This is a User talk page. See Saints Row Wiki:Discussions for discussion policies.
Welcome to the Saints Row WikiEdit
Congratulations to your first edit to User:MegaFreeman. We hope you'll stick around and become a regular editor here.
- There is plenty to do and there are many ways you can improve the wiki.
- New information is always welcome in any article, but here are some specifics if you need ideas:
- See our To-do lists for ideas, or to post suggestions
- Vote in a Poll
- Read and reply to discussions on our Forums
- There are 97 Active Discussions, including Talk:Vehicle Customization
- Add Unused Images to articles
- There are 232 pages with Image requests, including Multiplayer in Saints Row: The Third
- There are 923 files marked for replacement, including File:Free Music Track unlocked in Saints Row 2.png
- There are 134 Cleanup requests, including 'Merica
- There are 301 Content requests, including Commentaries
- There are 237 Reference requests, including Buff
- Unlockables in Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is one of our shortest articles. (Edit it!)
- Brotherhood hideout has few edits. (Edit it!)
- Gods Hammer has not been edited since 29th of August, 2016. (Edit it!)
Or check out these general pages:
- Saints Row Wiki - the main page, with many useful links.
- Saints Row Wiki:FAQ - answers to common questions
- Saints Row Wiki:Index - an index of all articles
- Saints Row Wiki:Templates - a list of many useful templates
- Category:Maintenance - contains many things which need to be done
- Special:SpecialPages - a list of many useful pages
- If you need help editing, please post on Forum:Saints Row Wiki
- Thank you. I'll be sure to check all of them out
- MegaFreeman, 2013-08-26T21:20:39Z
When you remove images from an infobox, please put them in the gallery. 452, 2014-08-29T20:26:38Z
Saints Row 2 mapEdit
The Stilwater in Saints Row 2 map has been replaced by Special:Maps/9109, a higher resolution map.
- As I said, please use the images on Map to create pins.
- If there is an image for it, then it needs a separate pin category so it can use that image.
- 452, 2015-01-25T18:40:35Z (last edited: 452, 2015-01-25T18:41:03Z)
SR2 promo vehicles on PS3Edit
You've indicated in your user infobox that you have SR2 on PS3.
- Hi. I use Google Chrome. Why?
- MegaFreeman, 2016-03-13T22:02:29Z
- It works for Chrome, but not for Firefox right now. I need to update it for Firefox but haven't gotten around to it.
- Once it's updated for Firefox, I will be moving all existing pins over to the new map and disabling Special:Maps.
- 452, 2016-03-13T22:17:32Z
- I'm aware there's currently a problem loading the map, and I'm looking into it.
- edit: Fixed!
- If you're interested, the reason was because I was saving the pins and categories in the wrong order.
- So thanks for help finding this bug!
- 452, 2016-03-13T23:05:11Z (last edited: 452, 2016-03-13T23:11:36Z)
- Wikia have now official announced that the Maps feature is deprecated, and have suggested that it may be complete removed in future.
- So I'll try to get the SRW:Maps script updated and polished up before they remove it completely.
- If you have any suggestions for improvements to it, please let me know.
- I'll also be working on moving all of the Pins over to my SRW:Maps, if you'd like to help, that would be great.
- 452, 2016-04-10T05:15:49Z
SR: Money Shot Volition streamEdit
Did you watch yesterday's MoneyShot stream? I think I saw your nickname in the chat few times. Mikey De Santa, 2016-09-01T17:53:02Z
- That is correct, I was watching yesterday's stream. Why?
- MegaFreeman, 2016-09-01T19:12:01Z
- I was curious if it was you or another MegaFreeman
- Mikey De Santa, 2016-09-01T22:47:27Z
Regarding the tumblr screenshotEdit
An anonymous comment from someone claiming to be a Volition Dev is not proof of anything.
Furthermore, you claimed that "It was confirmed by a Voltion developer on Tumblr". The text of that screenshot did not confirm anything, it only implied. 452, 2017-08-03T00:56:06Z (last edited: 452, 2017-08-03T01:06:00Z)
- I understand the skepticism but I actually "took" that screenshot 4 years ago. I sadly do not have the original message anymore without a masked URL but I fact checked the person and they really were a Volition employee, the picture username is masked because of the privacy issue of the submitter.
- MegaFreeman, 2017-08-03T01:31:02Z
This is the second time you've tried to use a non-public
developer volition-employee statement as a reference, so I just want to be clear about what non-game sources can and can't be used as a reference.
- A source must be public and verifiable at the time it's posted, some examples:
- An article/interview
- A twitter post
- A video of a dev answering questions
- Streams which are recorded
I included the words "at the time it's posted", because there are obviously many things which were on saintsrow.com that were used as references, but are no longer available. Those sources are still valid, and will stay on the wiki indefinitely, because they were valid and verifiable at the time they were posted.
- Examples of things which can't be used as sources:
- PMs from 4 years ago
- PMs from yesterday
- Streams which are not recorded
- Unrecorded in-person conversations, such as asking a dev a question at PAX
This, for example, couldn't be used as a reference: https://imgur.com/a/wwfW6A1
This public comment, however, can be used as a reference as to why idolninja is not a reliable source: http://idolninja.com/blog/?p=1714&cpage=1#comment-11452
-452 20:07, June 7, 2018 (UTC)
I would like to argue on this. The message I sent wasn't of a private sort, the server it was made in is public and the message is archived (it won't get deleted overtime). Meaning everyone who has an invite to the server (which are spread around the internet) can actually access the server and search for the message themself.
Also, to argue on the fact that IdolNinja isn't a reliable source, the info you provided is from 2012. However, since then, IdolNinja has been hired by Volition and is currently working there as their Community Developer. Not to mention that tweets on Saints Row twitter are made by him, as said in the Bio of the Twitter account.
I can, if you want, provide with a link of the server (the invite) and the exact location and date of the sent message, so everyone will be able to check it/track it down.
MegaFreeman (talk) 21:38, June 7, 2018 (UTC)