentor. His death meant we had to step up on our own. Too bad we never got the chance.
- — Viola Audio Log 1
- Fucking Murderbrawl tickets. That's what Killbane thought would make me feel better after he murdered Kiki. He took the Syndicate from us, then he took my sister! I vowed to get revenge no matter what I had to do, and no matter who I had to ask for help.
- — Viola Audio Log 2
- I knew the Saints wouldn't believe me when I came to them for help. Oleg hated me for turning him into a science fair project, Zimos was still grumpy about the Pony Cart thing, Pierce never bothered to learn my name, and Shaundi was a vindictive bitch. It didn't matter though--the boss understood a thing or two about revenge.
- — Viola Audio Log 3
- Mission: Gang Bang
- Relation: Twin sister
- Mission: Air Steelport
- GameInformer: Who's Who In Saints Row: The Third - The Morning Star Gang, retrieved 3rd July 2011
- Saints Row website: Saints Row: The Third - Celebrities? I Got Your Celebrities Right Here, retrieved 19th July 2011
- Credits: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell credits
- YouTube: Gat out of Hell Halloween 2014 Livestream
- Mission: I'm Free - Free Falling
- YouTube: Saints Row: The Third Freefalling Trailer
- Image: Closeup on Viola DeWynter to show her White glasses
- Image: Closeup of Kiki DeWynter in a modded cutscene to show her Pink glasses
- Image: Kiki and Viola
- Image: Closeup on Viola DeWynter in a modded cutscene to show her White glasses
- Image: Closeup of Viola DeWynter in a modded cutscene to show her Purple glasses
- Note: Viola wears white during the cutscene, then immediately switches to a purple pair during gameplay.
- YouTube: Comic Con interview with Sasha Grey
- GameInformer: Who's Who In Saints Row: The Third - Zimos, retrieved 3rd July 2011
- Mission: High Times
- YouTube: Quick Look: Saints Row: The Third
- Mission: Trojan Whores
- IGN: Saints Row: The Third Review
- Image: Dead Kiki
- Mission: The Ho Boat
- Mission: Nyte Blayde's Return
- Mission: STAG Party
- Mission: My Name is Cyrus Temple
- Mission: Zombie Attack
- Mission: A Remote Chance
- Twitter: Steve Jaros' comment about canon ending
- Mission: Welcome Back
- Quest: Rally the Twins
- Image: Josh, Oleg, Lin, Carlos playing volleyball in heaven
- Game Informer magazine, April 2011, page 50: "The three of you awaken to the sight of a cigarette-smoking Belgian named Phillipe Loren, flanked by his femme fatale assassins Viola and Kiki"
- YouTube: Developer Commentary - Saints Row: The Third Power CG Trailer retrieved 23rd July 2011
- Saints Row website: Forum posts by Steve Jaros (Saints Row series writer): #5, #7
- I didn't get a master's in economics to look like a slut.
- — Viola during "Nyte Blayde's Return"
- I didn't get a master's in economics to look like a slut.
- Mission: The Real World
- Image: Scan of Prima Guide
- Missions: Gang Bang
- Dialogue: Homie conversation between Oleg and Viola
- Dialogue: Homie conversation between Viola and Shaundi
- Dialogue: Homie conversation between Angel and Viola
- Dialogue: Homie conversation between Zimos and Viola