The Vice Kings trace their roots back to the 1970s, when Benjamin King organised the youths of Sunnyvale Gardens against Los Carnales. At the time, the Carnales were an unstoppable force who owned the entire city and ran rampant in Sunnyvale, killing and demanding protection money.
Benjamin King and his bangers, including a younger Julius Little, were the only ones to step up and fight back against the Carnales. Through fierce gun play, the Vice Kings were able to force Los Carnales out of Sunnyvale in a few days; after that, they spread out to take the rest of Stilwater. Soon after, retaliation shootings engulfed the projects district in everyday war and while the Vice Kings won, the city had been torn apart and the gang had just become another Los Carnales. Julius Little dropped his flags in disgust.
Years later, King began to focus on making legitimate power and wealth; Los Carnales began to expand again and the Westside Rollerz formed, turning the Kings into just one gang among three. While some of King's lieutenants were disgruntled, the ties to city hall and the police chief meant that the Stilwater Police left the Vice Kings alone. While much of their power comes from minor arms dealing, gambling and prostitution,[reference?] the crown jewel of the Vice Kings is the famous Kingdom Come Records company founded by Benjamin King.
Julius Little had stayed out of the game as he hoped the Kings could at least keep order in the city. When this failed he created the 3rd Street Saints, believing he could learn from the Vice King's failure.
Kings Chief Operating Officer, Warren Williams is in a locked duel against King because of his need to prove he's "down".[reference?] Williams argues that violence and brute force is the only way to show the rising Saints gang true power, while King remains more calm and collected about the matter.
With the help of Tanya Winters, Warren stages a coup against Benjamin King. After the Leader of the gang runs away for his life, the Vice Kings falls under the control of Williams. This is short lived, since Tanya betrays Warren by killing him and takes all the power for herself. Winters has little to no experience running a gang, let alone one of the most powerful ones in the city. During her short reign, the gang has major conflicts within its ranks.[reference?] This leads more than half the members to quit, while a small portion remains loyal to Winters. After Benjamin King allies himself with the 3rd Street Saints and kills Tanya himself, the Vice Kings disband.
Saints Row 2
Half a decade later, King has left the gang life and become an author, and there are still some old and faded and/or sprayed over Vice Kings tags in the projects and downtown districts, which used to be their turfs. In Shivington, one sign that the times have changed is the presence of a faded Vice King tag on the side of a building, now covered with a Sons of Samedi skull.
Julius Little remarks in disgust that the 3rd Street Saints hadn't ended the gang problem, just become part of it like the Vice Kings had before: "all we did was turn into Vice Kings that wore purple".
Saints Row IV
The Vice Kings are recreated by the Zin Empire inside the simulation of Benjamin King, where Tanya Winters and Anthony Green lead a coup towards him and kill him over and over again. Playa enters into King's mind to save him from the Vice Kings, killing Anthony and defeating Tanya, although she disappears.
When it turns out to be the simulation of Johnny Gat that the clones were leaked from, Playa enters into it. Inside Johnny's simulation, Aisha is kidnapped by Warren Williams which leads to Playa and Gat fighting off Vice Kings and facing off with Warren at Kingdom Come Records.
- Most Vice Kings vehicles are set to the radio station 101.69 Sizzurp FM.
- The reason Troy didn't want to go against the Vice Kings is because of their affiliation with the Stilwater Police Department, Troy was a undercover cop at the time.
- The "War for Humanity" trailer shows dead Vice Kings gang members in yellow when Playa is interacting with Ben King.
- The name of the Vice Kings might be based on the Vice Lords mixed with the Latin Kings.
- The Vice Kings are the only gang from Saints Row in Saints Row IV., and are the only gang that includes every named gang member.
- The Vice Kings are the only gang in Saints Row IV to use new vehicles compared to those used in previous games, specifically the Hammer and Compensator. While the Eiswolf exists in Saints Row, it is not used by the Vice Kings. Despite the Stiletto being available, a Vice Kings variant does not exist in Saints Row IV.
- A special Vice Kings variant of the Rattler exists within the resources of Saints Row IV, but is unused.