- No! I mean, it's no problem, I got this...
Saints Row 2
Veteran Child is a Sons of Samedi lieutenant, a DJ for the nightclub On Track and a "triple-platinum" DJ for 89.0 Generation X. He's also the main Samedi drug dealer and keeps Stilwater University supplied. Despite working with him for several years, he has a mutually hateful relationship with Mr. Sunshine, whom he is deeply afraid of. He isn't as ruthless as The General or Sunshine, and is shocked when The General orders him to cut off someone's hand because they might be stealing from their profits.
He isn't a student but admits he visits Stilwater University "for pussy". He once had a relationship with Shaundi, and while they were high, he mentioned to her where the Samedi own a drug farm.
Veteran Child is initially unaware of the Saints taking out his drug dealers at the university. The General orders him to find out what happened and if a bagboy was skimming, to cut their hand off.
When Playa wipes out the Samedi farm, The General and Mr. Sunshine confront Veteran Child and he admits having told Shaundi about it. The General tells him to kill Shaundi, or Mr. Sunshine will burn him alive. Veteran Child heads up to the Saints headquarters, and takes Shaundi hostage before escaping. He lures Playa to Cocks to be ambushed by the Samedi, but Playa manages to escape and confronts Veteran Child at On Track, where Veteran Child uses Shaundi as a human shield. Playa uses flash bangs to daze Veteran Child, then kills him.
Saints Row IV
A simulated version of Veteran Child is featured in Shaundi's simulation in Saints Row IV.. Here he is holding Fun Shaundi and using her as a Human Shield, reenacting the Saints Row 2 mission "Veteran Child". Using a Stun Gun, Playa stuns him and Shaundi. Playa then kills Veteran Child only to have Zinyak resurrect him into a new copy that creates copies of himself when killed. Kinzie Kensington then spawns a Disintegrator which allows Playa to kill all of the virtual copies of Veteran Child.
He is then featured in Shaundi's loyalty mission, Psychosomatic.[reference?] Here he sends out waves of minions after Shaundi, Playa and Fun Shaundi while taunting the Shaundis. After the crowd has been completely defeated the Virtual DJ Veteran Child then sends out superpowered clones of himself to attack the group. Playa defeats these clones as the two Shaundis manage to disable the shield protecting the original Virtual DJ Veteran Child. Playa then attempts to finish Veteran Child off but right before he is able to do so Veteran Child splits into two copies, each with a gun to one of the Shaundis' heads. Veteran Child then attempts to make Playa choose which one lives but then both Shaundis take the guns pointed at their heads and then proceed to kill both Veteran Childs.
Saints Row 2
- When holding Shaundi as a Human Shield in the "Veteran Child" mission, he has 6000 hitpoints in single player, and 9000 in Co-op. In versions of the game where Human Shield is disabled, these values are 12000 and 15000, respectively.
Saints Row The Third
Saints Row IV
- Veteran Child, Roddy Piper, and CID are the only homies not to have Audio Logs.
- The game files contain subtitles for Veteran Child's Audio Logs, but no audio.
- Due to the mission Psychosomatic not being included in the Australian version, Veteran Child, Super Shaundi, and Fun Shaundi are unlocked after De Plane Boss.
- Veteran Child: "You know who the fuck I am?!"
Playa: "Seein' as I'm gonna kill you in a few seconds I don't really give a shit."
- You did us a favour killing Veteran Child.
- — Male Sons of Samedi member after "Veteran Child"
- Way to mess up that Veteran Child tool, guy was a total Barney
Veteran Child does not have a conversation with Julius.
Asha and Veteran Child
- Asha: "I find it very interesting the diversity of the foes that the Saints have faced."
Veteran Child: "Diversity of foes?"
Asha: "Sure, from what I heard, the Saints have gone up against satanists, masked wrestlers, sinister aristocrats, and apparently some pissed off Rastafarians."
Veteran Child: "I was a member of a voodoo gang. Thank you very much."
