This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Gentlemen of The Row article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Gentlemen of The Row article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Gentlemen of The Row article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Fan creations Edit
- This page is about a fan-created modification, not an official game or addon.
- It is part advertisement, part installation guide. The article at least requires rewriting to make it less like this.
- This wiki is about the Saints Row series itself, not fan creations.
- Pages regarding fan-made concepts have always been deleted in the past.
- There has never been any argument given to support the inclusion of fan creations on this wiki.
I have been continuing the policy of past admins to disallow inclusion of fan creations, and fan-created unofficial concepts, but I welcome discuss about this.
Wikia should not be used as a place to advertise fan creations, or fan-run websites. This is a global wikia policy, and not a Saints Row Wiki rule, and is not up for debate. The level of advertising in this article should be minimised.
The article contains installation instructions and a menu guide - these do not belong here.
I am also against the inclusion of screenshots of modifications because it causes confusion for users, most people uploading images do not bother to add a description to the image page, so a user viewing the image page will assume it is an in-game image. Also, in a google image search, a user will see that the image comes from the Saints Row Wiki, and assume it is an official game image.
-User452 03:00, August 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I see your point. I guess I didn't see it when I was editing it. Feel free to delete it, I was just trying out something new :p (unsigned: TrueCoppa 13:43, August 15, 2011)
- Why you don't creat a page about Modification and just want to delete all about modify item(refer GTA Modifications) 18.104.22.168 14:17, August 15, 2011 (UTC)
- While I haven't had any stability problems with SR2 vanilla on PC, I have seen a ton of people complaining that they need to install GotR just to be able to play. and I don't mean back in 2011. The game apparently is still incredibly finnicky with some system configurations. While I understand the intent behind a ban on fan created and unnofficial content, in this case I think it defeats the general purpose of a game wiki, that being to provide users with information that can improve their game experience. The people behind GotR have neither the time nor the resources to separate the stability patches from the various mods, which renders a fair amount of the SR2 content on this wiki irrelivant to many PC players. I'd be capable of contributing to an article on the changes/additions to SR2 that comprise GotR, and editing my contributions and those of other users to avoid "advertising" GotR, but I'm not going to bother if some admin will just delete it all again. That said, I'm not sure there's a way to mention the stability improvements without making it sound like an advertisement for the mods.
- additionally, the "the" in the title should not be captalized. so...yea.
- oh, and why does the search give 1,500 results if you search "gentlemen of the row" with quotes? none of the top results have that phrase. Idk if there's a way to fix that, but I feel it's not entirely off topic.
- (Astrocom (talk) 04:54, March 13, 2014 (UTC))