This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Unlockable Pack article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Unlockable Pack article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Unlockable Pack article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
--user452 13:36, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
- M17_Vehicle_STAG_VTOL? That should be the Crusader choice. Maybe that's why this DLC hasn't been released - they screwed it up and unlocked the wrong vehicle. --user452 07:36, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Why would people pay for this? To anyone who considers buying this know that you can just mod it for free to get all of them, plus some other fun things as well.Tkdk4 (talk) 07:10, July 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Simple, if you're one of those people (like me) who doesn't know, and doesn't want to know how to mod games, this is your only other option. It may not be the best option, but at least the option exists. --TalkNShoot 10:13, July 28, 2012 (UTC)
- That's a strange argument Tkdk4, "you can get it for free, so why pay for it" - you can download the entire game for free, did you pay for it? I'm not condoning piracy, I'm just saying.
- The same is also true for any DLC, especially the 12 packs that were on disc at release - do you think no-one should pay for them either?
- Technically, modding the game is a violation of the user agreement (read the fine print) If people start releasing mods that unlock paid content, volition/thq will start cracking down on modders. --452 01:08, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
- @Tkdk4 even if you can technically unlock everything just by playing the game and earning the rewards, you would need to maintain 2 separate game saves and keep track of the rewards you have taken and not taken. It's impossible to get all of the rewards on a single game save even with glitching and exploits, unless you are on the PC version and have a mod/hack for it, which is I'm assuming the version that you are playing.
- For those that play on consoles it's definitely worth it. Also if you start a new game you get most of those rewards unlocked right from the start of Mission 3 (when you unlock the first crib) and the flying vehicles after mission 5 (when you unlock the helipad). That is a lot of content unlocked for you early game, WAY more than many of the other DLCs, plus it does not block your ability to get Achivements/Trophies.
- Derragorn (talk) 14:30, August 15, 2012 (UTC)
When is the Realease date--22.214.171.124 02:05, July 31, 2012 (UTC)X
- As it says in the article, the release date is not known. --452 07:19, July 31, 2012 (UTC)
Unlocks for PS3 Version Edit
For the PS3 version, the Satchel Charges/SPECTRE Jet Bike and the Black Prototype Crusader (From the mission "My Name is Cyrus") are unlocked. The white F69 VTOL is also unlocked for some reason, though it's not part of the branching rewards. It's probably an added "bonus" for buying the pack. You still have to earn the Black F69 VTOL and the Saints Rover. Since you can technically play both main story "endings" Derragorn (talk) 14:20, August 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the confirmation! I expect that it has been fixed in the released versions of the DLC, we'll have to wait for confirmation for the other platforms.
- As it says in the list at the top of the page, the VTOL unlock is named "M17_Vehicle_STAG_VTOL" - M17 being My Name is Cyrus Temple, due to this and the fact that the Tank was missing, I think it is more likely it was
a mistakean error than a bonus. -452 19:53, August 15, 2012 (UTC)