This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the Burt Reynolds article.
- Comments and questions about improving the Burt Reynolds article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the Burt Reynolds article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Mayor Reynolds a Saint?
I was just wondering if anyone noticed if Burt Reynolds joined the 3rd Street Saints. My reasons for this conclusion: 1. When meeting with Reynolds he mentions that he wants in on the Saints as they are the new players, while it doesn't mean that he wants in on the gang specificly it was my first point. 2. After completing his request he may become a homie, however if you spare the zombie virus he doesn't. 3. The Three Way mission reveals Kia holding several saints hostage along with mayor Reynolds. This didn't make sence to me as there would be no reason for the mayor to be at the landmark. And finally 4. The Protagonist clearly is a fan of Burt Reynolds and it wouldn't be too unlikely for them not to let Reynolds join the gang. These are just my observations and i wonder if others had similiar thoughts. Alphahelo 03:40, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, as you said he can become a Homie, but aside from that there's no real evidence to suggest he becomes a Saint. We can only speculate. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 15:42, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
- This is nothing to confirm any of this, just hints and what ever you make of it but like you said Reynolds mentions that he wants in on the Saints saying they are the new players wich would make you beleive he like to be involved, and for the fact he becomes your homie its like an unofficial factor of him joining, but he does where purple, and he knows Kinzie from when she was still FBI wich could have been top dog at some point, going by the convo he choose over them or at least her, he knew Zimo's who was top Pimp, and he worked with Phillipe Loren who ran the Syndicate although its not clear how, only having dinner is confirmed but going by what Oleg says to Reynolds I can only make me assume he is the reason Oleg got caught by Loren, that alone should point out Reynolds is capible of being a Saint let alone the Bosses love for him im sure he could get in a heartbeat. Besides your 3. is a very valid especially since Kia was targeting the Saints and Saints alone, Reynolds has no purpose to be there unless he becames a Saint or at least supported them enough to be consider one. - User:Nolan North 09:54, October 19, 2013
What are the details of Burt Reynolds affiliation with Loren? Specifically, is Reynolds affiliated with Loren during the game itself, or is it something that happened before the game? --user452 01:14, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- No. It must be from Homie conversations, as you don't even meet Reynolds until long after Loren is dead. – Moozipan Cheese(talk page) 20:20, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Excellent, thanks. Since we have no idea where it comes from, I'm going to remove Loren from the "Affiliations" list, to be re-added whenever someone says where it is from. --user452 20:35, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- The only related Homie conversation is that he apparently he had dinner with Loren once. But that hardly means they're affiliated. --user452 01:51, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Thats incorrect, the conversation says do you remember the "FIRST" dinner you had with Phillipe. That can only insinuate that they had multiple dinners, in which in business like the two of them are involved with alot dinner is where they have meeting, I cant confirm this but the conversations suggest he knows both Viola and Kiki wich makes since they would be with Loren, but Oleg is also angry at Reynolds and they make the comment of the coldwar and settling things, which the assumption that Reynold could have played a hand in Loren capturing Oleg can be made as well. - User:Nolan North 10:07 October 19, 2013
- Moozipan Cheese's statement is accurate: You do not meet Reynolds until after Loren is dead.
- Any sentence which starts with "I cant confirm this, but" is speculation, and does not belong on this wiki. -452 15:13, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
Not dying for legal reasons
In Volition's Free Range AI presentation, they mention that Burt Reynolds was not allowed to die as a Homie, for legal reasons. So, the first thing I did was start the game, recruit him and shoot him with an RPG. He soft-died, as a homie I could revive him. So I revived him, dismissed him, and shot him again. He is currently dead in a pool of expanding blood.
I sure hope Burt's lawyers don't find out.
Has anyone ever had him die from enemy fire? -452 02:40, February 22, 2015 (UTC)
- They also mentioned that they set him as invulnerable, but I checked the data files (searched all for Mayor, Burt and Reynolds), and I don't see anywhere that says he's supposed to be. He has 18000 hitpoints, that's more than Oleg, but less than Zombie Gat, and certainly not the same as being set as invulnerable. -452 03:46, February 22, 2015 (UTC)