This is a User talk page. See Saints Row Wiki:Discussions for discussion policies.
Thanks for your contributions. We hope you'll stick around and become a regular editor here.
- There is plenty to do and there are many ways you can improve the wiki.
- New information is always welcome in any article, but here are some specifics if you need ideas:
- See our To-do lists for ideas, or to post suggestions
- Vote in a Poll
- Read and reply to discussions on our Forums
- There are 97 Active Discussions, including Talk:Testicular Assault
- Add Unused Images to articles
- There are 233 pages with Image requests, including Zimos
- There are 922 files marked for replacement, including File:Burns Hill Reactors - ground view of nearby building.jpg
- There are 134 Cleanup requests, including Super Ethical PR Opportunity
- There are 302 Content requests, including Camano Place
- There are 234 Reference requests, including Faster, More Intense!
- Characters in Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is one of our shortest articles. (Edit it!)
- Brotherhood hideout has few edits. (Edit it!)
- AR-50 w/Grenade Launcher has not been edited since 20th of August, 2016. (Edit it!)
Or check out these general pages:
- Saints Row Wiki - the main page, with many useful links.
- Saints Row Wiki:FAQ - answers to common questions
- Saints Row Wiki:Index - an index of all articles
- Saints Row Wiki:Templates - a list of many useful templates
- Category:Maintenance - contains many things which need to be done
- Special:SpecialPages - a list of many useful pages
- If you need help editing, please post on Forum:Saints Row Wiki
I don't know the answer to your question, as I've not played Red Faction: Armageddon, so I don't have any personal experience whether or not it actually fires out of it's ass, or whether the game in question describes it as such.
Have you played it? 452, 2013-03-19T21:10:10Z
- I have the game but have yet to really play it. So I am unsure, I thought for the sake of desencay that it should be stated without explitives unless it is a quote.
- Matt Seay, 2013-03-19T21:18:11Z
- I see this post is relatively old, but I have played the game, and yes, the unicorn does fire out of its ass.
- AutoBlood, 2013-04-03T19:51:26Z
- Age of posts is no problem here, if you have anything to add to any conversation, please feel free to reply.
- 452, 2013-04-03T19:53:49Z
- Ok, I usually say it to any post I feel might be sort-of outdated, as on other wikis the whole chat system is much stricter.
- AutoBlood, 2013-04-03T19:55:25Z
the Image I put in my info box.Edit
Why is the image I placed in my info box on there twice? Matt Seay, 2013-03-19T21:53:52Z
- Because you inserted it as an image, instead of just specifying the filename.
- I've fixed it for you.
- 452, 2013-03-20T00:16:28Z
- okay cool thanks.
- Matt Seay, 2013-03-20T00:28:08Z
I have seen that several pictures on this wiki are snap shits taken from the TV. I am not complaining nor and I telling any Admins how to do their jobs but I think that it is okay to do this as long as the picture is clear enough to see the subject, I myself was going to taken a couple pictures for the wiki and was just wondering id this type of photo taking form the TV thing is still acceptable. Matt Seay, 2013-03-24T00:27:17Z
- I probably should have mentioned this last time, but you've posted this on your own wall.
- Were you intending for this comment to be directed at anyone in particular?
- 452, 2013-03-24T01:08:06Z (last edited: 452, 2013-03-24T01:08:29Z)
- yeah I understand that I posted this on my own wall. The comment was meant for whoever is in charge of pictures on this wiki. I know you have said that no one should mention that a different wiki does something different than this one but on Wookiepedia, which I edit on, they are very strongly against taking pictures from your TV if you are getting a picture from a game or TV show or movie. But on this wiki I have noticed that there does not seem to be a problem with that. Because I was wanting to add a picture to the homies article showing the Boss with some homies.
- Matt Seay, 2013-03-24T01:21:34Z
- The message wall is more for talking to a specific person, so it would probably be better to post something like that as a blog post or a forum post next time.
- No-one is exactly "in charge" of pictures, but I can answer your questions.
