The game refers to Player Customization as both "Player Customization" and "Player Creation". I chose to use the name "Player Customization" to match "Gang Customization"
I have added full lists from the game data files, but I think this article could be improved by adding descriptions to some of the personality options. -452 18:55, April 6, 2011 (UTC)
Info from data files
- "MELEE_STYLE_BROTHERHOOD": "Brotherhood Melee Style"
- "MELEE_STYLE_DEFAULT": "Brawler Melee Style"
- "MELEE_STYLE_JERK": "Jerk Melee Style"
- "MELEE_STYLE_RONIN": "Ronin Melee Style"
- "MELEE_STYLE_SAMEDI": "Samedi Melee Style"
- "MELEE_STYLE_TACKLER": "Tackler Melee Style"
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_80S": "80s"
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_BODYGUARD": "Bodyguards"
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_GANGSTER": "Gangster"
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_NINJA": "Ninjas"
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_PIMP": "Pimps 'n Hos"
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_PREPHOP": "Prephop"
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_SPORTY": "Sporty"
As you can see, there are other "gangs" listed. The presence of the 3 enemy gangs makes me think that they are just defined here as a group which refers to the enemy gangs themselves, and it was never supposed to be a option for your own gang style.
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_SOS": "Sons of Samedi"
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_TB": "The Brotherhood"
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_TR": "The Ronin"
Unused, images have been found for these unavailable unlockables.
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_COLLEGE": "College Students"
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_COWBOY": "Cowboy"
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_CROSS": "Cross Dressers"
- "CUST_GANG_NAME_STRIPPER": "Strippers"
These are not available through the plastic surgeon
- "CUST_FACIAL_EXP_BASHFUL": "Bashful"
- "CUST_FACIAL_EXP_EMBARRASSED": "Embarrassed"
- "CUST_FACIAL_EXP_SAINTLY": "Saintly"
- "FACIAL_EXPRESSION_DEATH_A": "Death 1"
- "FACIAL_EXPRESSION_DEATH_B": "Death 2"
-452 23:53, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
Some are clothing rather than features, but they're defined in the same location
- CUST_ITEM_AISHA_S_HAIR = Messy
- CUST_ITEM_AISHA_S_JACKET = Women's Blazer
- CUST_ITEM_AISHA_SHORT_CHAIN_FLAT = Flat Chain
- CUST_ITEM_CHILD_S_LEFT_BRACELET = Beaded Bracelet
- CUST_ITEM_CHILD_S_NECKLACE = Beaded Necklace
- CUST_ITEM_CHILD_S_RIGHT_BRACELET = Beaded Bracelet
- CUST_ITEM_DANE_S_HAIR = Feathered Executive
- CUST_ITEM_DJ_VETERAN_CHILD_S_EYEBROW = Bushy and Pointed
- CUST_ITEM_DJ_VETERAN_CHILD_S_GLASSES = Round Shades 2
- CUST_ITEM_DJ_VETERAN_CHILD_S_HAIR = Medium Colored Dreads 2
- CUST_ITEM_DJ_VETERAN_CHILD_S_SHIRT = Save Earth Tee
- CUST_ITEM_DONNIE_S_EYEBROWS = Bushy and Round
- CUST_ITEM_DONNIE_S_GOATEE = Short Goatee
- CUST_ITEM_DONNIE_S_HAIR = Shaved w/Spiky Bangs
- CUST_ITEM_DONNIE_S_MUSTACHE = Trimmed
