This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Genkibowl VII article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Genkibowl VII article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Genkibowl VII article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
DLC on disk Edit
DLC is present in the store-bought version of the game. The "Bloody Cannoness" and "Nyte Blayde" vehicles are DLC vehicles which are present in the unpatched store-bought version of the game. Unfortunately, it's not easy to tell map segments apart, so it will difficult to prove that the Genkibowl VII island is present, until all map images have been extracted --452 22:31, January 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Update: The 3 major DLC packs are not on the disc. The filesize that is downloaded is the easiest way to tell. Cheapyd is also on the disc, but is activated by this DLC, as well as Viewer Pack The First, which allows compatibility users who own Genkibowl VII. --452 04:11, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
The PSN store warns you NOT to purchase the DLC in the PSN Store if you have a Season Pass because if you do it will charge you regardless. Despite this, the game's in-game store doesn't work at all (for me at least), so getting the DLC from PSN (which is marked as free if you have the season pass) is your only option. It WILL NOT charge you. General Geers 05:45, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
Right so, I have the Season Pass, it's available in the store, giving the same message. But it's not listed in the in game store. Do I have to play a waiting game here? 220.127.116.11 11:38, January 21, 2012 (UTC) DragonGuard666
As long as it's marked as "Free" you should be ok. General Geers 05:31, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
- I forgot I asked this. Confirmed through data files, but I would appreciate confirmation from someone with this DLC please. --452 04:11, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
Missions or Activities?Edit
Are the activities in this DLC in the format of activities or missions? Which do they start like, which do they end like, which do they count towards in the stats? --452 04:11, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Examination of the data files has not proved anything conclusive - they are named as missions, but listed in the activity file. --452 07:13, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
Are these activity icons displayed on the map? ? or are they missions which are started through the cellphone?--452 22:50, May 14, 2012 (UTC)
- They start as missions; in the phone under missions is one from Tammy for 'Apocalypse Genki'. You get a message that as the leader of the Saints, you've been chosen for Genkibowl 7'. (The voice and subtitles both say '7') Will add more as I find it.
- (edit) Ok, first step is a big SERC, with the usual mascots, traps and targets, with the addition of a Shark Attack target that makes a shark come out of the water (or possibly it's just warning you there's a shark in the water. The sign fell over instead of breaking when shot, and I stayed out of the water). It's also multi-leveled and rather confusing. Finished the first part, got the Angry Tiger mask. The greyed out icon on the map is the Angry Tiger one as above, . It unlocked another, with the same icon. Another SERC in the jungle, starting with only punches available; first present is a shotgun that seems to set them on fire, and got Angry Tiger as a homie. (prr. BTW, being boolitproof (/heavy) is good; you end up with minigun brutes up on a high place in the center, and they take forever to kill with the shotgun) Then another entry in the phone for Tammy for 'Super Ethichal PR Opportunit' (probably ends in Y but is too narrow for the phone view). That one is in the Genkimobile, that looks like a pink and white Batmobile. You pick up the Professor and drive around killing pedestrians and following orders, much like the 'escort' missions. Running over pedestrians recharges the flamethrowers that fire in front and to either side, and you have to avoid the 'overzealous fans', highlighted in red like the PETA vans from the tiger escort missions. He commands you (in no particular order) to do 750 points of damage with the car, to kill the lesser mascots (random mascots in Knoxvilles) and to roast 5 people with the flamethrowers (Fortuitously, the ground level streets are packed with pedestrians). Once the pleasure meter is filled, you are commanded to take him to his appearance at Leather and Lace, where he gets out of the car and dances for a moment before the mission ends. You are NOT able to go into a Rim Jobs to repair the car during the mission, but it is pretty durable. It's marked on the map with a icon.
- The next mission offered by Tammy in the phone is Sexy Kitten Yarngasm. It's basically a Tank Mayhem with a giant ball of yarn, although unlike a normal tank, the nitrous bonus works on Yarnie. Once you crush all of the marked enemies, the mission ends. I got the Verminator vehicle in my garage at that point. The activity is marked with a icon. The second one gives you the Sexy Kitten mask, Sexy Kitten as a homie, three new Sexy Kitten vehicles in your garage (A Criminal, a Solar and a Kayak, in Genki pink and black livery with his logo on it, and on the spare tire of the Kayak, 'Genkibowl VII'), and Yarnie Delivery.
- After the first Yarngasm, Tammy offers another Super Ethical PR Opportunity. (Heh. "Remember, don't look him in the eye unless you want to wake up in a North Korean prison camp!") After this second PR op, you get the Genkimobile for your garage.
- Then comes the Sad Panda Skyblazing as another mission from Tammy. Semi-precision freefalling; the panda suit keeps you up in the air longer, but at least for me, it was very hard to navigate. The balloon heads of Angry Tiger and Sad Panda give you extra lift, to get into the rings again when you've fallen too low. Got all but a few of the rings, then ran out of time on the first rooftop. You're armed with a Woodsman, (although it doesn't seem to have the special animations mentioned on its page, for starting up and killing someone on the ground, probably due to the time limits) and a load of mascots to filet. Before time runs out, you hop into the Genki Manapult and are launched into the next set of rings. Each ring earns you 100$, and killing mascots earns random amounts. You need to gather 10,000$ worth of cash from them. Angry Tiger balloons are slightly under the line of the rings to toss you back up if you get a little low, and Sad Panda bloons are farther down, but if you get down far enough that you need one of those, you're probably boned anyway,
I keep missing it, by 1,200$ or so this last time. :P This is being a huge pain...
- I'll clean this up once I'm done with it for posting, unless someone else wants to first. --Azaram (talk) 14:03, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Excellent. Since the grayed out icon appears on the map after the mission, it means its an activity just like all the mission activities in the main game. Thanks a bunch!
- All that info is definitely helpful, feel free to add detailed descriptions to each individual genkibowl activity article :) --452 23:14, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, confirmed for myself, indeed they are activities. However, unlike in the main storyline, where it is possible to do mission-critical activities out of order by visiting the marker, the activity markers for genkibowl activities do not appear until after they have been completed. -452 08:30, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
The last trivia entry states that in the Closing Ceremony the Protagonist uses a distorted Female 1 voice. I just played through it, and it sounds more to me like a distorted Male 1 and distorted Female 1 overlayed. I can hear both Troy Baker and Laura Bailey in there. -CptObvious1994 (talk) 08:45, January 19, 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks, I will try to find the audio and add it to the article. 452 11:44, January 19, 2020 (UTC)
- I agree: 452 22:13, January 20, 2020 (UTC)