This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Radio Stations in Saints Row 2 article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Radio Stations in Saints Row 2 article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Radio Stations in Saints Row 2 article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Currently, we have this page with all of the tracklists, and an individual page for each radio station, which includes each tracklist. I vote that we remove the tracklists from this page, and just have a list of links to the individual stations, while leaving the genre and DJ on this page. 452 17:31, February 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, it's been 3 months, so I'm going to go ahead and do this. -452 02:57, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
I don't know how to do this myself, but is there some way we can put all the adverts into two, maybe three columns to save on space? (Unsigned: User:ThePog 09:23, May 23, 2011)
- 100% possible, good idea! -452 10:54, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Done. How does it look? -452 11:04, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- It's beautiful darling :'3 Pog 05:41, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
In case anyone wants them, here are all 91 radio ad files: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCGLC466 - There are 63 radio ads, the others are the news updates, the karaoke tracks, and the menu music file. -452 06:01, June 27, 2011 (UTC)
- These have now been uploaded to various articles. --452 22:03, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
All I did was turn the "My Radio 85.5" into a link. I added only 4 symbols into the article, but the page history falsely shows that I had edited the whole page and added 200 symbols. Nothing appears to be missing, but there's some empty rows in there now. GMRE 15:18, December 19, 2011 (UTC)
Moving this from the titles page for reference.
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_EZZZY": "Easy Listening"
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_FOUR_20": "Jamaican Music"
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_FUNK": "Funk Music"
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_GEN_X": "Modern Rock Music"
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_K12FM": "Electronic Music"
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_KLASSIC": "Classical Music"
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_KRHYME": "Hip Hop and Rap Music"
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_KRUNCH": "Hard Rock Music"
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_MIX": "80s Pop and Rock"
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_SIZZURP": "Hip Hop and Rap Music"
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_THE_WORLD": "Eclectic World Music"
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_ULTOR": "Ultor"
- "RADIO_STATION_GENRE_UNDERGROUND": "College Radio"
- "RADIO_STATION_MY_RADIO": "MY RADIO 85.5"
List of categories at Scratch That:
- "MUSIC_CLASSICAL": "Classical"
- "MUSIC_DANCE": "Dance"
- "MUSIC_EASYLISTENING": "Easy Listening"
- "MUSIC_ELECTRONICA": "Electronica"
- "MUSIC_FUNK": "Funk"
- "MUSIC_HIPHOP": "Hip-Hop"
- "MUSIC_METAL": "Metal"
- "MUSIC_REGGAE": "Reggae"
- "MUSIC_ROCK": "Rock"
- "MUSIC_UNLOCKABLE": "UNLOCKABLE"
--452 22:03, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
I'm confused whether some of store commericals disappear or not. There are 2 commercials for each store and I noticed that one of commercial for each store is disappeared. Is it because of Store Ownership? Is it because after buying chain of specific store, the commercial is removed?
I might be wrong about all of this, but these are just my findings.
- I'm not sure either. At the end of the game, I don't get any "sale" commercials. -452 11:45, September 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Apparently the random sales happen only during the storyline, and that's why no sale commercials can be heard after the storyline.
- I was listening to 95.4 KRhyme FM and there was an Impressions commercial which I have never heard after beating the game. I then opened the map and saw that this store had 40% sale at Saint's Row store and 50% at High End Retail. I've also had 50% discount at Foreign Power in Saint's Row and 60% in the rest, although I haven't heard any commercials about FP as well.
- By the time there was a sale at Impressions, I have purchased all of these available stores, so it's unlikely that owning all stores removes all sales before beating the game.
- Looks like the main source is store_discounts.xtbl. Example from this file (1) and quick description (2):
<StoreDiscounts> <Name>Impressions</Name> <Discounts> <DiscountElement> <DiscountName>Impressions15</DiscountName> <Amount>0.15</Amount> <RadioEvent>COM_IMPRESSIONS_SALE</RadioEvent> <Hours>24</Hours> <Triggered>0.20</Triggered> </DiscountElement> <DiscountElement> <DiscountName>Impressions25</DiscountName> <Amount>0.25</Amount> <RadioEvent>COM_IMPRESSIONS_SALE</RadioEvent> <Hours>24</Hours> <Triggered>0.75</Triggered> </DiscountElement> </Discounts> <_Editor> <Category>Store Discounts</Category> </_Editor> </StoreDiscounts>
<Element> <Name>Discounts</Name> <Type>Grid</Type> <Element> <Name>DiscountElement</Name> <Type>Element</Type> <Display_Name>Discount</Display_Name> <Element> <Name>DiscountName</Name> <Type>String</Type> <Display_Name>Discount Name</Display_Name> </Element> <Element> <Name>Amount</Name> <Type>Float</Type> <Description>Discount amount. Percentage or dollar...store manages what it is.</Description> <Default>0.0</Default> </Element> <Element> <Name>RadioEvent</Name> <Type>Reference</Type> <Display_Name>Radio Event Triggered</Display_Name> <Reference> <File>radio_events.xtbl</File> <Type>Event.Name</Type> <OpenSeparate>False</OpenSeparate> </Reference> </Element> <Element> <Name>Hours</Name> <Type>Int</Type> <Display_Name>Game Hours Available</Display_Name> <Default>24</Default> <MinValue>1</MinValue> </Element> <Element> <Name>Triggered</Name> <Type>Float</Type> <Display_Name>Fire On % Owned</Display_Name> <Default>0.1</Default> <MinValue>0</MinValue> <MaxValue>1</MaxValue> </Element> </Element>