This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Chop Shop article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Chop Shop article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Chop Shop article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
incorrect unlock data Edit
The Kent is unlocked for doing the 2nd list, not the 3rd. The "Chop Shop" customization item is unlocked on the 3rd, not the 5th. 452 16:30, February 5, 2011 (UTC)
- What is a Chop Shop customization item? The article states '
3 lists: "Chop Shop" customization item (unknown)'. I got no notification of any reward after completing the 3rd list:
- Screenshot of notification after 3 lists complete
- Screenshot of notification after 4 lists complete
- --N00bKing (talk) 03:46, July 3, 2019 (UTC)
- Forum:Chop Shop Customization Item
- 452 03:53, July 3, 2019 (UTC)
Miguel is the name of "The Wheel Man", I've confirmed that information in the strings file for SR1. The problem is... that's not where the information on the wiki came from. The name was first added to the wiki by User:Sfroggy1 on 2008-05-28 on a page he created called Characters met during "Activities", which I renamed to Minor Characters in 2011, before splitting the information, added the name to the Chop Shop page on 2011-08-30, deleting the page in 2011-10-27.
While it's not out of the question that Sfroggy1 also extracted the strings file, Miguel was the only not-spoken-in-game name Sfroggy1, and he got another name completely wrong, so it seems doubtful he had access to the strings file himself.
I just checked in-game, and Miguel's name isn't on the building. Perhaps a random civilian mentioned Miguel and a wheelchair and Sfroggy1 put 2 and 2 together, but other than that, it seems so bizarre that the correct information was here years before any of the other unknown SR1 character names were added.
If there is an in-game source for the name, it needs to be added to the article. -452 05:14, January 27, 2018 (UTC)
Oh, the information most likely came from the long-defunct https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Saints_Row The wayback machine only goes back to 2008-07-14, but the information then was the same as it was years later. This is also where the old incorrect Los Carnales nicknames originally came from. Apparently there was a lot of copyright infringement of Wikipedia back in the day. -452 05:37, January 27, 2018 (UTC)