Asha: "Ha, and because that's so much better."
Veteran Child and CID
- Veteran Child: "So can you play music or anything useful?"
CID: "Yes, I have quite a large library of music from your world."
Veteran Child: "Anything by the Feed Dogs?"
Veteran Child: "Let's hear it, you pick."
Veteran Child: "I thought you were some kind of servant robot, so come on, play something."
CID: "The only time I serve anyone is if I get paid, but for Fun Shaundi's ex, I will make an exception and just say piss off."
Cyrus and Veteran Child
- Cyrus: "Is there any way I can get an autograph some time?"
Veteran Child: "From me? Sure thing. Were you a fan of my show?"
Cyrus: "Oh no, I never heard it before. My niece was the one who loved it. Personally, I hate hippy bullshit."
Veteran Child: "Well, thanks."
Veteran Child and Keith
- Veteran Child: "God, you remind me so much of..."
Keith David: "Oh, not this again. Look, I get it. I remind you of Julius. Yes, yes, yes. I remind everyone of Julius."
Veteran Child: "Julius? No, no, no. I was gonna say you remind me of that actor."
Keith David: "Oh. Well, I am that actor."
Veteran Child: "You, woah, this is trippy. I can't believe I'm hanging out with the guy from that Ghost Busting movie."
Keith David: "No, that's... ahhh. Never mind."
Veteran Child and Ben
- Veteran Child: "Hey, been meaning to tell you that I read your book, it's really good."
Ben King: "Thank you very much."
Veteran Child: "No, thank you. You're like an empire god, you know all the tricks. I learned a lot. That's how I built a legion of loyal followers."
Ben King: "I think the addictive properties of Loa Dust started things for that."
Veteran Child: "That hurts man. I was talking about the dedicated listeners to my show on GenX FM."
Ben King: "Oh. Heh. Sorry about that. I keep forgetting you're an actual DJ."
Veteran Child and Maero
- Veteran Child: "Jessica like that gift I sent over?"
Maero: "She did. Though how did you find it?"
Veteran Child: "Had to pull a few strings to get the whole set. But, I have my connections."
Maero: "You know someone who deals in tiny plastic toy ponies?"
Veteran Child: "Gee, you'd be surprised what people collect from their childhood."
Veteran Child and Matt
- Veteran Child: "Pretty crazy, huh? The Saints bringing back us bad guys to help em out."
Matt Miller: "I'm actually not a bad guy anymore, I've worked with the Saints before."
Veteran Child: "Wait, I thought I heard you were the head of the gang, right? And you tried to take out the Saints back in Steelport?"
Matt Miller: "Yes, that's right. But I'm reformed. The Saints beat me and I went back to England, joined MI6 and all that."
Veteran Child: "The Saints beat you and let you leave? They let you live?"
Matt Miller: "Yes?"
Veteran Child: "What the hell. This is bullshit, man."
Veteran Child and Roddy
- Veteran Child: "A kilt, huh? Heh, heh. That's a bold choice."
Roddy Piper: "Oh really?"
Veteran Child: "It's just, you know, it's a skirt. Not exactly the manliest outfit, especially for taking alien hordes in a crime-ridden city."
Roddy Piper: "Look, man, it's part of my heritage, and I'm proud of it. I've had bigger men than you take cracks at me for wearing these colors and I've taken every single one of them to the mat. Just because we're not in the ring doesn't mean I won't lay your ass out. You know what I wear under my kilt? Your girlfriend's lipstick. We clear?"
Veteran Child: "Yes, sir."
Veteran Child and Shaundi
- Veteran Child: "I gotta say, Shaundi, you're looking really good."
Shaundi: "Don't you fucking talk to me."
Veteran Child: "Come on, if we're gonna work together, you have to get over..."
Shaundi: "Get over what?! That you tried to kill my friends, that you used me as a Human Shield, or that you threw my Feed Dogs limited edition vinyl into a fire?"