- CUST_ITEM_DONNIE_S_PANTS = Racing Pants
- CUST_ITEM_DONNIE_S_SHIRT = Work Shirt
- CUST_ITEM_GAT_S_NECKLACES = Gat's Necklaces
- CUST_ITEM_GAT_S_TRIBAL_NECK_TATTOO = Gat's Tribal
- CUST_ITEM_GENERAL_S_BRACELET_LEFT = Sectioned Bracelet
- CUST_ITEM_GENERAL_S_BRACELET_RIGHT = Sectioned Bracelet
- CUST_ITEM_GENERAL_S_BULLET_PENDANT = Bullet
- CUST_ITEM_GENERAL_S_PANTS = Casual Slacks
- CUST_ITEM_GENERAL_S_SKULL_MEDALLION = Skull
- CUST_ITEM_GENERAL_S_SNAKE_MEDALLION = Snake
- CUST_ITEM_JESSICA_HAIR = Long and Straight
- CUST_ITEM_JOHNNY_GAT'S_HAIR = Johnny Gat's Hair
- CUST_ITEM_JOHNNY_GAT_S_HAIR = Spiky Top w/Dyed Tips
- CUST_ITEM_JULIUS_BEARD = Goatee w/Soul Patch
- CUST_ITEM_JULIUS_EYEBROWS = Soft
- CUST_ITEM_JULIUS_MUSTACHE = Trimmed Long
- CUST_ITEM_JYUNICHI_S_LEFT_WRIST_STRAP = Leather Wrist Cuff
- CUST_ITEM_JYUNICHI_S_RIGHT_WRIST_STRAP = Leather Wrist Cuff
- CUST_ITEM_JYUNICHI_S_RONIN_JACKET = Men's Biker Jacket 3
- CUST_ITEM_JYUNICHIS_EYEBROWS = Thinning
- CUST_ITEM_KAZUO_S_HAIR = Slicked Back Colored
- CUST_ITEM_LAURA'S_EYEBROWS = Laura's Eyebrows
- CUST_ITEM_LAURA_EAR_PIERCING_LEFT = Medium Hoop
- CUST_ITEM_LAURA_EAR_PIERCING_RIGHT = Medium Hoop
- CUST_ITEM_LAURA_S_EYEBROWS = Thin and Short
- CUST_ITEM_LAURA_S_SWEATER = Women's Sweater
- CUST_ITEM_MAERO'S_BELT = Tribal Buckle Belt
- CUST_ITEM_MAERO_S_BELT = Maero's Belt
- CUST_ITEM_MAERO_S_MULLET = Tribal Mullet Long
- CUST_ITEM_MAERO_S_SHIRT = Solid Silk Shirt
- CUST_ITEM_MATT_S_EYEBROWS = Pointed
- CUST_ITEM_MATT_S_HAIR = Tribal Mullet Colored
- CUST_ITEM_SHAUNDI_HAIR = Long Dreads 1
- CUST_ITEM_SHAUNDI_S_ANGEL_TATTOO = Angel
- CUST_ITEM_SHAUNDI_S_BELLBOTTOM_JEANS = Bellbottoms
- CUST_ITEM_SHAUNDI_S_BELT = Shaundi's Belt
- CUST_ITEM_SHAUNDI_S_SHAUNDI_HAIR = Colored Dreads
- CUST_ITEM_SHAUNDI_S_STAR_TATTOO = Star
- CUST_ITEM_SHOGO'S_HAIR = Shogo's Hair
- CUST_ITEM_SHOGO_S_HAIR = Spiky w/Dyed Tips
- CUST_ITEM_SHOGO_S_ONE_OFF_NECKLACE = Shogo's Neckace
- CUST_ITEM_SHOGO_S_ONE_OFF_SHIRT = Shogo's Shirt
- CUST_ITEM_SUNSHINE_S_JACKET = Men's Blazer
- CUST_ITEM_SUNSHINE_S_SHIRT = Patterned Silk Shirt
- CUST_ITEM_WONG'S_EYEBROWS = Wong's Eyebrows
- CUST_ITEM_WONG_S_COAT = Chinese Traditional Jacket
- CUST_ITEM_WONG_S_EYEBROWS = Bushy and Long
- CUST_ITEM_WONG_S_MUSTACHE = Long Shave Middle
- CUST_ITEM_WONG_S_PANTS = Chinese Traditional Pants
- CUST_ITEM_WONG_S_SHOES = Chinese Sandals
--452 23:28, June 30, 2012 (UTC)
About the supposedly too long sections
The SR1, SR2 and SR3 sections should be turned into separate articles, where they could be perfictly detailed. And the "Player Customization" should be a disambiguation page. GMRE 18:18, October 10, 2011 (UTC)
- It would have been nice of you to wait for a response before taking action.
- At first glance, I disagree with this. Especially since the split was poorly done.
However, this is definitely one solution to the problem.-452 22:15, October 10, 2011 (UTC)
- I take that back, as I just checked the cleanup tag: the problem was that the Saints Row: The Third section was unnecessarily long - it is still unnecessarily long, you have not shortened it at all, you've just moved it to a different page.
