This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Hitman article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Hitman article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Hitman article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
- They were intended as two different pages, Hitman is for the activity, Hitman Targets lists the people you must kill during that activity. When I suggested the creation of the Hitman Targets page, I made sure they didn't overlap, and that the Hitman Targets page linked to the Hitman page, so it wasn't seen a duplicate article.
- But you're right, there is no real need to have it as two pages, I'll merge them. -452 11:17, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- I've previewed the combined page, but it is simply far too long, so I think it should stay as two separate pages for now.
- Draft available here, feel free to try to improve it: Hitman/Draft -452 13:07, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- It has been almost 2 months, and there has been no comment or improvement regarding the draft page. It will be deleted in September if there is still no feedback. -452 03:46, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Hmm, I quite like the draft, actually. —Message posted by Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 11:11, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
- I think it's a little on the "too long" side, any suggestions? -452 11:23, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, I know, I'll just put all the targets in a table instead. -452 11:47, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
- I've put the Saints Row 2 targets in a table now, how does that look? It saves a little bit of space, and is useful because you can check for all targets in a certain area. -452 08:45, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Hmm, I quite like the draft, actually. —Message posted by Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 11:11, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
Saints Row: The Third Edit
I've seen the word "Assassinations" being linked, are these related to Hitman? --452 00:40, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Assassination(s) (can't remember if it's pluralised, I'd have to check) is what it's called in-game. It works more or less the same way as Hitman from Saints Row 2 did (go to a location and fulfil a certain condition to draw them out). I don't recall it being called Hitman outside of the Achievement description but again I'd have to check. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 01:36, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm thinking we should split the SR3 section out of the article into Assassinations, with a disambig "for Assassinations in SR3...", what do you think? --452 11:12, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
Game text Edit
- "HITMAN_TARGET_1_1": "Arena - Drive In" "Alvan is a college student who calls himself "The Filipino Slash" and runs an illegal collectible card game ring. Go to the abandoned drive-in theater and drink a couple 40oz's: that should make him feel comfortable enough to come out."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_1_2": "Barrio District" "Brad gave up his lucrative motorcross career to become a street tagger. Throw up a tag in the Barrio to earn his respect and draw him out into the open."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_1_3": "Anywhere" "Anoop "The Indian Hammer" Shekar is a police officer who gives it to criminals as hard as he does to his co-stars in porn films. Get enough cops on you, and Anoop will respond... Here's hoping he's wearing pants."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_1_4": "Anywhere" "Frank used to be a rock star. Emphasis on "used" to be. Late night loot grinding got its hooks into him, and now he drives a cab to make ends meet. Give the cab company a call (555-455-8008) and we'll make sure Frank is the one who shows up."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_1_5": "Anywhere" "Scott's a delivery guy who saw the wrong thing when he was making a delivery. We can't have him talking to anybody. Have some Freckle Bitch's food delivered (555-6328) then take him out."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_1_6": "Suburbs - Technically Legal" "James is a J-Pop star who has a weakness for townie strippers. Go the Suburbs and hit up Technically Legal. If you take up some of his girls' time he's bound to show. Do some Ho-ing to convince him you're for real."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_2_1": "Marina/Museum Districts" "Jeremiah may be a physicist but don't let his look fool you, the guy knows how to race. If you ride a motorcycle around the Marina and Museum districts you're sure to see him. Take him out."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_2_2": "Marina - Poseidon Casino" "Nate was a championship poker player who lost his bankroll to a maniac wine baron from France. I thought he was on tilt, but he took me for some serious money. Play some casino games and you're sure to find him."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_2_3": "Anywhere" "Brian is an EMT who charged me before he would take out a bullet: fuck that guy. Just call up 911 and he'll come as fast as possible to "help" you."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_2_4": "Museum Gift Shop" "Chris is a nihilist I lost 40 grand to in a sentence diagraming contest. He likes to hang out at the Buy Jove gift shop to remind people he's smarter than them. Head there, find him and waste him."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_2_5": "Marina District" "Randy's always had a thing for watercraft. If you go to the Marina district and buy a boat or Wavecraft he'll show up and see what you picked up."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_2_6": "Marina - Heron Hotel" "I just got word that Nick has come to Stilwater to collect on some old debts. He's staying at the Heron Hotel in the Marina district; if you take the elevator to his floor you should have no trouble finding him."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_3_1": "Red Light District" "Everett's a sailor on leave for a few days. Whenever he's on shore Everett's first priority is always to go to Stilwater's Red Light district to get laid. Kill a pimp to get some info on where he's staying then take him out."