- See Saints Row Wiki:Policy for other policies and guidelines.
Why was an article deleted?
See Index for a list of all current articles, and see below for more details.
Some other wikis like to artificially increase their article count by creating separate small articles for every single concept.
This wiki is focused on quality, not quantity. Everything should be mentioned, but not everything needs a dedicated article.
Redirects should be created for all valid game concepts.
The classic example used on this wiki is "Sports Rims" - they are available in the game, have a UI icon, and can be added to many vehicles, but we do not need a dedicated article about "Sports Rims". Information about them belongs in the Vehicle Customization article.
- In general, use common sense, and see Index for existing articles if in doubt.
- Everything in the game is worth mentioning, but not everything needs a dedicated article.
- Anything that is true should be added, preferably with proof.
The threshold for a subject having a dedicated article is:
- Linked from at least 2 pages. See Special:WantedPages for pages which should be created.
- Link a subject from as many pages as possible before creating an article.
- If a subject can only be linked from one article, it is likely that it should be merged.
- If nothing is known about the subject but the name, it is likely that it should be merged.
- Widely available, often used, frequently mentioned, or featured in a mission.
- If a subject is only mentioned once in the game, it is likely that it does not need a dedicated article.
- See #Subjects for more information.
- A unique subject
There are slightly different notability requirements depending on the type of subject. The validity of a subject having a dedicated article does not mean the article creation instructions can be ignored.
- Missions, Activities, Diversion
All Missions, Activities and Diversions get dedicated articles.
- Renamed Activities and Diversions are redirected to the original name.
All individual vehicles get dedicated articles. Most vehicles have multiple Variants, but Variants do not get dedicated articles.
- Variant names, and alternate names used in unlock text should redirect to the vehicle page.
- Variants with different names are redirected to the base vehicle. Example: City Waste Truck.
- Reskinned vehicles are redirected to the base vehicle. Example: Saints VTOL.
All weapons get dedicated articles, but this requires the item in question to be defined as a weapon in the game itself. Non-weapon objects get listed in a section of "Weapons in Saints Row X" articles.
- Renamed Weapons are redirected to the original name.
- Radio Stations
Each Radio Station gets a dedicated article. DJs do not get dedicated articles unless they are also storyline characters.
- Ultor FM does not get a dedicated article, because the playlist does not change.
- Veteran Child has a dedicate article due to being a storyline character, but details about DJ work belongs on the radio station page.
Characters get a dedicated article if they appear in a mission, or at multiple times during the games.
- A character who only appears in one cutscene and nowhere else does not get a dedicated article.
- For example, Billy is only featured in one cutscene, while Samson is featured in multiple cutscenes and games.
All enterable buildings get dedicated articles.
- Mission-only locations do not automatically get dedicated articles, although there can be exceptions if there is sufficient information about them.
- Buildings which are not enterable should not have articles. Non-enterable buildings should be listed in the article about that neighbourhood.
- Districts and Neighborhoods
All Districts and Neighborhoods get dedicated articles.
- If the District only contains one neighborhood, then there is a 100% overlap and the District name is redirected to the Neighborhood page.
DLC packs get dedicated articles.
- If the DLC only contains one item, then there is no need for a separate page.
- Example: Gamestop Weapon Contest redirects to Warped Weapon.
- Customization Items
Customization Items are listed on Customization Items, and there has been no need to create dedicated articles for any Customization Item so far.
- Screenshots of each item should be added to that page.
Achievements do not generally get dedicated articles, unless there is a lot of information about that achievement.
- User Interface
Individual User Interface and Control subjects generally get dedicated articles. In general, information should be added to related pages first, and split into dedicated articles after passing "at least one screen full of information".
- Renamed User Interface elements are redirected to the original name.
Some Miscellaneous subjects exist which do not fit into any of the about categories, but which have sufficient information to warrant a dedicated article. These are evaluated on a case-by-case basis using the general notability guidelines.
- If a valid subject does not yet have an article, the name should first be linked.
- If the subject does not require a dedicated article, a redirect may be created to a related subject.
- If the subject is only related to the current article, the link may be removed, but should be kept if there is a chance it may be split in future.
- If a subject has alternate names, redirects should be created using those names. This helps return meaningful search results.
- Alternate names should only be linked in the appropriate context. If alternate redirects are abused, they should be deleted to ensure the correct links are used.
- Mispellings and incorrect names do not require redirects, unless they are used in the game.
- There is no benefit in short articles which cannot be expanded.
- Stub pages which cannot be expanded should be considered for merging.
- Nothing should ever be deleted - merge valid information into related articles.
- See Special:Shortpages for the shortest articles on the wiki.
- If the information in a section of an article grows to the point where it is over a single screen in length and needs it's own page, start a talk page discussion proposing it be split.
- Sections are only eligible to be split if the sections themselves are linked from multiple articles.
- Sections which are linked from other articles should already use redirects, see Saints Row Wiki:Redirects for more information.
When to createEdit
Users with fewer than 100 edits to articles should generally concentrate on editing existing articles.
- Pages should generally only be created from Special:WantedPages. If there are no links, then it is likely that a dedicated article is not needed.
- All articles should be linked from at least 2 other pages.
- If the article cannot be linked from 2 pages, then it should be added as a section in an existing article.
- Articles about real life subjects, such as voice actors, weapons, and vehicles game are not required. Real life counterparts should be mentioned in trivia sections with a link, preferably to wikipedia.
How to createEdit
When creating new articles, always follow the on-screen instructions, and use the default layout, which is linked on the edit page when creating a new article.
New pages should follow the look of similar existing pages, in most cases this just means using the standard new article layout. Creating empty articles, or articles with just one line is not very helpful.
Due to high vandalism, unregistered users cannot create new articles, but they can edit existing articles and leave comments on talk pages requesting that the article be created.