|The Enemy of my Enemy|
Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- Weapons shipment hijacked
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
After Dane Vogel seized Maero's incoming weapons shipment, Playa is playing skee ball with Shaundi at an arcade. Following Playa's request, Shaundi's learned that Maero has been asking about the rescheduling of his shipment. Suspecting that there's a reason for the shipment's delay, Playa heads out to investigate.
Sure enough, Playa locates the cargo ship to the southeast of Stilwater. After killing the Ultor security team on deck, Playa then uses the weapons that the shipment consists of to defend against incoming Brotherhood enemies, who have also arrived in an attempt to wrestle control of the shipment back from Ultor. After successfully holding off all waves of enemies, Playa calls Shaundi and asks her to get a crew together to transport all the weapons back to the Saints Hideout.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
- Find a way on board the cargo ship
Head to the vessel and board it - this may be difficult as some of the Ultor security guards on deck - particularly at the bow (front) of the ship - have RPG Launchers that can shoot down a helicopter.
- Eliminate the Ultor security team
There are 18 Ultor guards in total.
Once those on deck have been killed, the last 5 are highlighted in the hold, accessible through a door near the bow.
- Cutscene and Checkpoint
- Brotherhood gang members are coming after the cargo ship
- Another wave of Brotherhood Gang Members are coming after the cargo ship
- A third wave of Brotherhood Gang Members are coming after the Cargo Ship
Ammunition can be refilled at any time by visiting the ship's hold. After destroying each wave, the game provides time to revisit the room and resupply.
The waves themselves aren't particularly difficult, but the gang members board both sides and can be overwhelming. Head to the bow and, rather than trying to shoot the boats and helicopters on their way to the boat, shoot the helicopters with the RPG Launcher as they close in and attempt to drop enemies off nearby. Any surviving helicopters endlessly fly around the cargo ship in a pattern until destroyed. The boats pull up alongside the cargo ship and offload enemies too, but they can easily be gunned down. Furthermore, the boats are no longer a problem once their passengers have disembarked, unlike the helicopters.
Once all three waves of The Brotherhood's attack have been repelled, the mission ends. After the mission completion screen, an Oppressor helicopter spawns on deck.
- The title of this mission is inspired by the adage, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".
- Although there are K6 Krukov assault rifles inside the weapons caches, all assault rifle ammo is available.
- The cargo ship in this mission is defined in the game's files as a building, not a vehicle, and only appears in this mission.
- This mission is similar to the later Saints Row: The Third mission "The Ho Boat": both missions involve raiding a ship with cargo belonging to an enemy gang and end with repelling a counterattack that comes in waves via helicopters and boats.
- The mission script refers to the Horizon as "Attack Helicopter". There is an unused section of the mission script which would have made the Horizon automatically explodes when fired upon after landing on the cargo ship, and a disabled line that would automatically detonate it after the mid-mission cutscene.
- The Hotel Penthouse elevator is a custom trigger which is added during the mission. After getting into any 3 of the marked vehicles, including the Horizon, the rooftop trigger remains, but the ground floor trigger is removed. When the crib is owned, the normal elevator is restored, but when it is not owned, the ground floor trigger is removed entirely, and there is no way to get back to the rooftop.
- The Warp to Shore function is disabled for the entire mission.
- Hey it's Shaundi, meet me at Adam's Arcade, I gotta talk to you about the Brotherhood.
- — Shaundi
"Of Shipments and Skee-Ball" cutscene
- Playa: "Tell me you didn't pick this place just so you could play that stupid game."
Shaundi: "No, I picked this place so we could play this stupid game...this gang shit's got you a little stressed out, you need to relax."
Playa: "By playing skee-ball."
Shaundi: "Oh yeah."
Playa: "Ya know most people just smoke pot."
Shaundi: "Right...and then they go play skee-ball."
Playa: "Fuck it."
Playa: "So did you hit the docks like I asked?"
Shaundi: "Wait, what?"
Playa: "After the Feed Dogs concert, I called you to look into the docks and you sa-"
Shaundi: "Look, I gotta be honest I was really stoned..."
Playa: "You gotta be kiddin' me."
Shaundi: "Yeah I totally am. One of the dock workers just called and said this big guy with tattoos and a scarred face was shakin' people down trying to find out when some shipment was rescheduled to arrive."
