|Ultor Family Fun Day|
Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- MIME SHOT. DIED WITHOUT MAKING A SOUND
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
Overview[edit | edit source]
At the titular company picnic, Gryphon acts as a spotter inside the lighthouse and points out targets to Playa at the Stilwater Boardwalk. After killing multiple people affiliated with Dex, Playa, satisfied, assures Gryphon that the 3rd Street Saints will cease hostilities with Ultor.
Story[edit | edit source]
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the Mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The mission starts at 12:30 at the Stilwater Boardwalk in the Hotels & Marina District. The mission begins with a Cellphone conversation with Eric Gryphon. There are no objectives until the phone call is complete, and the door to the stairs is unavailable.
- Go up the stairs to the office
Head upstairs into the Developer offices. The first breadcrumb marker is located at the door to the stairs.
Upon entering the second breadcrumb marker, a Destroy UFO flies by and destroys the windows. Looking towards the west while entering the marker causes the Destroy to fly from left to right, while looking in any other direction causes it to fly from right to left.
Entering the third breadcrumb marker equips a McManus 2010 with unlimited ammo.
The sniper rifle that is used in Saints Row 2 is very high-powered; one shot takes down most enemies; therefore taking headshots is not as crucial. Try to aim for the torso because missing scares the target into running and that can make things difficult. If all else fails, players can use an accurate enough machine gun, such as the AR200 SAW or AR-50 XMAC.
The door to the roof is locked.
- Kill all the targets Eric calls out
While taking out many of the targets given by Eric Gryphon, they cannot be let out of sight or leave the building area or risk failure.
6 Targets are randomly chosen from a pool of 6 easy and 4 hard targets: 2 easy, 1 hard, 1 easy, 2 hard. One of the Easy targets will always be the Mime. If it is not chosen randomly as one of the first two, then it is forced as the third.
- Defend yourself from the angry mimes
- Destroy the mime car
Their vehicle is initially indestructible, but after killing some mimes, destroying it becomes an objective; do so to stop them from spawning and continue the mission.
- Go up to the roof
After following the stairs to the rooftop, there is a checkpoint.
- Kill all the targets Eric calls out
7 Targets are randomly chosen from a pool of 5 easy and 6 hard targets: 2 easy, 1 hard, 1 easy, 3 hard. One of the Easy targets will always be the Pirate Tourist. If it is not chosen randomly as one of the first two, then it is forced as the third.
The Pirate is initially invulnerable. After shooting him once, he uses a 45 Shepherd to fire cannons at the rooftop, then becomes vulnerable.
- Kill the ninja prowling the rooftops
After killing all 7 targets, the final target is a Ninja on another rooftop. After shooting him, several ninjas use smoke bombs to appear on the roof and attack. Keep moving around on the rooftop and shoot them until they stop spawning and die.
Chainsaw is disabled during the Ninja fight.
- Kill the Masako that are going after Eric
From the nearby lighthouse, Gryphon is discovered and a Masako unit moves in on him. They disembark from a Bear and head up the hill towards the lighthouse, providing ample time to snipe them before they make it into the lighthouse.
It is possible to leave the roof and approach the Masako at close range before the mission failure timer runs out.
- Meet Eric downstairs
Eric thanks Playa for their help, and the mission ends.
