This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Geiger Counter article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Geiger Counter article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Geiger Counter article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Bug with Geiger CounterEdit
I posted on the main page saying that it is invisible, I don't know if its suppose to do this but this is how it is for me. (unsigned: 188.8.131.52 15:14, January 18, 2011)
- Cheers, apparently the model is only loaded during the mission. -452 12:59, October 12, 2013 (UTC)
In the past, I've successfully gotten Pimps to pick up the Dual Samurai Swords - someone should get them to pick up the Geiger Counter as well, and get some screenshots. Since it's not possible for The Protagonist to even swing it, it should be interesting to find out whether NPCs can. -452 12:59, October 12, 2013 (UTC)
- I've tested and here are the results:
- Outside Waste Not Want Not: Geiger Counter simply disappears while switching to another weapon laying on the ground. It may happen because Geiger Counter model doesn't load outside the mission.
- During the Waste Not Want Not: since this is the only known mission where Geiger Counter's model is loaded, it's possible to make Geiger Counter to be laying on the ground, but since it's not possible to swap the Geiger Counter without visiting Weapons Cache, do the following:
- Go to Friendly Fire and "buy" Geiger Counter as mission says
- Go to Weapons Cache and switch to another weapon and then to the Geiger Counter
- Exit store
- From now on it's possible to swap GC with any other melee weapon. But when I called Pimps by phone, he didn't pick up GC. Shooting the pimp also didn't make him to pick up GC.
- TheMoonLightman (talk) 22:56, October 12, 2013 (UTC)
- I did not need the obtaining instructions explained to me. 452 13:36, January 30, 2020 (UTC)
- I've been unable to get Pimps to pick it up.
- After editing the game files to give it to an NPC and make them attack me, they punch with it as if they are unarmed.
- 452 13:36, January 30, 2020 (UTC)