This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Piracy article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Piracy article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Piracy article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
piracy game text Edit
Piracy game text:
- "ACT_PIRACY_BOARDING_GOT_OBJECT_MESSAGE": "Hurry to the drop-off point!"
- "ACT_PIRACY_BOARDING_KILL_WITNESSES_MESSAGE": "Kill the remaining witnesses."
- "ACT_PIRACY_BOARDING_ON_BOAT_MESSAGE": "Get to the box."
- "ACT_PIRACY_BOARDING_START_MESSAGE": "Go to the tanker."
- "ACT_PIRACY_DESTROYED_TARGET_TEXT": "(LOC)You destroyed the target boat"
- "ACT_PIRACY_HUD_VEHICLE_DAMAGE_TEXT": "(LOC)Vehicle Damage"
- "ACT_PIRACY_RUMBLE_START_MESSAGE": "Hit more lightcones to spawn more interesting boats. The helicopter will help you out."
- "ACT_PIRACY_START_TIMER_MESSAGE": "You've been noticed! Hurry before time runs out!"
- "ACT_PIRACY_TOTAL_PACKAGES_TEXT": "Remaining packages"
- While it is still not clear what exactly this activity entailed, the fact that it was cut along with Hijacking is pretty good evidence that it involved stealing boats.
- The game text appears to indicate that you boat a tanker, steal boxes and take them back to your boat, instead of stealing the boats themselves, although the "Hit more lightcones to spawn more interesting boats." is interesting. -User452 14:51, March 22, 2011 (UTC)
Some interesting lines from the piracy file itself:
This tells us that once you steal a boat or boxes from a boat, you will be ambushed by police on your way to the drop off point, as well as multiple helicopters
Other sections of the same file seem to indicate that a ship similar to the Brotherhood cargo ship is loaded in various locations, as with the Cargo Ship itself, it is a building, not a vehicle is is loaded. The name of the "map chunk" which is loaded is called "Ship", so it is unlikely that a Yacht is ever a target
As for what you steal:
- <Display_Name>Object to Steal</Display_Name>
All levels are set to "Laptop", but this was probably placeholder text, and would have been replaced with other items had they finished the activity.
- I hope this helps. -User452 14:51, March 22, 2011 (UTC)