Targets[edit | edit source]
|Waterer||Inside Easy||middle-aged_female||The target is watering some plants across the road from you
|Yoga||Inside Easy||hippie_female||The target is performing Yoga across the road from you
|Guitar||Inside Easy||hippie_male||The target is playing a guitar near the street
|Food Eater||Inside Easy||business_male||The target is enjoying a hamburger on the boardwalk
|Taichier||Inside Easy||beach_female||The target is practicing Tai Chi
|Mime||Inside Easy||mime||The target is a mime on the sidewalk below you
|Gyro||Inside Hard||crazysalesman||The target is riding in a sightseeing helicopter over the Marina
|Runner||Inside Hard||business_male||One of the targets is on to you, he's making a run for it
|Cycle||Inside Hard||business_male x2||The targets are coming down the road on a motorcycle
|Convertible||Inside Hard||business_female x2||The targets are cruising down the road in a convertible
|Flyer||Roof Easy||hippie_male||The target is handing out flyers on the boardwalk
|Sketcher||Roof Easy||student_male||The target is sitting by the handrails on the boardwalk
|Juggler||Roof Easy||barbershop||The target is standing on the pier
|Tourist||Roof Easy||pirate||The target is standing on the pirate ship
|Fisherman||Roof Easy||beach_female||The target is fishing off the pier
|Boat||Roof Hard||boat_female||The target is cruising around on a boat
|Peewee||Roof Hard||barbershop||The target is driving a Peewee on the boardwalk
|Joggers||Roof Hard||jogger_female x3||Three runners are coming down from the lighthouse, don't let them reach the finish line
|Heli||Roof Hard||rich_male_gen||The target is riding in a sightseeing helicopter over the Marina
|Jetski||Roof Hard||beach_male||The target is driving around the piers on a wave runner
|Hotdog||Roof Hard||hotdog||There's a hotdog walking on the boardwalk, get him
|Ninja||Roof End||ninja||Kill the ninja prowling the rooftops
|Limo||Unused||business_male||The target is coming out of a hotel across the road. Hurry a limo is coming to take him
|Reader||Unused||student_male||The target is across the street sitting in the grass
|Doorman||Unused||doorman||The target is standing outside the door of the Motel Marquart
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The ninjas yell out Ronin cries.
- During the ending cutscene, "The Dust Settles", Playa says to Eric Gryphon that he "can go to Mars for all [they] care"; this is a reference to the Red Faction series, which takes place in the future on Mars, where Ultor are the main antagonists.
- This is the only time all the three promotional vehicles - Destroy, Gyro Daddy, and Peewee - appear in a mission together.
- One of the targets drives a Peewee, and it can be kept by getting on the bike after killing the target.
- Playa tells Gryphon that they will track down whichever city Dex fled to to get their revenge on him, leaving it on an apparent cliffhanger. However, this plot is not continued in Saints Row: The Third.
- Unlimited Rockets are silently unlocked upon installing the DLC, rather than after completing this mission.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
"A Hunger for Revenge" cutscene[edit | edit source]
- Playa: "The fuck you mean, he's gone!"
Eric Gryphon: "Dex left town last night. He requested an emergency transfer."
Playa: "This is bullshit, Gryphon!"
Eric Gryphon: "There was nothing I could do."
Playa: "I swear to God, if I find out you helped him..."
Eric Gryphon: "I didn't!"
Playa: "Then make it right."
Eric Gryphon: "How? He knows you're trying to kill him. There's no way he's coming back."
Playa: "Fine, I can't get Dex? You're gonna help me get his people."
Eric Gryphon: ""His people"?"
Playa: "His friends, his soldiers, his fucking favourite street magician – if it's someone Dex cared about, I want 'em dead!"
Eric Gryphon: "I think I have an idea."
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Eric Gryphon: "Alright, I'm in the lighthouse."
Playa: "How's the view."
Eric Gryphon: "Adequate. Dex's people are all over. I'll identify as many as I can so you can work your... magic... from that building."
Playa: "Wouldn't it be easier to just walk up to these assholes?"
Eric Gryphon: "If you want to go on a suicide run, be my guest, but if they spot you, we're both dead."
Playa: "If you say so."
- People are starting to scatter. Get on the roof for a better vantage point.
- — Eric Gryphon, after destroying the mimes' limo
- I've been spotted. The Masako team is coming for me.
- — Eric Gryphon
- Just don't forget that I can't help you if I'm dead!
- — Eric Gryphon
- That was unpleasant. Dex will have gotten the message by now. We're finished here. Meet me near the boardwalk.
- — Eric Gryphon, after killing all the Masako
- The crowds are moving away from the building... You'll need to find another location.
- — Gryphon
- The 3rd annual Executive Pirate Bay Run is about to begin. Here's your chance to knock a few rungs off the corporate ladder.
- — Gryphon
- Gryphon: "Over there. One of Dex's accountants."
