|Stacking the Deck|
Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- Aside from macho bullshit, I haven't heard much. The only interesting news I got is that a shipment of high performance cars is coming in today. It's not much, I know, so we're gonna make the best of it. Jack the truck carrying the cars before it makes its delivery and take it to Samson. He'll load up the cars with a few surprises, then finish the delivery. Now get outta here before someone sees us.
In the first mission of the Westside Rollerz story arc, Lin meets The Protagonist in secrecy outside the Ultor Dome in the Arena District. She explains that she hasn't found too much information on the gang, aside from a delivery of high-performance vehicles arriving today. She asks The Protagonist to steal the Peterliner carrying the vehicles and deliver them to Samson, who loads them up with "a few surprises" before finishing the delivery.
The Protagonist obliges; stealing the Peterliner and delivering all the vehicles to a garage in the Saint's Row District, all while avoiding hostile Westside Rollerz gang members, and is paid $500 cash for helping.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the mission, it is available in-game on the 'Story' page, accessed from the 'INFO' tab of the pause menu.
- That's the truck. Looks like there's an escort.
The only minor challenge in this mission is the escort, which consists of one Westside Rollerz vehicle accompanying the Peterliner. Killing the escort is not necessary.
- Do enough damage to the truck and it will pull over.
- — On-screen message
The easiest method to hijack the Peterliner is to drive in front of it and shoot the driver through the windscreen.
- Get in the truck.
Once the driver is dead the vehicle pulls over and can be entered.
- Drive the truck to the garage.
After successfully hijacking the Peterliner, Westside Rollerz Notoriety increases to level 3, and it must be driven to a marker on the exit of the freeway at Mission Beach in the Saint's Row District.
Upon delivery of the vehicle, $500 is awarded.
- Main article: Newscasts
- Jack Armstrong: "I'm Jack Armstrong. It's not safe to be a truck these days. More and more 18 wheelers are becoming the targets of successful hijacking attempts. Stilwater police are warning shipping companies and the drivers' unions to be extra vigilant when traversing both the highways and surface streets in town. Cartage insurance rates have risen recently when shipping through Stilwater. Yet another black eye for a city under siege. From the newsroom, I'm Jack Armstrong."
- This is the first of two missions where Lin smokes, the other being "Guardian Angel".
- Donnie is mentioned for the first time in this mission, although he does not appear until the mission "Guardian Angel".
- A tuner named Ricky Liu is mentioned in this mission, although he never appears in game, and is never mentioned again.
- Lin's uses her unique Voxel for the first time in this mission.
- The GPS route on the Map usually reveals the quickest route to an objective; but once the truck has been has hijacked, the GPS routes via the freeway.
- All three vehicles the Peterliner is carrying can be destroyed (most easily achieved using either an RPG Launcher or Platinum RPG) without any penalty, despite the fact that the vehicles are integral to Lin's plan.
- It is possible for the escort accompanying the truck to kill themselves if they drive into it.
- Hey, this is Lin. Meet me at the arena parking lot, we gotta start making a move against the Rollerz.
- — Lin, before starting the mission.
"Just a Girl" cutsceneEdit
- Westside Rollerz gang member #1: "That's a sweet ride Lin."
Lin: "Uh huh."
Westside Rollerz gang member #2: "Who tuned it for ya?"
Lin: "No one, I did it myself."
Westside Rollerz gang member #1: "The spoiler looks like Donnie's work."
Westside Rollerz gang member #2: "No way, that underglow screams Ricky Liu."
Westside Rollerz gang member #1: "Yeah, I guess it does."
Lin: "What is this, fuckin' third grade?"
Westside Rollerz gang member #1: "Whaddya mean?"
Lin: "Forget it, I'll see ya tomorrow."The Westside Rollerz walk awayWestside Rollerz gang member #2: "Dude, she totally wants you."
Lin: "Assholes."The Protagonist approaches LinLin: "I swear to God, we're not going to be able to kill these bastards fast enough."
Lin: "Aside from macho bullshit, I haven't heard much. The only interesting news I got is that a shipment of high performance cars is coming in today. It's not much, I know, so we're gonna make the best of it. Jack the truck carrying the cars before it makes its delivery and take it to Samson. He'll load up the cars with a few surprises, then finish the delivery. Now get outta here before someone sees us."
- — "Just a Girl" cutscene
Check the Mission to-do list for ways to improve Mission articles.