Playa: "Why would Maero need to ask about the time of his own shipment?"
Shaundi: "I dunno, maybe it got delayed."
Playa: "And you're sure this big guy with tattoos is Maero, and not just some biker guy?"
Shaundi: "I'd bet my life on it."
Shaundi: "Wait... hold up, waddya mean deal?"
- — "Of Shipments and Skee-Ball" cutscene
- Pierce: "Check it out, I got some more dirt on the shipment..."Shaundi: "OK, I just got some more info on Maero's shipment..."Playa (Male Voice 1): "One sec, I got another call. (Beep) 'Sup?"
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Hold up, I got another call. (Beep) Hello?"
Playa (Male Voice 3): "Great, hang on, I got another call. (Beep) Hello?"
Playa (Female Voice 1): "That's Awes-hang on, other line. (Beep) What's up?"
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Hold that thought, I got another call. (Beep) Hello?"
Playa (Female Voice 3): "Gimme a second Pierce, someone's callin'... (Beep) Hello?"Shaundi: "Maero's bought enough guns to take over...something that needs a lotta guns to take over. The point is that if you get to the cargo hold you should find some nice toys to play with..."Playa (Male Voice 1): "I'm listening..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "aight, lay it on me..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "Whatchu got?"
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Great, whaddya find out?"
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Great; whaddya find out?"
Playa (Female Voice 3): "That's what I like to hear, whatchu got?"Shaundi: "Bye boss. (Beep)"Playa (Male Voice 1): "I knew I could count on you..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Thanks for the tip..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "You're the best Shaundi..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Shaundi, remind me to buy you some shrooms."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Thanks for lettin' me know..."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "Thanks Shaundi..."
Pierce: "You there? Maero's got a shit ton of ammo stashed in the-"Pierce: "Are you fuckin' kiddin' me? I'm the one who told Shaundi about it."Playa (Male Voice 1): "Tell me somethin' I don't know, Shaundi filled me in..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "You're a little late on the pickup Pierce, Shaundi told me all about it."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "No shit, Shaundi already told me all about it."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Don't worry 'bout it Shaundi gave me the 411."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "I know all about it Pierce, Shaundi gave me an update."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "That's great Pierce, but Shaundi already told me all about it."Playa (Male Voice 1): "Man, quit tryin' to take Shaundi's shine we're all on the same team...we'll talk about this later."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Yeah that's great, Listen: can you tell Shaundi good job for me? Thanks."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "No need to be defensive Pierce, I'm sure you tried the best you could."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Uh-huh, so anyway, if you see Shaundi tell her thanks for the tip, bye."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Girls don't like jealous boys Pierce, you gotta relax."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "Wow that's great, so yeah, I'm gonna go kill some people just do me a favor and tell Shaundi good job for me, thanks."
"Handle With Care" cutscene
- Playa answers a phone callPlaya: "What's up?"
Shaundi: "Are you ok?"
Playa: "I'm fine, what's up?"
Shaundi: "I was listening in on the police scanner and the coast guard is reporting a lotta Brotherhood are comin' towards you."
Playa: "You sure?"An explosion knocks Playa to the floor, and several crates fall and burst openShaundi: "Boss? Are you there?"Playa notices RPG Launchers inside the cratesPlaya: "I'm fine Shaundi...suddenly I'm not so worried about the Brotherhood."
- — "Handle With Care" cutscene
- Shaundi: "I'm on it, Boss..."Playa (Male Voice 1): "Shaundi, get a crew over here...there's alotta hardware to move..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Yo Shaundi, we're gonna need some boys to come out here and give me a hand movin' this shit..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "Hey Shaundi it's me...we're gonna need a crew over here ot[sic] move this stuff..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "These guns aren't gonna move themselves...Shaundi get a crew and move the hardware back to the hideout..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Shaundi, get as many Saints as you can find over here, I'm gonna need a hand moving all this stuff..."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "Shaundi, get some of the boys and head over here...we got a lotta guns to move."
- — On the phone to Shaundi
- ↑ Mission: Jail Bait
- ↑ Mission: Thank You and Goodnight!
- ↑ Cutscene: Of Shipments and Skee-Ball
- ↑ Cutscene: Handle With Care