|Saints Row 2|
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Saints Row 2 is a game in the Saints Row series.
Five years have passed since your former Saints crew betrayed you. As you awake from a coma for the first time since that fateful day, you find the Stilwater you once ruled is in disarray. Unfamiliar gangs have laid claim to your territory, rival factions have taken over your rackets, and cash-hungry corporations have laid waste to your once proud 3rd Street home. Abandoned and left scarred with an unrecognizable face, you seek out a plastic surgeon to begin your new life on the streets of Stilwater.
Respect can only be earned in Stilwater, and that requires a lifestyle that reflects your unique personality. Your crib, your crew, and your character define who you are on the streets and how you are perceived. The image you portray is as important as the decisions you make in a city ruled by false bravado and impulsive behavior. The only constant is the need for an identity that reflects your individuality and is backed up by your 12 gauge.
Style and image can only take you so far in a world where actions speak louder than words. Sometimes sending a message to your enemies requires heavy lifting, like that of a rival gang member into oncoming traffic. Respect in Stilwater needs to be taken, and what better way than to grab it from the hands of a gang full of enemies by means of a satchel charge.
The fight to reclaim Stilwater does not have to be waged alone. The Saints once ruled these streets as a crew of brothers, and their return to the top can help be secured through co-operative alliances. The time has finally come to seek revenge against your rivals to reestablish your crew as the rightful kings of Stilwater.
- Reclaim Your Turf: Rebuild the Saints and seek revenge against rivals to reestablish your crew as the rightful kings of Stilwater.
- Make Your Mark: Customize your crib, recruit your gang, and set your swagger using countless combinations of character configuration.
- Demand Your Respect: Protect yourself with human shields, throw rivals into oncoming traffic and zero-in your nut-shot using all-new Fine Aim controls.
- Jack Your Ride: Build your empire with private jets, speedboats, and helicopters or strafe the hood of your rival's monster truck from the comfort of your fighter plane.
- Own Your Hood: Discover both the familiar and strange in a revitalized Stilwater as you taunt, mug and streak your way through the city.
- Grab Your Piece: Send a message to your enemies using an arsenal of rocket launchers, shock-paddles, stun-guns, and satchel-charges.
- Online: Complete the campaign in two-player co-op, or multiply the mayhem with online open-world gameplay.
Saints Row 2 is more cartoonish than Saints Row, though the cutscenes and story are darker.
After the explosion of Alderman Richard Hughes private yacht in Saints Row, Playa falls into a coma for five years, and is kept in intensive care at Stilwater Penitentiary, receiving extensive plastic surgery due to burns suffered in the explosion. During this time, the 3rd Street Saints disband, and their legacy is soon forgotten. With Julius missing and the Saints gone, a power vacuum in Stilwater allowed three new gangs to take over: The Brotherhood, Sons of Samedi, and The Ronin
Upon awakening, Playa breaks out of prison with fellow inmate Carlos Mendoza. After Playa learns of the Saints' dissolution, Carlos advises Playa to keep his head down and learn as much about Stilwater as he can. While visiting Tee'N'Ay, Playa learns of Johnny Gat's arrest and trial on the news, and rescues him from his trial. Deciding to resurrect the Saints, Gat helps find a new hideout, and Playa, as leader of the Saints, sets to work recruiting new members, including Carlos, Pierce, and Shaundi. The reborn Saints soon formulate a plan to re-claim the city of Stilwater from three new gangs that have taken over in their absence.
Maero, the leader of The Brotherhood, initially offers to make a truce with the Saints, offering them a deal of 20-80. Playa, offended by the offer, starts a gang war. He first kidnaps Donnie and forces him to blow up several of the Brotherhood's trucks and he also replaces Maero's tattoo ink with nuclear waste, disfiguring him. In retaliation, Carlos is kidnapped and dragged through the street, tied to the back of a truck. By the time Playa rescues him, Carlos is gravely injured and Playa is unable to free him from his chains and kills him. The Saints then kidnap Maero's girlfriend, Jessica, and puts her in the trunk of a car in a monster truck arena. Maero, not knowing his girlfriend was in the car, rides over her in his truck, crushing the car and his girlfriend. After exiting the truck, Playa hands him the keys to the trunk and walks away. Much of the Brotherhood is then arrested in a police crackdown. Maero threatens Dane Vogel, the Ultor executive handling the company's business in Stilwater, to release his imprisoned allies, only for Playa to kill them before they reach Stilwater's streets. Vogel then attempts to seize the weapon shipment from the Brotherhood, only for the Saints to snatch it from both of them. Now heavily armed, the Saints destroy the Brotherhood's dockside headquarters and Playa kills Maero in a demolition derby.
