This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Keith David article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Keith David article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Keith David article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
I hope the game clarifies Keith David's history. The character, not the actor. Well, is the character an actor? Is he playing "himself" or an unrelated guy named Keith David? Did he voice a purple-clad gangsta in a video game before becoming Vice President? How meta are they going? -452 23:51, June 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Who cares? It's motherfuckin' Keith David!
- At the very least I'm expecting some kind of nod towards his voice being similar to Julius'. Maybe The Protagonist and/or Benjamin King will have something to say on him.
- In the "War for Humanity" trailer, someone in the crowd is holding an "I heart -LIATH" sign as he gives a speech; the left side of the sign is cut off, but if it says GOLIATH, then it's got to be referencing David's voicing of the character in Gargoyles. Then again, that in itself could be meta and may not serve as any information on the in-game character. I'm definitely looking forward to finding out; let's just hope he's in the game more than Reynolds was in SR:TT though. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 01:56, June 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, and according the finally-updated saintsrow.com, he is indeed "the award-winning actor Keith David". -452 06:18, June 11, 2013 (UTC)
Article name Edit
According to the gamespot livestream, Keith David's "name" in game is "Vice President", not "Keith David", as we've been led to believe.
I'm not surprised that pre-release info in general has turned out to be wrong, but I am a little surprised that something as simply as Keith David's name has turned out to be wrong. -452 04:25, August 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Odd. Was this during dialogue? The Homies menu calls him "Keith David", according to the Rev3Games livestream (at 1:03:44). – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 11:53, August 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Well in some videos The Protagonist calls him Keith David. When the Zin attack the White House and he is beamed away The Protagonist calls out his name, and while escaping from the Zin after getting out of the simulation The Protagonist says to Kinzie "Wait you saved Keith David before me"? (NathanJohnson (talk) 12:12, August 2, 2013 (UTC))
- Yes, that's why up until now we've just assumed his name was "Keith David", but this is the first time I've seen his name in actual game text.
- If we went by what people called things in dialogue, we'd have to rename Saints Hideout to "The Hotel". ;)
- Hopefully the Chat/Romance text is in the minority, since the Homies menu is different. -452 12:17, August 2, 2013 (UTC)
So, I watched the trailer again, and as it shows in the screenshot in the article (Keith David as "Keith David"). Shaundi is not introduced as ("Shaundi"), therefore Keith David's character name must be ("Keith David"). I've created a redirect for now. -452 15:17, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Keith David as Keith David as "Keith David" as Julius. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 15:24, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
- So what you're saying is: the entire "Zin invade earth" thing is actually part of Gangsta's in Space II.
- Real life Keith David plays an actor named Keith David in SRIV, who plays "Keith David" in Gangsta's in Space 2. And in Gangsta's in Space 2, "Keith David" voiced Julius in a video game? How meta. -452 15:58, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
Mass Effect trivia Edit
I think it should be noted that Keith David also voiced David Anderson in the Mass Effect series, since the games share a likeness in story and a few easter eggs.
Gat out of Hell Edit