This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Easter Eggs article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Easter Eggs article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Easter Eggs article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
- I don't think random Easter Eggs merit dedicated articles
- This is already listed on Secret Areas
- This article contains much speculation, and once the speculation is removed, there is nothing in this article which isn't already said on Secret Areas
- The title does not match the title format of this wiki
That said, I was thinking yesterday that it may be worth having a catch-all Easter Eggs article. --452 05:27, July 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm converting this article to a catch-all "Easter Eggs" article. --452 02:16, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Merge Cabbit? Probably not, as that article is pretty long. --452 02:24, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
This was originally in Category:Locations, as the article was about an easter egg location, but I'm unsure whether that is the best category. I've re-categorised for now, but Category:Gameplay isn't supposed to contain articles, so I'm still unsure. Ideas? -452 08:01, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
There are many, many references to various developers, and historically those references have just been listed on the related article, and on the credits pages. Should they stay on the credits pages, or be moved to this article? -452 07:26, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
- The answer is in the question. This page is not for "references", it is for Easter Eggs. References to developers therefore belong in the credits pages, and in articles, as they currently are. -452 07:46, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
I've used level 1 headings for game titles, but as level 1 headings are bold only without a horizontal rule, I've used the heading template to make the heading a lot more visible. This is the first time I've used this style of heading in articles, so I'd like to get some feedback on how it looks. It's not really appropriate for most articles, but for articles using level 1 headings to split the article into distinct sections, I think it works. -452 07:58, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm just going to assume that everyone is happy with it -452 19:46, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
Lopez Mansion secret room Edit
The secret room in the Lopez Mansion is particularly interesting, as it doesn't appear on the mini-map. How many other closed doors can be opened by explosions and no-one ever noticed? -452 20:23, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah there could be more who knows there could be a 100 or simply the Lopez oneEl Ieuan (talk) 21:37, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, so we definitely need to test them all to make sure. -452 20:43, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
Vehicle locations Edit
The article isn't supposed to be for anything which could be part of another article, although there are some exceptions. It's certainly worth noting secret rooms, even if there is an article for the building.
Weapon locations get a little grayer, since that info is easily put on weapons pages, and anyone looking for that weapon can find the info there.
But, since the Tiny Pistol and Dildo Bat are both in places that people are unlikely to find them unless they're actually looking, it's probably worth mentioning them here. The K6 Krukov spawn in SR1 isn't the only place to get the weapon, but it's the only time a weapon can be found spawning in the open in Saints Row, so it fits with the 2 SR4 weapons.
Vehicle locations, on the other hard, aren't really Easter Eggs. There's a Salem and a Void parked on top of Towers, which is unusual, but since Towers are part of City Takeover anyway, everyone should come across them through playing the game, so they do not belong on this page.
There may be an exception for vehicles which are rare, but not unlockable, and not normally found through simply playing the game. -452 13:51, August 28, 2013 (UTC)
Misc sections Edit
I have added "misc" headings to each game as a catch-all list of minor Easter Eggs which have no other appropriate page, such as notable joke building names which appear in multiple locations. -452 18:24, October 3, 2015 (UTC)
Secret Stash tests Edit
I've confirmed the Secret Stash easter egg and have a screenshot I will upload later. Currently testing various elements.
- Cracking the safe before midnight does nothing. Cracking the Safe at 1:49am still unlocked it.
- It is possible to enter the store before midnight, but the safe must be cracked after midnight.
- It is possible to load a game where the pimp cane cheat has already been enabled.
- Getting smoked retained the effects.
- Saving and loading does not retain the effects.
- The easter egg can be enabled after saving and loading without restarting the console.
- When loading a new game and completing Canonized, the Wheel Woman unlock had the text from the Secret Stash easter egg.
- The Pimp Cane must be actively equipped, not just currently in the inventory.
- Any door can be used.
- It's possible to start Theft before midnight, and complete it after midnight.
- It's possible to enter the store while it is open, and stay until midnight.
- Try different stores.
- Find a store with the same pattern.
- Try each hour after midnight to see when it stops working.
- Not working for me after 2am. So between 12am and 2am?
- I just had an unsuccessful attempt at 1:55am. But I've previously had success at 1:49am.
- This is weird. I have tried putting off entering the store until 1:30am, and have tried entering at midnight and waiting, and still no success after 1:30am. There must be some variable that I'm not considering that enabled it to be done at 1:49am previously. It shouldn't be that the cheat has to be entered within an hour of hacking, but I will test this later.
-452 16:57, April 11, 2017 (UTC) (last edited 18:06, April 11, 2017 (UTC))