- I disagree with this split, as it is not a solution to the problem, and no other pages are split in this manner. -452 22:17, October 10, 2011 (UTC)
- But so what if it's longer? Why is it bad if it's perfictly detailed? GMRE 08:56, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
- The Saints Row 2 section is perfectly detailed. This point is null. -452 09:07, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree that the pages don't look very standard and they don't have the right categories yet, but why should the customization list be less than perfect? GMRE 08:56, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
- The Saints Row 2 section is perfect. This point is null. -452 09:07, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
- The whole point of a wiki is to have an encyclopedia of ALL info. GMRE 08:56, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
- The Saints Row 2 section has ALL info. This point is null.
- As you have provided no valid reasons for splitting the page, the combined page will be restored. -452 09:07, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
- The reason was that someone complained about the SR3 section being too long and detailed (too good), so it made sense to shorten the article. This
way, the size and level of detail in the SR3 section can't be a problem. GMRE 10:23, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
- If you think that marking an article for cleanup is complaining, then it may be best that you leave, because marking articles for cleanup is standard practice.
- Before you removed it, the cleanup tag said: "The Saints Row: The Third section is unnecessarily long and should be shortened in the same manner as the Saints Row 2 section"
- It was not marked for cleanup for being too detailed, it was marked for cleanup for being too long. Do not attempt to put words into my mouth. The SR2 section contains every detail. The SR3 section should be compressed to match the SR2 section - no information should be deleted, only compressed.
- Splitting the page does not achieve this goal, and does not address the text in the cleanup tag, therefore splitting the page was unnecessary.
- You have given no valid justification for splitting the page, so the combined page will be restored.
- Additionally, you appear to be arguing for the sake of arguing. If you continue to repeat yourself, and ignore the information which I have given you, I will be forced to assume you are a troll. Your continued input in this discussion is welcome, but please stick to the facts. -452 05:23, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
- I have begun the cleanup of the Saints Row: The Third section, as per the cleanup tag. For a start, I have removed the question mark entries, the "[Slider: 0 to 100]" next to almost every settings, changed most of the headings to bullets, as well as compressing the options, as was done with the Saints Row 2 section.
- I expect you to complete the rest. If you are confused about what is required, look very closely at this edit, and look at the Saints Row 2 section, since most of the options appear to be exactly the same. -452 05:56, October 16, 2011 (UTC)
In Saints Row, it was originally intended to be possible to import characters.
- "SAVELOAD_IMPORT_ABORT":"Resume Without Importing"
- "SAVELOAD_IMPORT_BODY_TITLE":"IMPORT BODY"
- "PLAYER_CREATION_IMPORT":"IMPORT FROM SAVE"
It sucks that they abandoned this. The first thing I thought the first time I played Saints Row 2 was "Wait, why can't I import my character?" I've read that it's because they completely overhauled the customization system, but that is a cop-out excuse. As is when a forum is upgraded and the admins are too lazy or ignorant to preserve all links.. --452 02:05, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
- That would've been a very useful feature - my character's never quite been the same since SR1. Oh, and... "As is when a forum is upgraded and the admins are too lazy or ignorant to preserve all links" - mah nigga. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 20:46, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
Removed autotune Voice
- There are no audio files in the game files for it, but I imagine it would have been more like T-pain and Zimos. -452 ( 20:21, 22 December 2012 )
Trivia -- Quarter Circle Forward + A
- In Saints Row: The Third, the "Quarter Circle Forward + A" taunt is a reference to the Kamehameha in the Dragon Ball franchise.
This is incorrect. This taunt is a reference to the Hadouken from the Street Fighter franchise, not the Kamehameha from Dragon Ball. "Quarter Circle Forward + A" refers to the action required to execute the move.
