This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Samson article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Samson article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Samson article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Vice Kings Chop ShopEdit
I wanted to play through SR1 again recently so I ordered a used copy of Amazon and have been replaying it this past week. When going through, I noticed a lot of characters that start Activities are not named, but have names on this wiki.
After a little searching, I found that they are apparently named in the code, as demonstrated by this page which names nearly every single speaking character:
Of note, the Vice Kings Chop Shop character is identified as Samson (though oddly enough, he is one of the only Activity characters who's name is not listed on the wiki). I couldn't find the voice actor for Samson listed in any credits for Saints Row, but to my untrained ear they at least sound like they could be the same person. Additionally, in his appearance in Saints Row 2, he is wearing green pants and a sleeveless t-shirt, just like the Vice King Chop Shop character and both are established to be skilled at working with cars. Naturally he would have had to have cut his hair and shaved (along with aging a bit in the face) during the years between SR1 and SR2.
As such, I believe there is a good chance he is the same character, which means he is not unseen in SR1 like the wiki currently claims. I didn't want to make the edit without opening it up for discussion first though. Thoughts? Miracle Max (talk) 03:31, December 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Nicely spotted! It would make sense that they were the same guy. I wish they looked more alike, or that we even had confirmation that the Chop Shop guy was the guy who was rigging the bombs. I know when Aisha's car gets a bomb, it's the garage in Saint's Row, but I don't recall where the cars are taken for the WR and LC missions, do you want to check that out? -452 (talk) 03:48, December 16, 2013 (UTC)
An anon user just added that Samson drives a Voxel in SR1 - since he doesn't physically appear, this seems really unlikely. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm leaving it for now, but will remove it "later". (I'll also replay the Samson missions, "later", and check.) -452 (talk) 13:07, November 8, 2014 (UTC)
- There's a Voxel in Samson's garage during "Supply and Demand" cutscene (Vice Kings Chop Shop) but he is never seen driving it in this or any other cutscenes.
- TheMoonLightman (talk) 23:10, November 8, 2014 (UTC)