To eliminate the Sons of Samedi, a group of Haitian drugs dealers, Playa works with Shaundi to take over the trade of their trademark designer drug Loa Dust, killing the Samedi's dealers and destroying their drug-manufacturing infrastructure. Shaundi's ex-boyfriend and now a Samedi enforcer, DJ Veteran Child, kidnaps her, but she is rescued by Playa after he shoots his way through his nightclub and kills Veteran Child. Afterwards, a limousine belonging to The General, Samedi's leader, pulls up and kidnaps Playa. Drugged and forced into the vehicle, The General explains to Playa how much he is displeased with The Saints taking over his business and territory. The General almost kills him but Playa manages to escape from the limo in time. After destroying an inbound shipment of Loa Dust Playa sets out to kill the Samedi's leadership. First, Playa kills the gang's voodoo-using second-in-command, Mr. Sunshine, at his hideout. Then, after Shaundi hacks Stilwater's CCTV system, Playa ambushes the convoy with the gang's leader, The General, and kills him in a car chase in an inside Rounds Square Shopping Center.
Playa, with Johnny Gat and Pierce, attacks the Ronin by robbing a casino they and the Ultor Corporation share ownership in. Incensed by this, Kazuo Akuji, the father of the Ronin's leader Shogo Akuji, travels to Stilwater himself to take control of the situation. Shogo attempts to recover the stolen cash by having his second-in-command, Jyunichi, kidnap Gat's girlfriend Aisha; this ends with Aisha dead and Gat incapacitated after being stabbed by Jyunichi. Playa subsequently kills Jyunichi in revenge. By the time Gat recovers, Kazuo Akuji has broken the Ronin's connections with Ultor; Vogel reacts by giving the Saints the location of the Ronin's headquarters, which Playa and Gat destroy. Disgraced, Shogo attacks the Saints during Aisha's funeral, and Johnny avenges her death by killing all the Ronin present and buries Shogo alive. Kazuo continues to attack the Saints, including Mr. Wong, and is killed in a duel with Playa during Stilwater's Chinese Heritage Festival.
As the Saints take over Stilwater, they find themselves in an unexpected conflict with the Ultor Corporation, who seek to eradicate the gang in order to further their own goals for Stilwater. Formerly a company which produced clothes and household brand products, Ultor has used its immense funds to drastically reshape both itself and the Saint's Row District within the last few years. In the process, Ultor became a major, powerhouse corporation with its own private army, and they extended their power, reach, and influence into almost every aspect of Stilwater society, including the Stilwater Police Department and Masako teams. Ultor sends the latter directly after Playa, Shaundi, Pierce, and Gat. While Gat is able to take care of himself, Playa is forced to fight off a Masako team and rescue Pierce and Shaundi before they are killed. Angered, Playa destroys The Pyramid, an underground research complex owned by Ultor. Under pressure from Ultor's board of directors as the company is targeted by the Saints, Vogel leaks the location of the board to Playa: a party on a boat not far from the Saints Row district. Not caring where the information came from, Playa eliminates the board. Looking on at the destruction caused by Playa, Vogel congratulates himself by telling his assistant to move his things to his new office, knowing he is about to be promoted. Vogel's victory is short lived, however. During his speech outside of the Saints Row Church, Gat trains a sniper rifle on Vogel, with Playa nearby. A security guard catches Gat, however, and Playa is forced to chase after Vogel, who escapes to the Phillips Building . Using the Tornado attack helicopter, Playa brings down the building's security, and enters Vogel's office. After hearing Vogel plea for his life, Playa kills the company chairman and CEO with a bullet to the head, which also sends him falling from the top of the tower to the helpless police officers below, leaving no one to challenge the Saints' control over Stilwater.
3 Title Updates have been released on Xbox 360, and equivalent patches on PS3, as well as 1 for PC.
- Saints Row 2 patch 1.20 General Updates, March 2009
- Correcting the co-op mission completion and Achievement issues.
• Implemented protection against disc read errors. May reduce or eliminate crashes experienced by some users.
- Players will no longer be able to change the "Friendly Fire" setting during the Cat & Mouse diversion.
- Players will no longer be able to access the weapon radial menu during the Demolition Derby activity, including all Special Derbies.
- Correcting an issue with scripted attack helicopters not firing missiles during missions.