- Yes, photos of the TV are allowed, because we figure that a photo of the TV is better than no picture at all. While we'd definitely prefer high-quality screenshots, not everyone can take them, so photos of the TV are fine.
- Someone will probably come along later who will replace the TV photos with higher quality screenshots, but it's definitely worth doing if you want to. Hopefully having low-quality TV photos will actually encourage people to take better screenshots themselves.
- The only pictures which get deleted outright are pictures which are too tiny to be useful. Or pictures which complete duplicate existing pictures. Multiple photos of the same vehicle from different angles and with different modifications are fine, but if there were two pictures of the same variant from the same angle, we'd keep the higher quality one and delete the other.
- Please try to make sure that the framing of the picture is good - no TV frame visible. And make sure the colours are correct, and not too washed out. You'll probably need to disable your flash and adjust your TV brightness to find a good brightness for photos.
- I haven't actually taken photos of my TV before, so I'm not sure what good settings would be, but I'd try reducing the exposure time as far as possible, and turning your cameras resolution up to take the photo, then resizing the photo down a little before uploading. Oh, and it would probably be a good idea to put your camera on a flat surface - a stood or something would work.
- Speaking of Homies, one of the things the Homies article needs is a list of the weapon which each Homie carries by default, so while you're taking photos anyway, you could make sure you took a photo of the weapon they're holding and kill two birds with one stone.
- 452, 2013-03-24T02:59:15Z
- Okay Thanks for the info. I am not used to this wall thing, as I said I edit wookiepedia and they do not have this thing, So please excuse me for that. I will take pictures of the homies from Saints Row 2 and upload them. Again thanks for the info.
- Matt Seay, 2013-03-24T03:04:09Z
- Well, it's pretty much the same as talk pages. :)
- I guess the main differences are
- It's harder for people to accidentally edit other people's comments
- You don't need to sign - which means people don't need to add sigs when people forget
- You don't need to make a section heading. (Actually, that means there's no TOC, which is a downside)
- It's auto-paginated, so no need to archive.
- You get a notification, and an email with the text of the comment. (If you choose to get email notifications anyway)
- I guess the main differences are
- But other than that, it's the same. The Message Wall is one of the only chances wikia has made recently that I really like, it definitely makes communicating easier for everyone!
- ok, well thanks a lot man. I will have those pics up later.
- Matt Seay, 2013-03-24T03:13:28Z
- I just looked at your talk page on wookiepedia quickly, and wanted to let you know that we're nowhere near as strict about images here.
- Pretty much all you need to know
- Upload pictures as large as possible - especially promo images, they're usually posted in enormous quality.
- If you ever replace an image, either upload the new image as a new version of the old image. Or, if it's not the same filetype, mark the old image for deletion.
- Use a sensible filename that at least has the name of the subject, so it's easy to quickly see which article an image should be on - just in case someone else removes it.
- Pretty much all you need to know
- Unlike over there, you won't get a "final warning" for forgetting something - even if you keep forgetting to rename your files before uploading, you'll just get a message to remind you - no need to apologise.
- That is the main reason I asked the first question, becuae I know how strict wookiepedia and other wikis are about things. I just wanted to know more of the rules over here at Saints Row Wiki. I wanna help this wiki becaue I love Saints Row and wanna see this wiki grow as much as possible.
- Matt Seay, 2013-03-24T03:20:17Z
- I should probably write up a whole page about image guidelines.
- I guess I never thought I had to point out that we aren't very strict. :P
- 452, 2013-03-24T03:26:32Z
- Coming from Working on Wookiepedia I expect strict rules on wikis.
- Matt Seay, 2013-03-24T03:27:45Z
Corporate Warfare achievementsEdit
Hello, you have indicated in your user infobox that you own DLC for Saints Row 2.
Achievements in Saints Row 2 is missing information and images from Corporate Warfare.
If you have Corporate Warfare, could you please verify the "before" and "after" achievement text?
If you are interested in helping, but need step-by-step instructions, I'd be happy to help. 452, 2015-05-17T16:05:47Z