This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the The Saints Wing article.
- Comments and questions about improving the The Saints Wing article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the The Saints Wing article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Check the Mission to-do list for ways to improve Mission articles.
Apart from The Protagonist's immediate actions depending on each choice, the choices have no effect during the mission. Hopefully, if Volition didn't totally drop the ball, these 3 choices are actually profiling the player's personality - similar to several other games, including Silent Hill Shattered Memories (an otherwise terrible remake, the profiling was a nice feature).
They're some good profiling questions, so they should be used during the simulations to determine ... something. Like everything else, time will tell, so this isn't worth mentioning in the article until it is verified. -452 17:39, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
- It seems to be there to enjoy a bit of different voice acting options. Different voices will ask for different foods sent up if Feed Hungry is chosen, for instance. Adds some replay and character customization value. There does seem to be a bit of context for each voice; their hobbies, temperement, history, curses, food preferences. KrisCrash (talk) 04:19, November 17, 2013 (UTC)
- How do I explain; purpose is such a big word, and I didn't use it. It's there to get you to know your President, part of storytelling is to get you to form it inside your head, it doesn't all happen on the screen. Also, please use the talk page right ;) KrisCrash (talk) 19:16, November 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Pretty much everything you just said is speculation, and opinion. I disagree about your notion of storytelling, and I disagree that the reason the choices are there to "get you to know your President" - the developers have frequently stated that the player character is "you", the player, therefore it is completely at odds with the series to say that they're introducing "you" to "you".
- "Also, please use the talk page right" - What exactly are you talking about? -452 (talk) 19:25, November 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, it appears that Volition totally dropped the ball, and the choices had absolutely no effect on anything. -452 (talk) 04:30, November 17, 2013 (UTC)
An anonymous user added the following speculation regarding the glitch effects: "This is most likely because the mission takes place at a hidden spot inaccessible in normal game standards inside the simulation". Apart from the fact that speculation is not allowed on the wiki, this line proposes that inside the game, there is a "simulation", which is preposterous. While it hits the nail on the head that all non-Steelport locations are generally areas outside the normal play area, there is no "inside" or "outside" the simulation, as far as the real-life game is concerned. The programmers should have disabled the UI glitch effects during missions supposedly in the "real world", but they did not - they also didn't even attempt to explain how the "Hub" that Kinzie talks about in-simulation is accessible outside the simulation, both of these things are obviously attempts to make the UI an immersive in-universe concept, they both actually break the immersion. -452 17:30, June 30, 2015 (UTC)