Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- Saints cripple Brotherhood
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
At the Saints Hideout, The Protagonist rallies the 3rd Street Saints as they prepare to launch a final assault on Maero's hideout, using the weapons acquired from the long-awaited shipment that The Protagonist seized previously.
As the 3rd Street Saints and The Brotherhood fight against each other, The Protagonist charges through the hideout and confronts a Mini-Gun-wielding Maero on the rooftop. A quick firefight leads to both of them falling through the roof to the ground floor, where a shocked Donnie and Matt run away. Both The Protagonist and Maero struggle to get up, but the fight soon resumes with The Protagonist gaining the upper hand. Just as The Protagonist is about to kill Maero with a tattoo needle, Matt returns and uses his weight to pin The Protagonist to the ground, sacrificing himself to give Maero enough time to run; The Protagonist manages to grab a brick and uses it strike Matt in the head, knocking him unconscious, but throws it forcefully at Matt's face and kills him upon realizing that Maero has escaped in a Legion with Donnie.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
- Meet the Saints near the Brotherhood hideout
- Kill the Lieutenants to draw out Maero
Before entering the hideout, fight through ten lieutenants outside first. This can be surprisingly tricky as some come equipped with RPG Launchers. Using ranged weapons such as a McManus 2010 can be helpful for those unwilling to risk making a push, and ditching the two default Homies can help as they may be targets for the enemy.
- Maero is in the warehouse, find a way in
More information is needed about this subject.
- Make your way to the roof
The rooftop can be accessed via the sixth floor. There are additional 3rd Street Saints members along the way up through the building - feel free to help them in gunning down The Brotherhood, or just kill those in the way and head up each staircase. The path forward is linear, but it is easy to get lost.
- Kill Maero
Once on the rooftop, Maero stands on an inaccessible part of the roof wielding a Mini-Gun.
There are few places to take cover here, and the cover does not last long as it eventually falls to Maero's firepower. Run from one cover to the next repeatedly, shooting him until his health is depleted. Using the low wall in front of/beneath Maero for cover will cause him to throw Satchel Charges; use this opportunity to run back and avoid the explosives while pelting him with ammo until he falls.
Ultimately, once Maero seemingly falls, the mission ends.
- After crossing the checkpoint in Poseidon Alley, Saints reinforcements begin assaulting the Brotherhood HQ in Standard variants of Nelsons, Nordbergs, Hollywoods and Kenshins, regardless of Gang Customization vehicle selection.
- The Protagonist says a line after killing their second, fourth, sixth, eighth, and tenth lieutenants during the opening attack.
- During the siege of Maero's hideout, a 3rd Street Saints gang member can be heard stating their preference on taking down Donnie.
- When on the rooftop, Maero comes equipped with both a Mini-Gun and Satchel Charges. He fires his Mini-Gun without reloading and only uses his explosives if The Protagonist gets close.
- It is possible to jump off the rooftop during the fight against Maero and survive (either by using a parachute or from suffering no fall damage unlocked after completing the Base Jumping Diversion). After doing this, one can head to the Airport Hangar; although Garages are disabled during missions, a Thompson helicopter can be found inside. By taking the helicopter back to Maero's location, it is possible to engage him in close quarters combat.
- It is also possible to leave a helicopter on the rooftop in advance.
- This is Donnie's final appearance in Saints Row 2.
- "Rallying Cry" is also the name of the opening cutscene for the Saints Row mission, "Canonized".
- Unlike any other enemies, Maero doesn't stop firing his Mini-Gun if The Protagonist is out of his sight; he uses it even if The Protagonist is far away from the warehouse.
- The mission unlocks the Stoughton neighborhood, despite the Brotherhood hideout being located in Poseidon Alley.
"Rallying Cry" cutsceneEdit
- The Protagonist: "I'm glad ya'll seem to like the new hardware the Brotherhood decided to hook us up with."
The Protagonist: "Ya know, up until this point we've been toyin' with Maero...kill his bitch here, steal his money there...but I'm through playin'. We know where he lives, we have his guns, and I say it's time we take that motherfucker out, whatchu think?"
- — "Rallying Cry" cutscene
- The Protagonist - Male 1: "Remember: after what they did to Carlos none of the Brotherhood are walking out alive..."
The Protagonist - Male 2: "I hope you guys are ready for this, 'cause the Brotherhood ain't gonna be happy to see us..."
The Protagonist - Male 3: "Listen, I don't want anyone to forget why we're doin' this. These assholes killed one of our own, and no one hits the Saints and gets away with it."
The Protagonist - Female 1: "I'm gonna be real with you guys. Chances are all of ya'll ain't gonna make it through this. But I want you to know: not one Brotherhood is gonna walk away from this fight alive."
The Protagonist - Female 2: "Listen up: when we get to Maero's little playhouse you can kill all the Brotherhood you want...but Maero's mine."
The Protagonist - Female 3: "Hitting Maero on his home turf isn't gonna be easy, but we owe it to Carlos to put that sonofabitch in the ground."
- — While driving
- The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "This is our city!"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "Let's do it people!"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "The Brotherhood are finished in Stilwater!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "The Brotherhood are through in Stilwater!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "Let's do this, Saints!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "Let's do this, Saints!"
- — After killing two lieutenants (Labelled "3 kills")
- The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "You thought you could take the Saints?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "Stay loose Saints!"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "Make some bodies, Saints!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "Get the fuck outta my city!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "Come on Boys, this aint over yet!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "The Brotherhood aren't goin' out without a fight!"
- — After killing four lieutenants (Labelled "6 kills")
- The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Keep it movin' people, we gotta take these bastards out!"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "It ain't over yet, we got pleanty more of these assholes to go through..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "No one's walkin' outta here alive!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "We started with Jessica, and we're not stoppin' still we're done with Maero..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "We ain't stoppin' till they're all dead!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "Don't stop shootin'!"
- — After killing six lieutenants (Labelled "9 kills")
- The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "They're on their last legs!"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "The Brotherhood are finished..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "*speaks Spanish*"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "We can do this!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "Maero can't hide behind you forever..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "Let's do this for Carlos!"
- — After killing eight lieutenants (Labelled "12 kills")
- The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "I'm done killin' your friends Maero!"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "Maero, I'm commin' for you!"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "Your friends couldn't stop us, Maero!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "What happened Maero, I thought your boys were supposd to be tough..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "Momma's comin' for you Maero!"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "How many of your friends do I gotta kill, Maero?"
- — After killing all ten lieutenants (Labelled "15 kills")
"It's Not The Fall That Kills You..." cutsceneEdit
- Donnie: "The shootin's stopped, you think it's over?"
Maero (unused): "Get out of here..."
Maero (unused): "Screams"
Maero: "Your little buddy screamed like a bitch when we trussed him up..."
Maero: "How 'bout you bitch? You gonna scream?"Matt pin The Protagonist to the groundMatt (unused): "Donnie, look out!"
Matt: "Maero, get outta here!"
Matt (unused): "*yelling in anger*"Donnie pulls up in a vehicleDonnie: "Get in, man!"
- — "It's Not The Fall That Kills You..." cutscene
Check the Mission to-do list for ways to improve Mission articles.