- Added in code support for upcoming DLC. (Players will not notice anything different for this)
- Multiplayer updates by Saints Row 2 1.20 patch update
- Pipe Bombs will be removed from the default MP weapon loadout when a game begins.
- The default time / score limit for Team Gangsta Brawl will change from "5 min / 25 kills" to "10 min / 50 kills".
- A 5 second period of invincibility will be applied to respawning players. Once an invulnerable player performs an attack, the effect will be removed. Invulnerability will be displayed by a special health bar indicator.
Two DLC packages are downloadable via PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace. The first, Ultor Exposed, introduces a new homie, 3 new missions, and new vehicles. The second, Corporate Warfare, introduces 3 new missions, most on fan request, and new vehicles.
There are 33 pieces of Downloadable Content on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
- 18 Avatar Items (All released 2010-04-22)
- Saints Row 2 Hat - 80 points
- Saints Tee - 80 points
- Sons of Samedi Tee - 80 points
- Ronin Tee - 80 points
- Brotherhood Tee - 80 points
- Ultor Tee - 80 points
- Flashy Hat - 160 points
- Flashy Cane - 240 points
- Flashy Suit Outfit - 320 points
- Hotdog Suit Outfit - 400 points
- Ultor Exposed - Released: 2009-04-23- Size: 161.90 MB - 800 points.
- Disgruntled Ultor microbiologist Tera Patrick holds the key to the corporation's illicit research activities and revenue generating schemes. Help Tera dismantle the Ultor Corporation by exposing the megacorp's seedy operations to the citizens of Stilwater. Battle through three all new co-op enabled missions. Commandeer new air and ground vehicles including attack aircraft and luxury sports cars. Customize your character with new hairstyles, law enforcement uniforms, and all new clothes. Own the streets in new Strong Arm and Gangsta Brawl multiplayer maps. These are your Saints and this is your city like you've never seen it before… fully exposed!
- There is a civil war brewing within the Ultor Corporation. Dex, Ultor's newly appointed Head of Security, is running a black market nuclear weapons operation aided by Ultor management. Meanwhile, a defected Ultor executive offers the Saints a chance to bring the entire operation down. Take revenge in style with new transportation options for aircraft, exotic cars, and superbikes. Redefine your character with all new customization options including brand new outfits and facial bandanas to change your identity. Take the battle to the streets with brand new Strong Arm and Gangsta Brawl multiplayer maps or challenge your friends in an all new Co-Op competitive mode. Now it's time to put a permanent end to Ultor's corruption.
- Pimp out your personality with over 60 brand new customization items including Unkut watches, necklaces, bracelets, T-shirts, tank tops, hoodies, and camisoles. Change it up with a preppy polo, or dress it down with some jeans at Sloppy Seconds. Ink-up your character with 16 all new tattoo options.
|Trick My Life||Trick My Life is a show in an E3 2008 trailer of the same name, advertising the limitless customization in the Saints Row 2. On the show is a character named "Randy the Tranny", a transvestite and also a group of homeless people transformed into respectable members of the 3rd Street Saints. Randy the Tranny is described as a lazy piece of trash who has no chance of running the city. He undergoes surgery, which transforms him into a respectable drag queen.|
|Brotherhood||2008-12-04||Trailer about The Brotherhood.
Free on Xbox Live Marketplace.
|Co-Op||2008-12-06||Trailer about Co-op.
Free on Xbox Live Marketplace.
|Customization||2008-12-06||Trailer about Customization.
Free on Xbox Live Marketplace.
|Ronin||2008-12-06||Trailer about The Ronin.
Free on Xbox Live Marketplace.
|Celebrities||2008-12-06||Free on Xbox Live Marketplace.|
|Sons of Samedi||Trailer about the Sons of Samedi.|
|Story||Trailer about the Saints Row 2 storyline.|
|Launch||Saints Row 2 Launch trailer.|
|Activities||Trailer about Activities in Saints Row 2.|
|Ultor||Trailer about Ultor.|
|The Unkut Pack: Uncle Gary - A Laughing Matter||2009-06-23||Uncle Gary displays his humorous side in the latest video for The Unkut Pack DLC.
Free on Xbox Live Marketplace
|Corporate Warfare Developer Diary||2009-07-02||Volition developers and producers take a behind the scenes look at the Corporate Warfare DLC and showcase the various gameplay elements requested by the Saints Row 2 fan community.
Free on Xbox Live Marketplace
|Uncle Gary - The Women of DLC||2009-07-16||Uncle Gary shows us the wild women of Saints Row 2 DLC.