22.214.171.124 18:29, December 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Feel free to fix it. -452 23:00, December 25, 2012 (UTC)
Player Customization at home in image
- This image: File:Character Customisation Saints Row 2.jpg? That's a promo image. You cannot do this in-game unless you modify the game. -452 00:06, June 25, 2018 (UTC)
Sainta Row 2 Body Sliders
Would it be right to mention that in Saints Row 2, if you pick a gender preset then move the body type slider to either -50 or up to 50 you make your character a transexual body type? I was just wondering because that is something unique to only Saints Row 2. Matt Seay (talk) 05:37, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe. What effect does that have? -452 05:48, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Cool, that's the sort of trivia that definitely worth mentioning. Other than the default underwear, I can't think of where else it might effect the clothing. I'm not sure if any forced costume changes in the game are gender-specific. Maybe the Stilwater Video Repair outfit - but I may just be thinking of Shaundi's outfit being different. I don't think it will have any effect on conversations, because they're all based on which voice is chosen. -452 06:13, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
So apparently for SRIV, they've finally decided to allow character importing. They specifically mention importing your SRTT character, but said nothing about importing your SR1 or SR2 character. So I imagine that what they really mean is: "We didn't really make any changes to character customization, and because of that, the SRTT character can be imported without much effort on our part, but screw you if you want to import your SR2 character". Actually... they probably don't even allow direct imports, they probably just allow you to download characters you've uploaded, and if you don't have an internet connection, too bad. I really hope I'm wrong about this.
How this relates to the article is that I doubt we'll have to make an SRIV column at all, because I'm not expecting much improvement. Maybe some more new hair styles, skin colours, taunts and voices.
I may sound cynical, but I'm used to game propaganda misrepresenting the actual product which they're trying to convince you to buy. -452 03:05, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Cynical, but correct. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f8zi4ZJMto Scott Phillips specifically says "If you've uploaded a character from SRTT, you can download it in SRIV". -452 16:59, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
- I've gone ahead with making a column for SRIV. Now that the Inauguration Station is out, people can fill in the details. Once everything is confirmed to be identical, I'll merge the columns. Apparently there are more hairstyles this time around, which is unfortunate, since there isn't really enough space. -452 16:21, August 7, 2013 (UTC)
References in gallery
While the normal rule is "references may not be removed", it has never been a requirement to add a reference for images.
The references in question were linking to a youtube video - that video has apparently been deleted, meaning that it wasn't an official video in the first place. -452 20:44, October 10, 2017 (UTC)
I can find nothing that says calling an accent "British" is inherently wrong: https://www.google.com/search?q='british+accent'+'english+accent'. It is non-specifically, certainly, but unless a fantastic source explaining why it should be "English" instead, it should stay as "British". -452 23:55, June 24, 2018 (UTC)
- Listing the accent down as "British" can mean three different nationalities; English, Scottish, Welsh. It's a collective. They're all categorized under British. The accent is of an English descent, putting it down as British can lead to confusion. I know British is more commonly used to represent the English nationality, but if we want this to be official, it should go down as English. Hell look here if you want to get the full details: http://projectbritain.com/nationality.htm, because it annoys me whenever people only think of England when speaking about Britain (same way a lot of people only think Chinese, Japanese and Korean when thinking asian). This way of phrasing it, isn't inherently wrong. User:CrinosWolf500 (Chat me up) 19:18, June 30, 2018 (UTC)
- I am well aware of everything you just said. I already read that page last week, but thanks for linking to it. My point stands: it being non-specific does not make it wrong. I am not saying "English" and "British" are the same. But they are 2 perfectly valid ways of describing where the accent is from. Scottish is also a British accent.
- You said: "This way of phrasing it, isn't inherently wrong." Thank you for admitting that, it will stay as it is.
- Incidentally, the term "American" is just as non-specific, as "America" isn't a country. Even if you assume it to mean "USAmerican" then California, New York, Texas still all have very distinct accents which are not described by the term.
- The use of the terms in that section of the page are not intended to tell people the specific location where the accent originated, it's to tell people who have played the game but can't remember which slot had which accent in each game.
- If you would like to add trivia to the trivia section about the specific region of England where the accent used in each game originated, go right ahead. -452 20:45, June 30, 2018 (UTC)
- User:CrinosWolf500 said: ":Listing the accent down as "British" can mean three different nationalities; English, Scottish, Welsh."
- User:126.96.36.199 said: "Listing these accents as "British" could mean that they are either Scottish, English, Welsh or Northern Irish."
Funny how the wording is so similar. 452 17:12, February 14, 2020 (UTC)