|The Shopping Maul|
Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- Mall closed for renovations
- — Ultor Times newspaper headline
Using the surveillance equipment acquired in the previous mission, the 3rd Street Saints locate The General in his Hounfor. Playa and Shaundi quickly rush to Rounds Square Shopping Center and set up an ambush; when The General passes, the 3rd Street Saints smash a Cheetah into his Hounfor, ramming it off the road and forcing him to seek shelter in the nearby mall.
Playa and Shaundi chase after The General and, although he attempts to fight back in a custom Bulldog, manage to kill him. Victorious, Playa takes a cigar from The General's corpse and lights it triumphantly, before walking off with Shaundi, safe in the knowledge that the Sons of Samedi are defeated.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the Mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
- Head to the ambush location
- Kill The General's escort
Kill the eleven bodyguards. It's best to stay at the top of the stairs, as extra Sons of Samedi enemies may flank Playa from behind at the bottom.
- Go after The General!
Chase after The General when he exits his Hounfor and enters the elevator down towards the mall.
- Track down The General
Once in the mall, head to the back, gunning down the relatively light opposition. Ignore waiting for Shaundi here, as she isn't much help.
- Kill The General
Once at the back, The General attempts to run over Playa in his custom Bulldog. A nearby Toad is marked to give chase in order to kill The General. Once the Bulldog loses most of its health, it catches on fire, causing it to explode and killing The General inside.
- Cash: $50,000
- Respect: None
- Achievement: Remind Me of the Babe (40)
- Neighborhood: Prawn Court
- Vehicle: The General's Bulldog
- Samedi vehicles: (Stiletto, Churchill, Danville, Wellington)
- Player Customization: Samedi Personality
- Homie: Shaundi
- The ambush takes place on the other side of the stairs where the 3rd Street Saints ambushed the funeral procession in the Saints Row mission "Hail to the Chief".
- The Hounfor can be stolen after the driver gets out. If The General's bodyguards have not been killed, The General remains in the vehicle. If The General leaves the vehicle and makes it into the mall, the Hounfor explodes.
- It is possible to pull The General out of the Hounfor without failing the mission by using the Shaft to tow the limo. Shaundi or another Homie can also pull The General out. The General remains invulnerable and fights Playa or Homies with fists or any weapon he picks up.
- Shaundi cannot be recruited as a Homie during the boss fight against The General.
- The Achievement for completing this mission, "Remind Me of the Babe", is a reference to a quote from the 1986 film Labyrinth.
- This is the only mission where the Samedi use vehicles inside the mall. Outside of this mission, Ultor security use Toads.
- If Shaundi is called in as a Homie before replaying the mission from the Newspaper Clipboard, there will be two Shaundis following Playa, but one will disappear before the boss fight with The General.
- According to the subtitles, either a white or asian 3rd Street Saints member may find the limo.
- 3rd Street Saints gang member: "Holy shit..."
3rd Street Saints gang member: "I found the limo!"
Playa: "Yo Shaundi, where the hell are you?"Shaundi: "Sup?"Playa: "Fuckin' A...Yo Shaundi, where the hell are you?"
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Yo Shaundi, where the hell are you?"
Playa: "Get up, we gotta get movin'..."
Shaundi: "What, you're actually taking me along"
Playa: "I can't get a hold of Pierce."
Shaundi: "Thanks...I guess..."
Playa: "You're welcome, now get up, we gotta catch that limo."
- — "Stakeout" cutscene
- Shaundi: "Where are we goin'?"Playa (Male Voice 1): "Some of the boys are setting up a trap by the mall..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "The General was headed towards the mall, We gotta beat him there..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "The General's headed to the mall, and we got a little surprise for him..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "The General's headed towards the mall, and we gotta get there before he does..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "The mall, we're gonna set up a welcoming party for The General..."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "The mall. We're hitting that asshole before he has a chance to disapear again..."
- Here he comes, get ready!
- — Shaundi, "Ambush" cutscene
- Playa (Male Voice 1): "Kill all those mother fuckers!"
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Take 'em out!"
Playa (Male Voice 3): "*speaks Spanish*"
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Let's go boys!"
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Kill the rest, but The General's mine!"
Playa (Female Voice 3): "*speaks Spanish*"
- — Labelled "Ambush"
- It's no use, that thing is built like a tank!
- — Shaundi, after shooting The General's Hounfor
- Boss, The General's getting away!
- — Shaundi, after all bodyguards are killed
- He's getting away!
- — Shaundi
"Dishonorable Discharge" cutscene
- Shaundi: "Is he dead?"
Playa: "You gotta light?"
Shaundi: "That's it huh?"
Playa: "Seein' as we stole their drugs, cornered the loa dust market, took their territory, and killed their leader I'm pretty sure the Sons of Samedi are fucked."
Shaundi: "So...how'd I do?"
Playa: "We'll he's dead and you're not, so I'd say pretty Goddamn good."
Shaundi: "So you think I could take Gat?"
Playa: "Not on your fuckin' life."
Shaundi: "What about Pierce?"
Playa: "Probably not."
Shaundi: "Veteran Child?"
Playa: "Seeing as he's dead, I'm pretty sure you'd kick his ass."
Shaundi: "You're an asshole...."
- — "Dishonorable Discharge" cutscene