This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Driving Stunts article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Driving Stunts article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Driving Stunts article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Why this is a single page Edit
- I don't believe that there is enough individual information about each of these Driving Stunts to warrant them each being on separate pages. Since Vehicle Surfing has specific unlockables, and is slightly different than the rest of the Driving Stunts, there is more information about about it and it has an article for itself.
- See also: Combat Tricks which is a combined page for the same reason, although Gang Kills also has an unlockable, there is very little that can be said about it other than that, so it does not have an article.
- If more information is added to this page about each Stunt and there is more than a whole screen of information about that particular Stunt, then it may need to be split.
- Creating new articles should not happen until it is worth having an article, as Quality is better than Quantity :) -452 02:00, April 17, 2011 (UTC)
A user has reported that the Oncoming Lane stars were awarded to him after approx 30 seconds without leaving the lane. I'm leaving a note here that this needs to be verified before adding it to the article. I will probably do it myself, but if anyone else wants to experiment, feel free! -452 13:42, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm on the PC version of SR3, so no stars, but it does take some time to start counting the distance when you're in the 'wrong' lane. Haven't watched the time specifically, but 30 seconds may be right. --Azaram (talk) 15:12, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
- I've noticed myself that there seems to be a delay before counting many of the diversions, but when the counter does appear, it doesn't start at 0, so even though there's a lg before displaying, it's still counting in the background.
- In both SR2 and SRTT, as long as you're moving, the diversion keeps going, but some intersections are glitchy and register as leaving the lane. I don't think there any anything to the original claim. In both games, I spent most of the time in the wrong lane in both games, since they drive on the left in my country. --452 01:35, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
How does one get ejected from a car? I've run head on into various vehicles at top plus nitro speeds in everything from an Attrazione to a concrete truck, and it seems to be random if it happens. Found a spot where there was an unbreakable railing with a long straightaway, so I got all wound up, zoom, nitrous and...yo brakes.
Should you shoot the windshield out first? Should you NOT shoot it? (ie, do you need a windshield to cannon through). The most common way I've gotten it to work has been to plow into a building... which means you get 'the length of the hood'.. --Azaram (talk) 16:08, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
- My findings have been mostly the same as yours in that it seems to be random. At least, I haven't found a reliable way.
- I've found that using nitrous tends to prevent windshield cannon from happening.
- I don't think shooting out the windshield has any effect
- Pressing the brakes an instance before the impact seems to help a little.
- Using a open topped vehicle may or may not help
- Using a vehicle with a more vertical windshield seems to help. (Although I know it is possible to use an Attrazione, I believe the low slanted windshield makes ejecting less likely.)
- Head on collisions with another vehicle seem to help more than ramming stationery objects
- All of these points are for both SR2 and SRTT. I eventually completed the Challenge in SRTT, so I probably won't be doing further experimenting until I start a new game. -452 20:55, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
- I see I'm a little late chiming in, but if this is regarding the SR:TT Challenge, I found Insurance Fraud helped massively. Outside of the Activity, I could not find a consistent method for the windshield cannon. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 20:50, September 20, 2012 (UTC)
- I've been thinking about this a little, and I think when running info various vehicles, it would definitely be better to run into cars with greater mass and grip/friction. So, starting out with a car with low mass and friction would probably be a good idea. Just now, driving a Vortex and running into Ambulances, one time I went under it, and the next I did a windshield cannon, so it's still pretty random. -452 (talk) 21:32, January 6, 2015 (UTC)
I have passed 3 gold stars in Oncoming lane, Near Miss and Big air in one time but i didnt received the Bandit. is because i used a Free game trial by downloading Saints Row 2 using Romania PSN Account or because i used cheats? Fan de river plate 22:47, June 20, 2016 (UTC) (unsigned: Alansanchez412 - 2016-06-20 22:47:18)
- I haven't tested this scenario myself, but as I recall, using cheats freezes your Statistics, which may make unlocks based on Statistics impossible.
- Please sign your name with something resembling your username,
or at the very leastand a link to your actual username.
- As your question is about playing the game, not improving the article, it belongs on the forum, not a talk page. -452 22:52, June 20, 2016 (UTC) (updating regarding signature requirements 23:29, June 20, 2016 (UTC))