This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Saints Hideout article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Saints Hideout article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Saints Hideout article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Status as "club" Edit
I disagree with this article being placed in the "clubs" category. It is not listed as a "club" on the map, and you cannot buy alcohol there. While Purgatory is theoretically a "club", it is not used as a club during the storyline. So anyone looking for a list of Night Clubs features in the game would be mislead by this entry.
- I see you've already discovered that you can :) Thanks for adding Buggy", which is the name of the unlockable "Mongoose", it would make sense to add "Buggy" to an "unlockables" category (I don't know if one exists) instead of "Mongoose", since people will probably be looking for the name "Buggy" in that case -452 19:23, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
I have determined that the 3 stages of style upgrades are not based on completion percentage, completing all activities and no missions does not cause the interior to be upgraded.
Style upgrades are therefore either based on the number of missions completed, or the style is upgraded as a result of completing specific missions. I'll continue researching this. --452 01:51, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
- It's mission count based. Strongholds don't count. The exact mission doesn't count, percentage doesn't count.
- Started from save with all activities done, did several missions until style changed. Noted percentage and missions completed. (in the statistics)
- Reloaded game, did available strongholds, then completed missions until style upgrade, noted different percentage and same missions completed. (in the statistics)
- Reloaded game, did different missions until style changed, noted different percentage and same missions completed (in the statistics)
- The only consistent result was 11 missions complete. Although the load screen has a "missions complete" display which includes Strongholds, only the missions complete listed in the Statistics count. Still need to confirm Average to Pimp change, obviously. --452 03:41, June 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Sped through another 11 missions, and confirmed that the Pimp upgrade happens at 22 missions. Reloaded and completed alternate mission to confirm it wasn't a mission-specific trigger. 11/22 makes sense, since if you were doing one gang at a time, that's approximately 1 arc per change. Interestingly, since Bad Trip was the next mission I had to do, I did it and found that the elevator could not be used during that mission, although in Good D, it can be used. --452 00:54, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Problem: I was loading some old saves to check the Pushback unlock glitch, and discovered a file with 13 missions completed and still at Ratty, the next save, with 14 missions completed, is Average.
- I'm annoyed and confused by this. -452 05:20, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
- New testing methology:
- New game in a new profile, to eliminate all other variables
- Focusing on playing through missions (just doing enough activities to get respect up - since activities are already known to not count)
- Saving after Three Kings
- Playing order: SOS, TB, TR - saving after each mission and watching for style upgrades
- After change, reloading last save and completing Revelation first (No hood unlocked - verifies it is not hood based)
- After confirming both upgrades, reloading from Three Kings and playing in order: TR, SOS, TB
- Hopefully then, we'll have consistent results. -452 18:29, May 18, 2013 (UTC)
- I should have read my earlier notes. Strongholds don't count, you have to look at "number of missions completed" in the Statistics. Still, it was pretty fun to start a new game. -452 04:56, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Hideout does not upgrade after 11 missions. I have completed 17 missions (4 Prologue and 13 gang missions, and not counting strongholds of course) and it is still at Ratty. I'm going to change the wording in the article to include 'approximately'.22.214.171.124 07:10, May 9, 2015 (UTC)
- Can you please upload your save file with 11 missions completed to verify this? -452 13:36, May 9, 2015 (UTC)
- Additionally, I've been very specific with my tests, and you have not, so I've reverted your change to the page until such time as you write a more detailed report of your findings. -452 13:37, May 9, 2015 (UTC)
- As I've said previously, my tests were very specific, and I'm confident in my findings. If someone doubts my findings, and has an alternate hypothesis regarding Saints Hideout style upgrades, please feel free to outline your tests, and I will be happy to verify it. -452 03:32, February 21, 2017 (UTC)
I have checked my Steam version of Saints Row 2 and so far The Krunch is the only Radio Station that plays automatically inside the Hideout.
Not subject of imageEdit
I noticed that this appears in various images, it is it because there is a nude person in them? if so, then should i replace them?
- Yes, and no. I have already taken replacement screenshots, I just haven't gotten around to uploading them yet. -452 17:43, April 22, 2019 (UTC) (edited 17:43, April 22, 2019 (UTC))
- All replaced. :) 452 14:08, April 27, 2019 (UTC)