This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Saints Row Wiki article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Saints Row Wiki article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Saints Row Wiki article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
For archived posts, see: Archive
Many wikis protect their front page from editing altogether, and the front page here is sometimes temporarily protected, but I see permanent page protection
has an abuse of rights. Page protection should only be used when there is a high risk of excessive vandalism. Vandals usually get bored and don't return when they've been rendered powerless, so there is no point in keeping a page protected when the vandal has lost interest.
Anyone vandalising the front page will receive a 1 year block. -452 (talk) 19:04, January 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Incidentally, Help:Common mistakes has a section about "Protecting pages unnecessarily". -452 00:54, August 8, 2015 (UTC)
|This is marked as an Active Discussion.|
Topic: Game Navigation Redesign
Earlier, someone attempted to add Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell beside Saints Row IV, which obviously didn't work so well as there is no space.
The column format has reached the limit, so it's time to consider a redesign. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to create a draft in the Sandbox. If you require a full-width draft, please make a draft in the Portal namespace, such as Portal:Sandbox/bob's draft. -452 (talk) 12:59, August 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, and Saints Row (mobile) and Saints Row 2 (mobile) also need to be added in some fashion. -452 (talk) 13:00, August 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Since no-one has made any proposals, I've now redesigned it myself. Does anyone have any feedback? -452 (talk) 03:25, December 18, 2014 (UTC)
This wiki has displayed the Gaming wikis footer on the main page since the week the wiki was created, 4 years before I joined the wiki.
When I joined the wiki 4 years ago, the wiki was not listed in the footer - so I added it. Since then, I have been helping to maintain the footer on Community Central, including ensuring that all wikis in the footer displayed the footer on their main page. Although I have disagreed with some of the decisions regarding the footer, I chose to continue to display it here so that the Saints Row Wiki could continue to be linked from 700+ other wikis.
However, Wikia Staff have now re-claimed the footer, locked it so that the community can no longer edit it, and replaced it with a message that the footer has been retired. Instead of 700+ wikis linking to the Saints Row Wiki, those wikis now display the "This footer has been retired" message.
This wiki displays a slightly customised version of the footer, so it was not effected by the blanking of the main footer, but most wikis displayed the main (blanked) footer, and in any case, Wikia Staff have removed the footer from all wikis listed in the footer.
So while for the past 4 years all of the wikis in the footer have linked back to the Saints Row Wiki - now none of them do. I see no point to continue to link to these wikis, so I am proposing that we remove the footer from our main page.
Obviously since the footer predates everyone on the wiki, it would be inappropriate for me to remove it without an opportunity for community discussion.
Can anyone think of a reason we should continue linking to the wikis in the footer when none of them link here?
If no-one knows of a reason, the footer will be removed on the 5th of November, if I remember. -452 17:13, October 3, 2015 (UTC)