Overview[edit | edit source]
It is the least powerful pistol in the game as it takes five hits (or two headshots) to kill, and is also the cheapest, costing $100 in Saints Row and $400 in Saints Row 2. To compensate for the low damage, it has a fast rate of fire and a 12-round magazine. It is the main weapon of the Playa during cutscenes.
The model of the VICE 9 changes between Saints Row and Saints Row 2, but the model from Saints Row is used in some cutscenes.
In Saints Row 2, it is the only Pistol available from Friendly Fire at the beginning of the game.
This pistol is used by Civilians and gang members.
Silenced VICE 9[edit | edit source]
A silenced VICE 9 model is used by the Ronin in the "Checking Out" cutscene for The Ronin mission "Visiting Hours". The model is included in the game's data files, but it is defined as an object, not a weapon, and it has no weapon data associated with it. The PC version of the game can be modded to replace any model with that of the silenced VICE 9.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Cheat for this weapon in Saints Row is #84239 (#Vice9).
- The Cheat for this weapon in Saints Row 2 is #957.
- The Saints Row VICE 9 resembles the Beretta 92FS, while in Saints Row 2 it resembles the Beretta 81 Cheetah. In Saints Row: Total Control, it is a Beretta 92FS Inox.
- The Inclusion of the 9 (VICE 9) could be a reference to the Beretta M9.
- The weapon's name is spelled in uppercase, which could be a reference to GLOCK, which is always spelled in uppercase on the GLOCK website.
- In Saints Row 2 cutscenes, the VICE 9 sounds like a .44 Shepherd.
- The police use VICE 9 during "Assault on Precinct 31".
- Pierce mentions the weapon by name during a Planet Saints advertisement on the radio in Saints Row: The Third.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Mission: Assault on Precinct 31