This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Respect article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Respect article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Respect article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Losing Respect Edit
- Die - false in SR2
- Kill friendly gang members - false in SR2
- Fail missions - false in SR2, both with retrying and with exiting after failing - in fact, if you exit the mission, you get back the 1x you spent to start it!
- Fail activities
- As far as I can tell, it is not possible to "lose" respect, other than spending 1x respect to start a mission. -452 00:41, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
I have added a little information on respect in SR3. Respect is no longer needed to progress in story, so you can just keep playing story missions after the other without the need of respect. It has been changed to instead be needed to upgrade your character's skills and abilities as well as to unlock to items.XboxAnnihilator 16:32, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Even I despise the respect gaining to do stories part and its a good thing that such a dreadful thing is not on the newer games Queen Darkness Von Haven (talk) 22:21, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
Max Respect in SRTTEdit
I just wanna know if anyone knows the highest respect level you can reach in Saints Row: The Third--Spanish Overlord 23:14, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
- 50. -452 17:16, April 23, 2013 (UTC)
Infinite Respect Edit
I thought I had already started a discussion regarding infinite respect, but I can't seem to find anything.
I'm not sure about the previously assumed "Respect changes to infinite when there is enough to complete all missions". As the article notes, only 55 levels of respect are required to start all missions, however, after playing nothing but activities after Appointed Defender, I watched the respect go all the way up to 99x before turning infinite. To be clear, on the Activity completion screen, it read 98, then went up to 99x but did not partially fill the bar, then after the completion screen the respect bar said infinite. My total respect earned is 792786. 99x8000=792000.
It's still possible that it changes to infinite sooner after completing some or all missions, which needs to be investigated. My own guess at this point is "when all activities are completed, or 99x is reached, whichever comes first. -452 (talk) 22:09, February 6, 2015 (UTC)
- So, we need a few other tests to check when respect changes to infinite, such as:
- Complete activities to get to level 55, complete all missions, then complete activities.
- Complete activities and missions one by one.
- Complete some missions, then complete activities. (Need a varying number of these)
- The relevant information in all cases is: Missions completed/56 from the save menu, and Total Respect earned, from the Statistics.
- On of the other ideas I had was 100-(missions completed), which could be true with the results we have so far. It could also happen every time 792000 respect earned is reached, regardless of the number of missions completed. -452 (talk) 01:34, February 7, 2015 (UTC)
- I know that the symbol changes from x(number) to ∞ (usually when the number is near 100) but if one gets infinite respect (if when killing a gang member, the screen shows RESPECT 0) and starts a mission, killing a gang member shows RESPECT (NUMBER) instead, hence the player still has lost respect, even though it shows infinite respect.
- TheMoonLightman (talk) 03:45, February 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, "Total Respect Earned" in the statistics is tied to the profile, not the save file, so it is only valid for a new profile when all progress is saved.
- Anyway, a result: I loaded a save from 98x Respect, did a few missions, with the Respect dropping one level, but the bar slowing creeping up due to miscellaneous respect earned. During Laundry Day, at 94x Respect, the bar filled and changed to infinite. In theory, this would have been at 792000 Total Respect, but mine is at 805020 due to having loaded a saved game. But also, 100-5=95 - 95x is what the respect level is outside the mission.
- So at this point, both theories appear true and I'm unsure how to test for one without the other. 792000 Total Respect isn't as useful, since it's inaccurate for replays in the same profile. If 100-mission is true, then it should be possible to get to level 55, complete all missions, then do activities and reach level 45 before it changes to infinite. -452 (talk) 05:06, February 7, 2015 (UTC)