This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Miami article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Miami article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Miami article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Ultor Miami ImageEdit
Can anyone by any chance post a good quality picture of the Ultor Miami? Thanks. ZDUPH 22:00, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
- If miami appears in ultor variant,Why don´t listed as Ultor vehicle in Ultor article? (unsigned: 126.96.36.199 01:59, March 18, 2012 )
- Because no-one has added it to that article. --user452 01:25, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
Ultor Miami Spawn Edit
Where does the Ultor Miami spawn? I cant find any. (unsigned: 188.8.131.52 1:00, March 31, 2012)
- Ultor use Miamis in Salting_the_Earth...Again, but they are not set as Ultor Variants, so normal Miamis load. This was clearly an programming error, and they should be using Ultor Miamis.
- I checked the notoriety spawn file, and Ultor Miamis never spawn, only Police Miamis (at level 3, 4 and 5). I checked all the other files as well, and it would appear this variant is not available by playing the game normally. --user452 01:25, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
Ref from Miami Vice? Edit
Especially with the tall rectangular spoiler on the back, the boat looks like the one used a lot in Miami Vice, called a cigarette boat. I thought it was a brand name 20 years ago, but turns out according to Wikipedia's entry on 'go fast boats', they're named the same way that rumrunner cars were, for what they smuggled. Looks like it's a Chris Craft Stinger 390 according to The Other Wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Vice#Boats (Wikipedia entry on MV, section boats) http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/miami-vice-boats-stinger-1.jpg (Pic of the actual boat) --Azaram (talk) 02:47, July 30, 2012 (UTC)
- That image definitely looks like the Miami, so I think you're on to something. --452 22:57, July 30, 2012 (UTC)
SR3 Miami Variant Edit
In SRTT there is a Miami variant with a full roof and radar mast. It is at the docks in Camano Place close to the Morning Star Gang Operation. ```` Pugiron (184.108.40.206 17:45, February 9, 2013)
- Thanks! Btw, it's ~~~~ to sign your post, not ````. It's the same keyboard key, but you have to hold down shift.. -452 18:00, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
Piracy Miami in SR3 Edit
There's an all black miami with a spoiler and no railings that spawns northeast of the Image as Designed store in Henry Steel Mills with some other boats. Could this be the piracy version? (unsigned: 220.127.116.11 05:41, 4 June 2013)
- Actually... you may be on to something.
- Although I didn't mention it in the article, the piracy variant is actually mentioned in the game data files for SRTT, because they copy/pasted all of the vehicle data from SR2 (Proving that claims they started from scratch are nonsense)
- The Piracy variant is set to 0% spawn chance, but that doesn't mean they didn't specific for it to appear parked.
- In SR2, it's yellow, but in SR3, it is indeed black. The only question is: is the boat you found always black? It should also have Steel trim.
- What's really interesting is that the piracy variant is still defined as having "Piracy Nodes". I have no idea what they are, but no other boats have them. Next time I play SR3 on PC, I'll add a cheat to add the Miami to my garage and I'll take a screenshot of it. -452 13:36, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Confirmed! I added the piracy variant to my garage using cheats, then drove over and compared it to the parked version - it's a match.
- Thank you very much for pointing that out. When I saw the piracy variant listed in the data files, I just assumed it was unused!
- I'll have to compare it to the SR2 variant now. -452 19:11, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
- It looks nothing like the SR2 variant - interesting. -452 20:44, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
As far as I'm aware, these are only Miami locations
- North of Rondini's dock - 1 Rough
- East of Kinzies - 1 Rough
- Near Henry Steel Wharf - 1 Rough
- West of Loren Square, south tip of Arapice Island - 1 Rough, 1 Average
- East Shore of Henry Steel Mills - 1 Rough, 1 Piracy
- Habour, east of Camano Place - 3 Average, 2 Rough, 1 Ultimate
It's possible there are more, which only spawn sometimes. It doesn't really matter, since we have a spawning location for each variant - does anyone know of any other locations? -452 04:26, June 19, 2013 (UTC)