Veteran Child: "Shaundi, I was stoned. Besides, the Feed Dogs are terrible. I can't believe you ever liked..."
Shaundi: "IT WAS A LIMITED EDITION! We're not talking anymore."
Tanya and Veteran Child
- Tanya: "You're from Stilwater, right? So am I."
Veteran Child: "Yeah, yeah. I've heard of you. You used to run the prostitution ring there, right?"
Tanya: "Among other things, yes. I also ran the Vice Kings."
Veteran Child: "Really? Nice. Something about power makes a woman really sexy."
Tanya: "You know, maybe after we're done, here you and me should talk some more."
Veteran Child: "I suppose Shaundi told you about the time I tried to get her take a bullet for me."
Tanya: "Ehh. I've had guys do worse."
Fun Shaundi and Veteran Child
- Fun Shaundi: "So, you got anything good on you?"
Veteran Child: "I tried to kill you and you're hitting me up for weed?"
Fun Shaundi: "What? I killed you, you're harmless now. Might as well party a little."
Veteran Child: "Shrr. I think I'd be insulted if I didn't have a bag stashed at the crib we can hit later."
Fun Shaundi: "Sounds perfect to me."
Johnny and Veteran Child
- Johnny Gat: "So, how many times?"
Veteran Child: "What are you talking about?"
Johnny Gat: "How many times has Shaundi kill you now. What, like, fifty?"
Veteran Child: "Not cool, man."
Johnny Gat: "I dunno, fifty is pretty impressive."
Veteran Child and Kinzie
- Veteran Child: "So, I hear you're really good with computers and stuff."
Kinzie: "And I hear you're really good with using girlfriends as human shields."
Veteran Child: "Hey, woah. Let's just chill on that. I made amends, Shaundi and I are good now."
Kinzie: "Really, because the Shaundi I know really isn't the forgive and forget type."
Veteran Child: "Yeah, she was so much cooler back in the day."
Kinzie: "I guess being taken hostage really changes you."
Veteran Child and Phillipe
- Veteran Child: "Hey, if you ever get back into the whole criminal thing again, I can totally get you the hookup for good product."
Veteran Child: "Yeah, you know, Loa Dust, high quality weed, probably some of that sweet alien shit my ex found. Just saying, I'm your man."
Phillipe: "I'll, uh, keep that in mind."
Veteran Child: "You don't employ any crazy dudes with Machetes do you?"
Pierce and Veteran Child
- Pierce: "You know, I'm a pretty popular singer now."
Veteran Child: "That's... nice."
Pierce: "I was thinking we can hang some time. I'll let you hear some of my tracks."
Veteran Child: "Why are you talking to me? Did you forget what happened between me and Shaundi or something?"
Pierce: "Oh that? Shit bitch, she's killed you like fifty times for it since we've been here. Think it's gotta be water under the bridge now, right?"
Veteran Child: "Do you even know her?"
- All I wanted in life was to be a famous DJ, smoke whatever I could find, and get a whole lot of pussy. And frankly, things were working out pretty damn well. Not only did I have the money from my radio show, but a ton of extra cash from dealing in loa dust with the Sons of Samedi. Granted, looking back on things, that last part I probably could've lived without.
- — Unused DJ Veteran Child audio log
- That Mr. Sunshine was a crazy fucker. Seriously, he gave me nightmares even when I wasn't stoned outta my mind. And The General, he wasn't much better. Once you get in with the Sons of Samedi there's no getting out, and there's no room for screwing up. Hell, I thought I was a dead man when they found me in that record store. And that was Shaundi's fault.
- — Unused DJ Veteran Child audio log
- I knew where Shaundi was, so that part was easy. She was alone, so again, easy. But that damn boss of the Saints fucked everything up. Things were so much better when the Saints were just a Stilwater memory, but they couldn't stay dead, could they. Never thought they'd come after Shaundi in my own club. That bitch made me lose everything.
- — Unused DJ Veteran Child audio log