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_3_2": "Suburbs - cemetery" "Justin is a graverobber who allegedly saw my client dump a body. Head to the Suburbs cemetery between 10pm and 4am to find and bury him."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_3_3": "Arena, Projects Districts" "Chris's a biker who loves to show off for the Ho's in the areas around the Arena, Projects, and Red Light districts. Ride a motorcycle around there and you'll find him."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_3_4": "Anywhere" "Tim is a fireman who mistakenly thinks he's seen my client light 31 different buildings on fire. Call the Fire Department at 555-FIRE and when he shows up we can clear up this misunderstanding."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_3_5": "Factories District" "Mitri likes to hang out underneath the highway exchange in the Factories district. He's paranoid the police are gonna evict him from his cardboard box. Drink some beer around there to let him know you're not a cop and he should show himself."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_3_6": "Anywhere" "Frank is an honest FBI agent and in my line of work that's a problem. If you cause enough trouble Troy will have no choice but to call the feds in."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_4_1": "Trailer Park District" "Shannon is the security guard for the trailer park. Start a fight in the area and someone is bound to call him over to settle the argument."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_4_2": "Stilwater Nuclear District" "Jim's about to blow the whistle on conditions at Stilwater Nuclear. Head to the Nuke Plant island then call the hazmat team at 555-OOPS; you should have no problem taking him out."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_4_3": "Suburbs - Music Store" "Roje loves music and only buys it at the Suburbs Scratch That store. Go there and buy a couple music tracks yourself to blend into the crowd and bring him out."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_4_4": "Downtown District" "An orderly at the Downtown Hospital has been spreading rumors about the Pyramid. To get close to him you'll need to get Smoked and admitted as a patient."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_4_5": "University District" "Clint's a lifetime Skeeters fan and shows up to every game. Go the Stadium on campus and blend into the tailgate crowd by drinking some 40 oz's."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_4_6": "Freckle Bitch's" "Greg is in the witness protection program and working for Company of Gyros as a mascot. Buy one of each item from the Freckle Bitch's menu and he'll show up to try and sell you on some franchise opportunities for Company of Gyros in his mascot outfit. He'll have bodyguards, so watch out."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_5_1": "Barrio - On Track" "Apoop is a metrosexual Indian man with two loves: dancing and club sodas. He hangs out at the nightclubs in the Barrio, but only deigns to dance if the floor is crowded. Wait on the dance floor and he's bound to show up."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_5_2": "Trailer Park District" "Larry is a white trash producer who made his fortune when he made a reality show about his brother Helmers. Blend into the trailer park crowd by wearing a wifebeater T-shirt (Men's Tank Top) and they'll welcome you as one of their own.Larry will most likely be lounging in a lawnchair drinking a beer, waiting for his royalty checks."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_5_3": "Marina - Pirate Ship" "Seabaugh is an eccentric genius who wears a pirate outfit whenever he's seen in public. Despite his ridiculous choice in clothing, he's one of Stilwater's power players. Go to the Marina and stop by the pirate ship restaurant; you'll see him soon enough."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_5_4": "Red Light - Tattoo Parlor" "Mr. Flegel is nothing short of a tattooed war god. He can be found in the Red Light district tattoo parlor but he will only show up to criticize your choice in tattoos after you get one."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_5_5": "Anywhere" "In some ways Lt. Freeball and I are kindred spirits. I hate poor people and he hates pants. Regardless, he's a disgusting individual and the nephew of my executive producer so he needs to go. If you stir up enough trouble I'm sure the exhibitionist will show up."
- "HITMAN_TARGET_5_6": "Underground Caverns" "When he's not sniffing coke off of prostitutes Russell dabbles in archeological studies. Pay him a visit in the Underground Caverns."
- -452 22:27, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
Potential Pokémon Shoutout?Edit
I'm not sure if it's worth nothing on this page, but I've noticed a good few similarities between James in SR2 to James, one of the villains, from the Pokémon anime:
Both have similar physical appearances, such as silver shoulder-length hair and clothing that consists of red and white.
Both are of Japanese origin (Pokémon originates from Japan and Kanto, Jame's home region, is based on mainland Japan, while James from SR2 is a J-POP star).
James is found in Technically Legal, a strip club - There's several moments in the Pokémon anime where James makes several double entendres/innuendos ("Getting Crap Past The Radar", as TVTropes calls it) and one particularly infamous "banned episode" where James crossdresses in a beach competition.
Normally I'd just pass it off as coincidence, but knowing how reference overdosed the series is, I would say that it's a very obvious shout out. (I also think Russell is a reference to Indiana Jones, but I haven't watched the series to actually know anything about it) Spiky Eared Pichu (talk) 19:36, May 9, 2019 (UTC)
Unlike in SR2, there isn't a set location, because SR1 hitman targets literally are just randomly spawning peds, who can spawn anywhere those characters are defined to spawn. Volition just chose 1 "most likely" location to show in-game. For example, Chris the mailman: There is a 50% chance between whitePostMan and hitmanvar spawning. Any black mailman is Chris, and hotdog mascot is Bucky, and they do not stop spawning after being killed. Chris will never ever spawn on foot, because mailmen never do.
This makes perfect sense, because that's exactly how Chop Shop works.
In light of this, I will be adding a list of all spawn locations for all characters. 452 18:24, November 16, 2019 (UTC)