Gryphon: "Now there's someone who needs a harsh lesson on the realities of life."
Gryphon: "How bout that one? Yeah... I think I've seen them around Dex's office."
Gryphon: "Someone's personal shopper is in for a surprise..."
Gryphon: "I'm sure they've done something wrong in their miserable life..."
Gryphon: "Just shoot them already."
Gryphon: "I don't suppose Dex's chauffeur would interest you...?"
Gryphon: "You won't get an easier shot than this."
Gryphon: "Dex treats his masseuse like family... How unfortunate for them."
Gryphon: "You know what needs to be done with that one."
- — Random target
- Gryphon: "See that boat out there? It's carrying Dex's stock broker."
Gryphon: "I hope you're not planning on letting that boat escape..."
Gryphon: "Dex loaned out that boat. A pity the captain won't go down with the ship."
- — Random target boater
- Gryphon: "Look at these people stuffing their faces... Disgusting."
Gryphon: "Dex's dry cleaner is busy eating... You should have a clear shot."
Gryphon: "Hmm... Dex's personal food tester. A little lead poisoning should suffice."
- — Random target eating
- Gryphon: "Over by the limo. It's one of Dex's assistants..."
Gryphon: "Hmm, only a decoy for one of the Ultor VPs... but don't let that stop you if you're so inclined."
Gryphon: "They claim those limos are bulletproof... Care to test that theory?"
- — Random target exec
- Gryphon: "They're about to get the catch of the day..."
Gryphon: "Someone's about to sleep with the fishes... (cough) It sounded better in my head..."
Gryphon: "The only thing that person should catch is a bullet..."
- — Random target fisherman
- Gryphon: "Ugh... It's Lowery from accounting. Do us all a favor, please?"
Gryphon: "That imbecile insists on wearing that outfit to the office... I never want to see it again."
Gryphon: "Dex forces that fool to peddle month old hotdogs in our cafeteria... Please put an end to the problem."
- — Random target hotdog
- Gryphon: "Clearly that person doesn't understand how dangerous those contraptions can be..."
Gryphon: "Out on the water... Quick."
Gryphon: "Torbit from marketing is trying to escape by sea. Put a stop to it."
- — Random target jetski
- Gryphon: "(sigh) Sutton the Mime... Please put everyone out of their misery..."
Gryphon: "I'd like to see that prick do the "invisible box" routine after this..."
Gryphon: "Kill the mime. You don't really need a reason, do you?"
- — Random target mime
- Gryphon: "Masako trainer on that motorcycle. Take them out."
Gryphon: "People never understand just how dangerous motorcycles can be..."
Gryphon: "That is most certainly Dex's stylist. Someone should have worn a helmet..."
- — Random target motorbike
- Gryphon: "Now things are getting interesting..."
Gryphon: "By all means, work your magic on that one."
Gryphon: "Well, they didn't even say goodbye."
- — Random target runner
- Gryphon: "Someone is in need of a little enlightenment it seems."
Gryphon: "Feel free to put Dex's florist "at one with the universe.""
Gryphon: "That's actually not anyone connected to Dex... I'm just repulsed by their face."
- — Random target yoga
"The Dust Settles" cutscene[edit | edit source]
- Playa: "You think they gonna come down on you for this?"
Eric Gryphon: "Maybe. It isn't your problem anymore, right?"
Playa: "Yeah, I don't give a shit, I was just being polite."
Eric Gryphon: "Thanks for faking it."
Eric Gryphon: "So what are you going to do now?"
Playa: "I'm gonna find out which city Dex ran to and get the bitch."
Eric Gryphon: "The Stilwater Branch won't have any more unpleasantness with the Saints, will we?"
Playa: "As long as you don't come after me and mine, you can go to Mars for all I care."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Cutscene: A Hunger for Revenge
- Cutscene: The Dust Settles
- Note: Specifically, if the first flight navpoint is within the Field of View, it starts at the other side. If, somehow, both navpoints were both within the FOV at once, the Destroy simply would not spawn, however, this is an impossible scenario without modding.
- Diversion: Revenge