Free on Xbox Live Marketplace
- In Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie, released in 2012, features a scene with Roy playing Saints Row 2. Tim & Eric also created a Genki trailer for Saints Row: The Third in 2011.
- This is the final game to be set in Stilwater or have the gangsta theme. Future titles in the series radically changed their original premise and target audience.
- This is the first title in the series to be released for Windows and Playstation, as Saints Row wasn't released on either platform.
- On 2014-05-31, the Gamespy servers were shut down, breaking official online multiplayer and co-op on PC and PS3. Volition have not issued a patch to address this. The PC and PS3 versions can be played online through Tunneling software.
- A port of the game was planned for the Sony PSP. This port was eventually reworked into its own game, under the title of Saints Row Undercover and was eventually cancelled due to quality issues.
- The PC port for Saints Row 2 was not worked on by Volition, but by CD Projekt's localization branch. Only 12 of Volition's QAs worked on the port. They were aware of all the bugs, however the developers did not fix them even after two released patches (the second being Steam-exclusive).
- ↑ Mission: Saints and Martyrs
- ↑ Website: Saints Row 2: Official Site
- ↑ Cutscene: The Great Escape
- ↑ Mission: Jailbreak
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Cutscene: Catching Up
- ↑ Cutscene: Check, Please
- ↑ Mission: Appointed Defender
- ↑ Mission: Down Payment
- ↑ Mission: Three Kings
- ↑ Cutscene: Welcome to the Third Street Saints
- ↑ Cutscene: Welcome to the Brotherhood
- ↑ Mission: Reunion Tour
- ↑ Mission: Waste Not Want Not
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Mission: Red Asphalt
- ↑ Mission: Bank Error in Your Favor
- ↑ Mission: Retribution
- ↑ Mission: Jail Bait
- ↑ Mission: The Enemy of my Enemy
- ↑ Mission: The Siege
- ↑ Mission: Showdown
- ↑ Mission: Got Dust, Will Travel
- ↑ Mission: Veteran Child (Mission)
- ↑ Cutscene: Clam Baking
- ↑ Mission: Bonding Experience
- ↑ Mission: Eternal Sunshine
- ↑ Mission: Assault on Precinct 31
- ↑ Mission: The Shopping Maul
- ↑ Mission: Saint's Seven
- ↑ Cutscene: Family Ties
- ↑ Cutscene: House Party
- ↑ Mission: Kanto Connection
- ↑ Cutscene: Changing the Deal
- ↑ Cutscene: Ultor Makes a House Call
- ↑ Mission: Room Service
- ↑ Mission: Rest in Peace
- ↑ Mission: One Man's Junk...
- ↑ Cutscene: An Amazing Quarter
- ↑ Mission: Picking a Fight
- ↑ Mission: Pyramid Scheme
- ↑ Cutscene: 2nd Times A Charm
- ↑ Cutscene: Dane's Triumph
- ↑ Cutscene: A Brighter Future...
- ↑ Cutscene: End Game
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Saints Row 2 Hat
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Saints Tee
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Sons of Samedi Tee
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Ronin Tee
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Brotherhood Tee
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Ultor Tee
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Flashy Hat
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Flashy Cane
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Flashy Suit Outfit
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Hotdog Suit Outfit
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Picture Pack
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Theme
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Premium Theme
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Ultor Exposed
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: Corporate Warfare
- ↑ Xbox Marketplace: The Unkut Pack
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row 2 Trick My Life E3 2008 trailer
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row 2 Brotherhood trailer
- ↑ Xbox marketplace: Brotherhood Gang Trailer
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row 2 Co-Op trailer
- ↑ Xbox marketplace: Co-Op Trailer
- ↑ Xbox marketplace: Customization Trailer
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row 2 Ronin trailer
- ↑ Xbox marketplace: Ronin Gang Trailer
- ↑ Xbox marketplace: Celebrities Trailer
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row 2 Sons of Samedi trailer
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row 2 Story trailer
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row 2 Launch trailer
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row 2 Activities trailer
- ↑ YouTube: Saints Row 2 Ultor trailer
- ↑ Xbox marketplace: Xbox marketplace
- ↑ Xbox marketplace: Corporate Warfare Developer Diary Trailer
- ↑ Xbox marketplace: Uncle Gary The Women of DLC Trailer
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ Volition: Saints Row 2 and The Up-Coming Gamespy Shutdown
- ↑ YouTube: Inside Volition: Saints Row Undercover
- ↑ Twitch: 10 years of Saints Row stream: Day 2