Saints Row is an announced film based on the Saints Row series.
OverviewEditOn February 24th 2009, it was reported that rapper 50 Cent expressed his intentions on making a movie based on the Saints Row franchise. While in a conference call promoting his new game 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, he stated:
- With my relationship with THQ, they'll actually see me develop Saint's[sic] Row into an actual screenplay and into a film project. I'm optioning the rights for that right now, so they'll see that before they see me do it from my own perspective for my game.
- — 50 Cent
A year later, on June 16th 2010, it was further reported that Danny Bilson, THQ's executive vice president of core games, had said the publisher intended to do a Saints Row film. He went on to say that he hoped that "it [would] launch on the same day as the third Saints Row game", and that a "major filmmaker" will be involved.
Saints Row: The Third was released during November 2011, although nothing has been mentioned of the movie since Danny Bilson's conference call with GameSpot in 2010.
A Saints Row film was announced to be in pre-production in April 2019, with production by Fenix Studios, Koch Media and Occupant Entertainment. F. Gary Gray is currently set to direct the film with a screenplay written by Greg Russo.
- ↑ Gamespot: 50 Cent developing Saints Row movie
- ↑ Kotaku: 50 Cent Optioning Saint's(sic) Row Rights For Possible Movie
- ↑ Eurogamer: Saints Row film to launch with next game
- ↑ Deadline: F. Gary Gray Developing To Direct Movie Based On Video Game Franchise 'Saints Row' For Fenix, Koch, Occupant