Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- Ultor arena holds bloodbath
- — Ultor Times newspaper headline
With Maero having lost so much to the 3rd Street Saints, he calls Playa for a final showdown at the Ultor Dome. Playa shows up, eager to finish The Brotherhood, but it quickly transpires that Maero has not come alone.
Playa defends against the onslaught of desperate gang members and guns them all down. Maero attempts to run Playa over in his Atlasbreaker monster truck but is stopped. As Maero struggles to climb out of the wreckage of his vehicle, Playa hits him a few times and, aiming a gun at his head, executes him.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
The mission takes place in a small arena.
- Kill Maero
Although there is only one objective to this mission, Maero avoids Playa until most of The Brotherhood members are killed, circling the sunken perimeter of the arena in his Atlasbreaker.
At the beginning of the mission, Playa is behind a slab of concrete, out of view of The Brotherhood. There are several RPG Launchers located around the center of the arena.
In addition to Maero in his Atlasbreaker, there are three Compensators, two Legions, two Alaskans, and a Swindle. The Brotherhood members can be killed by destroying the vehicles with RPGs, or by shooting the drivers, which forces the passengers to leave the vehicle.
After most of the enemies are killed, Maero becomes more aggressive and attempts to run over Playa.
- Cash: $50,000
- Respect: None
- Achievement: Brother's Keeper (40)
- Neighborhood: Little Shanghai
- Vehicle: Maero's Monster Truck
- Vehicles: Brotherhood vehicles (Swindle, Legion, Alaskan, Compensator)
- Player Customization: Brotherhood Personality
- Homie: Pierce
- This mission takes place inside the Ultor Dome, which is used as the location for the Demolition Derby Activity in Saints Row.
- This is the only time Maero drives his Atlasbreaker outside of a cutscene; he used it during the second cutscene of "Bank Error in Your Favor", "Proportional Response", where he accidentally killed his girlfriend Jessica.
- Maero's death is reminiscent of Warren Williams' death at the hands of Tanya Winters in Saints Row; both are defeated in their vehicles and both are executed outside the wreckage of their vehicles.
- Maero doesn't wear his shirt in this mission during cutscenes but he wears it during gameplay.
- There is no alternate dialogue for Playa's voices in this mission.
- Fratricide is the act of killing one's own brother or sister. The cutscene title likely plays on Maero's gang name, "Brotherhood", similarly to how "Regicide" (meaning "the act of killing a king or a queen") refers to the events surrounding the fall of the Vice Kings in the context of the series.
- Get your ass to the Ultor dome...this ends now.
- — Maero
"Honor Among Thieves" cutsceneEdit
- Maero: "I didn't think you'd show..."
Playa: "I'm surprised you have the balls to come alone..."
Maero: "I never said I'd be alone..."
Playa: "That's...not good."
- — "Honor Among Thieves" cutscene
- You don't have a chance in hell...
- — Maero, labelled "Attack"
- Maero survives from his burning monster truck upside-down, Playa walks up to Maero and then kicks him in the stomach and stomps on his right arm.Outrage Protagonist gives Maero an angry look and then slaps him in the face with his gun. Playa place the foot on Maero's neck and points the gun at himPlaya: "Any last words?"
Maero: "Go to hell."Playa shoots Maero in the head with gunshot.Playa: "Sorry, didn't catch that."
- — "Fratricide" cutscene
- ↑ Note: When all gang arcs are completed.
- ↑ Cutscene: Honor Among Thieves
- ↑ Cutscene: Fratricide
- ↑ Mission: For King and Country