This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Nick McGee article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Nick McGee article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Nick McGee article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
I think Nick is supposed to be a pastiche of Charleton Heston. It's been awhile since I've played the first Saint's Row, but I think he mentions some of his movies in radio spots for Friendly Fire.--OvaltinePatrol 08:47, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed, Nick McGee is probably at least partially based on Charlton Heston, who was an actor before becoming the head of the NRA. -User452 00:24, February 26, 2011 (UTC)
Ads featuring Nick McGeeEdit
As Saints Row 1 was not released on PC, I do not have the game files, but
- he was featured on multiple ads for Friendly Fire in Saints Row 1. He mentions that he was in the movies "Fuck the Nazis 1 and Fuck the Nazis 2".
- In Saints Row 2, he is also in ads for Friendly Fire as well as Sloppy Seconds, but is NOT in the Brass Knuckles commercials.
These are the relevant sound files: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9QOW9AFD
- MUS SHARED_00009: Sloppy Seconds
- MUS SHARED_00012: Brass Knuckles
- MUS SHARED_00019: Friendly Fire (about gun control)
- MUS SHARED_00020: Nick McGee - "Safety First, Safety Off" (Friendly Fire is not mentioned in this one, but must be classed as the second FF ad, since all other stores have 2 ads)
- MUS SHARED_00040: Sloppy Seconds
- MUS SHARED_00051: Brass Knuckles
- Listen to 00012, then 00051 and you will see that it is the same person: Jed Burk, the owner of Brass Knuckles.
- -User452 00:24, February 26, 2011 (UTC)
This character article is one of the least justified.
- He doesn't have a physical appearance.
- He doesn't appear in the storyline, either in missions or in cutscenes.
But, since he is on the radio in multiple games for multiple stores he gets a free pass, because there is no other single place to display information about him. -452 (talk) 19:30, March 5, 2014 (UTC)