This is a talk page, used for discussing improvements to the AR-50 XMAC article.
- Comments and questions about improving the AR-50 XMAC article. are always welcome here.
- For general discussion and questions about playing the game, please use the forum.
- You do not need to ask for permission to edit the AR-50 XMAC article, go for it!
- If there is an existing discussion about proposed changes, please contribute to that discussion.
- If you have something to add to a past discussion, feel free to reply!
- It doesn't matter how much time has passed since the last comment.
- See Category:Active Discussions for a list of other topics which need responses.
Game difficultly Edit
Two anon users have added that the weapon can be obtained from Masako soldiers by increasing difficultly level and getting high Notoriety:
As for me, this information is false, as I've increased difficultly level to Hard and have been fighting Masako in Saint's Row District and none of them dropped AR-50; the only weapons they dropped were Tombstone, SKR-9 Threat and AR-40 Xtnd.
Do they have AR-50's in patched (up-to-date) game? If this information appears to be false, it will be removed.
- I'm searching the game files to see when it appears - perhaps they use them in Revelation.
- Nope, not in Revelation, although it is given to the player. The Masako ARE set to use it in Corporate Warfare, and 8 Masako use it in ... and a Better Life - so try playing that one. As far as I can tell, difficulty level is irrelevant, and they should be the Masako who appear when the Tornado does.
- It looks like they're also used in Rounds Square Shopping Center (Stronghold).
- BTW, the only other time they're used by enemies is Rest in Peace (by Shogo) and Bonding Experience. -452 (talk) 06:47, January 8, 2014 (UTC)
- That second link seems pretty explicit that the Masako will use it at high notoriety, but I'm just not seeing that reflected in the game files. The Masako only use Tombstone and AR-40 Xtnd - maybe they got confused between AR-40 and AR-50. -452 (talk) 07:02, January 8, 2014 (UTC)
- You get AR-50 w/Grenade Launcher in "Revelation", I don't remember getting normal AR-50 there.
- Speaking about "... and a Better Life": none of Masako soldiers use AR-50.
- About "Rounds Square Shopping Center" - yes, some of Ultor Security Guards (not Masako) use AR-50's (the group near Leather & Lace and 1 guard on the bottom floor).
- About Corporate Warfare missions: as far as I remember, it's given to the player in "Traffic Control". I'm not sure if someone uses it in "Corporate Meltdown", because I didn't watch walkthrough for a long time.
- Masako also use SKR-9 Threat.
- They use it at high notoriety and in missions. It appears to be one of the weapons they use, along with Tombstone and AR-40.