This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Garage article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Garage article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Garage article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Garage limit Edit
I'm playing Saints Row 2, and my garage is "full".
My statistics page says "unique vehicles owned 84". It also says "20 of 42 cars unlocked.", leaving 64 normal vehicles.
The garage page previously said that the garage count doesn't count custom vehicles, but that does not appear to be true.
Perhaps the garage limit increases as the game progresses? I'm only 40% through the game. Unless it's one car space added for each mission, so I guess I'll go do a few more missions and report back.
Does anyone have any thoughts?
User452 02:46, February 3, 2011 (UTC)
- http://community.saintsrow.com/forums/topic/37697 According to this, you can only have 64 unique cars, by name, in your garage. With custom cars and duplicates not counting towards this total.
- Some places state that the garage being full can stop unlocked cars from appearing in your garage, so I'm unsure whether or not custom cars do count towards the total or not.
- I'm going to experiment with filling the garage full of duplicates cars and see if a 160 limit exists, and whether the 64 car limit prevent unlocking custom cars.
- User452 08:50, February 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Experiment done. Conclusions:
- Duplicate cars are counted in the total. Adding 64 cop cars will fill your garage.
- If you never put any cars in your garage, and unlock all the cars earned through missions, your garage will be empty, and you will be able to add 64 other cars.
- So, while the unlocked Ethel and Septic Avenger are modifiable the same way that street versions are, they are still special in that they do not add towards your total.
- I do not yet know if unlocked cars are still added to your garage if it is "full" at the time.
- User452 10:19, February 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I know for certain now that unlocked cars ARE still added to your garage when it is "full" of normal cars.
- This is obvious, when you consider that unlocked cars just aren't counted, but that hasn't stopped people spreading the rumour that unlocked cars will be lost if your garage is full.
- User452 12:29, February 3, 2011 (UTC)
- The statistic "number of unique vehicles owned" is simply the number of cars in your garage and will count 64 cop cars as 64 "unique vehicles". Without hacks, no-one will ever have more than 106 unique vehicles owned. -User452 23:30, February 26, 2011 (UTC)
Saints Row: The Third Edit
So, been doing some pseudo-experiments during gameplay in SR3 to try to determine garage limit; keep running into issues. Initially, my land-vehicle garage seemed to fill at 74. 14 of this total were undeletable (ie, they had been unlocked during missions). I'd deleted some vehicles, though, in case I wanted to add more, and in the meantime, determined my watercraft garage fills at 4 (including the 3 undeletable boats included when you buy the garage), my heliport fills at 10 (5 undeletable, though the Condor VTOL does seem to be deletable, despite the fact I believe it is unlocked following "My Name is Cyrus Temple"), and my airplane hangar fills at 4 (including the three undeletable planes included with the crib).
Following the assassination mission targeting the mechanic, which requires you use the Rim Jobs to lure him out, my garage indicated it was full. After deleting the vehicle I'd customized for that mission, however, it still said it was full, and the vehicle count totaled only 71 (down from the previous 74). I can't seem to understand what lowered it, unless all the garages collectively also have an upper limit of 104, as deleting more vehicles from subsequently still allows me to add more.
- The 64 vehicle limit in Saint Row and Saints Row 2 is collective, so it would make sense that the limit in SR:TT is collective also, but i have not yet researched this. --user452 06:46, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, I forgot to update this. After WGTNG, I sat outside the crib and jacked and stored cars. The limit is 64, which as far as I'm concerned is all we need to know: limits are the same, and the total is collective, unlockables are not counted. Just like in the previous games. --452 01:27, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
I put somewhere around 7 cars in the first garage and now it's not letting me take any out or put any in, the icon doesn't show up anymore? (Unsigned: 126.96.36.199 21:21, November 17, 2012)
- That sounds unrelated. Save your game and reload? --user452 23:11, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
Someone added something about the Skipper not being able to be stored in one of the Docks, I can't find which article it was added to, but I wanted to add a note here to confirm that the Skipper can be stored in all 3 Docks, even though it is a tight fit at the Suburbs Dock. --user452 22:52, February 22, 2012 (UTC)