|The Streets of Stilwater|
- The Row ain't safe no more, son. We got gangs fightin' over shit that ain't theirs, and you in they way. They don't care if you representin' or not.
- — Julius Little
Overview[edit | edit source]
- You okay, playa?
- — Julius Little's first words to Playa
"The Streets of Stilwater" is the opening cutscene in Saints Row, shown upon completion of the creation of Playa. As the first cutscene in the game, it introduces the player to their playable character; Playa, as well as Julius Little, Troy, and the four gangs vying for control of the city of Stilwater: the Vice Kings, the Westside Rollerz, the Carnales, and the 3rd Street Saints.
Details[edit | edit source]
Around the corner, Levar, accompanied by 2 unnamed Vice King gang members, decide to tag over Westside Rollerz graffiti, but the three are abruptly stopped by three Rollerz gang members in the area. The Rollerz start the fight by hitting one of the Vice Kings with a baseball bat and a fistfight ensues. After exchanging blows, one of the Rollerz flees past Playa, with Levar throwing his spray can after him.
Three Carnales gang members arrive in a Hollywood and open fire on both the Rollerz and Vice Kings. The Vice Kings and remaining Rollerz draw their weapons and a gun battle ensues during which one Carnales is killed and along with two of the Vice Kings and all the Rollerz. After Levar is gunned down, the Roller who escaped earlier returns with a K6 Krukov and starts firing at the Carnales, as the prostitute and Playa run across the road in different directions. The Carnale driver is killed, and his foot hits the pedal, causing the car to speed off wildly.
The prostitute, having run directly across the road, is well out of the way of the speeding car, but Playa having run diagonally, narrowly avoids being hit by the car by jumping out of the way, and is apparently injured and does not get back up. The Roller with the assault rifle executes the surviving Carnale, and is in turn shot in the head by the surviving Vice King, who approaches Playa. Stating "Wrong time, wrong place, dawg", he raises a GDHC .50 at him, aiming to dispose of any witnesses, but as he is about to pull the trigger, the screen cuts to black, and a gunshot is heard.
It turns out that the shot is fired by Troy, a member of the 3rd Street Saints. Along with Julius Little, the leader of the 3rd Street Saints, they help Playa up and across the road to safety, during which the Carnales' car explodes.
After crossing the road to a third corner, Julius invites Playa to join his gang.
- The Row's got a problem. Come to the church when you wanna be a part of the solution.
- — Julius Little
Location[edit | edit source]
The cutscene takes place on a stretch of road in Harrowgate, between Rim Jobs and the Stilwater Police Precinct 4 building. Visible landmarks in the cutscene are a 1 Hour Photo building, Chuk Nuik's Books, Bob's Liquor, Pizzeria Bolle, and several distinctive houses. The graffiti itself does not appear outside the cutscene.
The 4 locations in the cutscene are around the same intersection.
- The location of the watch seller is the south side of the 1 Hour Photo building in the north west corner.
- The location of the graffiti is the east side of the 1 Hour Photo building in the north west corner.
- The location where Troy saves Playa is on the north side of the building in the south west corner.
- The location where Julius and Troy take Playa is on the west side of the building in the south east corner.
In the scene where Levar throws the can of spray paint, he turns the corner of the 1 Hour Photo building, with the graffiti location visible behind him to the north, and the watch seller ahead of him to the west, demonstrating that it is impossible to see the graffiti location from where Playa is standing. The re-creation of this scene in Saints Row IV does not faithfully recreate the scene, and has the Vice Kings down the same street as Playa.
Newscast[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Newscasts
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The prostitute's appearance is randomly generated each time the cutscene is played, either by restarting the game, or using a Theater.
- "Buenas noches" is Spanish for "good night".
- A Vice Kings member, Levar, sprays a Westside Rollerz member in the face using a spray can used for tagging. This is not possible to do in the game itself.
- The Westside Rollerz gang member wielding the K6 Krukov has an Ultor logo on the brim of his hat.
- It is unknown how exactly Playa gets wounded in the cutscene. He limps, using Julius for support, as they escape, so it is possible he sprained his ankle as he dived out of the way of the Carnales' Hollywood, or the car grazed Playa's leg.
- When the game is saved before beginning the first mission, Canonized, the save file reads "Meeting the Saints", along with "0%" game completion. Usually, after saving a game in Saints Row at any other time, the save file reads the last completed mission.
- The Hollywood Los Carnales are driving has blue underglow, a feature that is not available in Vehicle Customization until Saints Row: The Third.
- The cutscene takes place at 10pm, after the cutscene the time is 9am.
- The game files include an unused Bum variant.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
- Hustler: "Watches! I've got watches here! Yo! Hey man, this shit'd cost you 600 dollars in the store...aw whatever...watches!"Playa walks past the HustlerStripper: "Hey baby, I could show you a good time..."Playa stops at the StripperLevar: "Oh, hell no!"
Vice Kings unnamed white male: "Man, fuck the Rollerz!"
Vice Kings unnamed black male: "Levar! You gonna let those bitches disrespect us?!"
Levar: "Shit, what you think?"Levar sprays over the Westside Rollerz tagWestside Rollerz unnamed white male: "Fuck you think you're doin'?"
Vice Kings unnamed white male: "Jus' bein' civic minded, is all."
Westside Rollerz unnamed asian male: "That so?"
Vice Kings unnamed black male: "Yeah, some dumb ass cracka went and shit on this wall, and we jus' cleanin' it up."The Westside Rollerz and Vice Kings fight, and a Los Carnales Hollywood pulls upLos Carnales unnamed Hispanic male: "Hector says "Buenas noches...""
Levar: "Shit!"There is a shootout and the sole survivor approaches PlayaVice Kings unnamed black male: "Wrong time, wrong place, dawg."There is a gunshot and the screen goes darkJulius: "You okay, playa?"
Troy: "Julius, let's move."The Carnales Hollywood explodesJulius: "That don't look so bad, you should be fine. That's Troy. You can thank him later."
Julius: "The Row ain't safe no more, son. We got gangs fightin' over shit that ain't theirs, and you in they way. They don't care if you representin' or not."
Troy: "Julius, this is no time to recruit..."
Julius: "We need all the help we can get, son."
Troy: "No, we need to get our asses outta here."
Julius: "In a minute! Look, the Row's got a problem. Come to the church when you wanna be a part of the solution."
- — "The Streets of Stilwater" cutscene
Unused[edit | edit source]
There are 3 unused subtitles.
- Westside Rollerz unnamed white male 2: Dude...
- Westside Rollerz unnamed white male 2: VK's are all over our sign!
- Westside Rollerz unnamed asian male: Oh fuck that.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
This dialogue template displayed fine before the UCP update.
It is now broken because Wikia Staff think that " " and "" are the same.
If you want to see this content, use this link to tell Wikia Staff that a space ( ) is not the same as nothing ().
- Mission: King Me