|Thank You and Goodnight!|
Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- Feed Dogs concert hailed "best ever"
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
At the Saints Hideout with Shaundi and Pierce, Playa laments their failure to ask Jessica about the shipment before killing her. Playa is sure Donnie won't know about it after displeasing Maero, and so decides to question Matt.
Together with Pierce, Playa steals a Delivery Truck carrying fireworks and uses it to get past The Brotherhood and gain access to the Feed Dogs concert, where Matt is playing. Matt has little information to give and only knows that the shipment is coming in by boat. Playa, furious, mercilessly holds down Matt's hand as the pyrotechnics display activates, burning and crippling his hand and arm. As Playa leaves, they phone Shaundi and ask her to find out what she can on the shipment by "[making] new friends" at the docks.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
- Pick up the fireworks truck from the warehouse
Drive Pierce to a specific warehouse.
- Kill the Brotherhood guarding the truck
Eliminate all of the The Brotherhood enemies outside.
- Get into the Fireworks Truck
- Throw fireworks boxes to defend the truck
- Get to the Arena
While Pierce drives the truck to the concert, there are unlimited crates of Fireworks are supplied defend the truck from incoming enemies. If the Fireworks hit a vehicle, they instantly explode; otherwise, they have a fuse. Any vehicle caught inside the fireworks' explosion is instantly destroyed.
In Co-op, the mission plays slightly different: the guest drives the truck instead of Pierce and there is also a 3 minute countdown. There are also get 4 units of Brotherhood Notoriety instead of 3 while in a truck.
- Cash: $3,500
- Respect: None
- Neighborhood: Copperton
- Mission: Retribution
- Player Customization: Brotherhood Melee
- Pierce changes the Radio Station to 102.4 Klassic FM even if it's locked out in the Menu, causing Playa to remark that Pierce has a poor taste in music. Playa makes a similar remark during the Sons of Samedi mission "Bonding Experience".
- Despite Pierce responding that he's the driver and that they're going listen to what he wants, he does not complain if radio station is changed.
- Pierce also listens to classical music in Orange Threat Level, which instead draws a complaint about him changing the radio station.
- If 102.4 Klassic FM is already playing, Pierce changes to 105.0 The World instead, even if the station is not available yet.
- The other three members of the Feed Dogs have randomly generated appearances, which change when replaying the mission either in a new game or via the Newspaper Clipboard.
- After this mission, three radio advertisements related to the Feed Dogs are disabled.
- The Brotherhood use a Bulldog variant in this mission that is not used elsewhere in the game. It jumps from Mount Claflin in an attempt to ambush the delivery truck, and can easily be obtained by exiting the mission while it is on-screen.
"Music Lovers" cutsceneEdit
- Shaundi: "I think you're bein' too hard on yourself..."
Pierce: "Yeah, that car crushin' thing was pretty tight."Pierce: "Bitch is dead, who cares about the shipment?"Playa: "Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of my work, it's just...I got so wrapped up sending Maero a message I never asked Jessica about the shipment."
Playa - Male 2: "Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of my work, it's just...I got so wrapped up in sending Maero a message I never asked Jessica about the shipment."
Playa: "I do."
Playa: "It's something that Maero wants, and that means I'm gonna take it."
Shaundi: "Alright, there's gotta be someone you can pump for information, what about Donnie?"
Playa: "He got manhandled twice I'm pretty sure he's out of the loop, if not dead."
Pierce: "What about their tat-"
Shaundi: "What about their tattoo artist?"Pierce: "What just happened?"Playa: "Good idea"
Playa - Male 2: "Good idea."
Playa: "Shaundi had a good idea."
Pierce: "What-the-fuck-ever, she stole min-"
Shaundi: "Don't be jealous Pierce, we're all on the same team. You said before that this guy's in a band called The Feed Dogs, right?"
Shaundi: "They're playin' tonight...it shouldn't be too hard to crash the show."
Playa: "Nice call Shaundi."
- — "Music Lovers" cutscene
- Playa (Male Voice 1): "Ok, let's go get Matt's truck..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Whatchu say we borrow the Feed Dog's pyro truck..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "Let's find the Feed Dog's truck..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "The Feed Dogs gotta have pyro truck..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "You ready to go to a concert Pierce?"
Playa (Female Voice 3): "Let's go get Matt's truck..."
- — Mission start
- Let's see what this bad boy can do...
- — Pierce, once in the truck
- Pierce switches the channel to 102.4 Klassic FMPierce: "Ya hear that? That is music..."Pierce: "Yo fuck you, I'm drivin' we gonna listen to whatever the hell I want..."Playa (Male Voice 1): "Pierce...when did you get a vagina?"
Playa (Male Voice 2): "What the hell are we listenin' too?"
Playa (Male Voice 3): "We're gonna have a conversation about your music tastes, Pierce..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Pierce...is there something you're not telling me..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "You gotta be kiddin' me..."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "Is this the softer side of Pierce?"
- — While driving to the warehouse
- Pierce: "You doin' 'aight back there?"Playa (Male Voice 1): "Don't worry 'bout me, just get us to the concert..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "I'm fine, keep drivin'!"
Playa (Male Voice 3): "I'll be doin' better once I blow all these assholes up!"
Playa (Female Voice 1): "I'm gettin' shot at but beyond that, I'm great..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "I'm cool Pierce, just keep drivin'!"
Playa (Female Voice 3): "I'll be fine, just get us there in one piece..."
- — While driving to the concert
- Pierce: "Why the fuck you gotta bring up Shaundi, I'm the one drivin' the damn truck..."Playa (Male Voice 1): "I tell ya Pierce, you wanna move up in the Saints you gotta start getting ideas like Shaundi..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "It's like I've been sayin' Pierce, Shaundi's been on point with the good ideas..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "I gotta hand it to Shaundi, this is a helluva plan..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "I gotta hand it to Shaundi...this plan of her's might work..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "My girl Shaundi's been steppin' up her game, hasn't she?"
Playa (Female Voice 3): "I'm glad Shaundi came up with this plan..."
- — While driving to the concert
- The concert's started, get in there!
- — Pierce, upon arrival
"And the Band Played On" cutsceneEdit
- Playa: "Back off."
Playa: "What's the shipment?"
Matt: "The fuck are you talking about?"
Playa: "Don't fuck with me, Matt, you got a lotta gear on this stage I haven't played with yet..."
Matt: "You gotta believe me, I just tattoo the gang, they don't fill me in on what they're doing."
Playa: "All that time you inked up Maero and you never heard him talk about a shipment with Jessica?"
Matt: "All I heard is that it was coming in by boat...they leave me out of the loop on purpose, they were trying to keep me from getting mixed up in their shit."
Playa: "Your friends should have tried harder."
Matt: "Come on, I told you everything I know!"
Playa: "Don't worry, I'm not gonna kill you..."
Playa: "Enjoy your retirement, Matt..."Playa calls ShaundiPlaya: "Hey, Shaundi?"
Playa: "You know anyone that works at the docks?"
Shaundi: "Not really..."
Playa: "Looks like you get to make some new friends...Maero's got a shipment comin' in by boat and I wanna get it before he does."
Shaundi: "OK, I'll take care of it."
- — "And the Band Played On" cutscene
- ↑ Mission: Bank Error in Your Favor
- ↑ Cutscene: Music Lovers
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Cutscene: And the Band Played On