Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
Pierce meets The Protagonist and Johnny Gat at the Saints Hideout and presents his complicated plan to heist Poseidon's Palace, which is owned by The Ronin. However, Gat and The Protagonist decide it would be easier to simply "walk into the casino [and] just shoot all the motherfuckers that are between [them] and the money".
After killing several of The Ronin, and blowing open the safe and getting the money, the duo escape in a Mule and head back to Aisha's house, where they plan to clean the money. At a hotel, The Ronin's leader, Shogo Akuji, assures his second-in-command, Jyunichi, that his father won't find out about the casino and that there is no need to worry.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
- Head to the casino
- Take out the Ronin
- HUD: Guards Killed X/15
Kill the fifteen Ronin gang members already standing guard inside.
- Guard Gat while he rigs the doors with explosives
After the last of them has been killed, Gat heads to the back of the ground floor to plant explosives on the safes' doors; the player must protect him as he does so. Enemies constantly spawn from the sides of the casino as Gat plants the explosives and shoot at both Gat and the player. It is much easier to stay on the same floor to protect Gat and use the cover of the slot machines and columns, rather than heading upstairs, as there is little protection above.
Once Gat is finished, quickly put some distance between The Protagonist and the safes before the explosives detonate, as they have a fairly large explosive radius.
- Get the loot back to Aisha's house
A Mule then pulls up outside, and the player must to drive it back to Aisha's house with one unit of Ronin Notoriety and two units of police Notoriety. After Suburbs District is reached, the player gets 2 units of Ronin Notoriety instead of one. Aisha's house is only a short distance away and the drive should not pose any significant difficulties.
- Cash: $1,000
- Respect: None
- Neighborhood: Centennial Beach
- Mission: Laundry Day
- Stronghold: Suburbs Strip Club
- Main article: Newscasts
- Jane Valderamma: "It was the god Posideon[sic] who watched over sailors setting forth from Greece, ensuring their safety. Sadly, the Grecian diety was unable to extend this same protection to his Texas Hold 'Em tables. While details remain sketchy at best, early reports have said Troy Bradshaw is handling the investigation personally. More on this daring robbery as the story unfolds. I'm Jane Valderamma, channel 6 news."
- This mission is named after the films Ocean's Eleven, Ocean's Twelve and Ocean's Thirteen, where the main characters pull off complicated heists using eleven, twelve and thirteen people in their scheme. There are not seven people involved in this mission.
- When Pierce is going through his complicated plan with The Protagonist and Johnny Gat, he has four figures which are based on himself, Gat, a security guard, and The Protagonist. Unlike the other figures, however, The Protagonist's piece is a simple pawn chess piece, most likely due to The Protagonist having a customizable appearance.
- There is one unit of Ronin Notoriety given after the start of the mission which starts to decay after a while.
- It is not possible to open the Mule's rear doors. Even if the truck is destroyed, its doors do not fall off.
- The original overly complicated plan is very similar to the casino heist in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and is possibly meant to parody it.
"Keeping It Simple" cutsceneEdit
- The Protagonist: "eh..."
The Protagonist: "What's up with the doll house?"
Pierce: "Doll house my ass, this is how we gonna fuck up the Ronin."
The Protagonist: "This'll be good..."
Pierce: "Trust me, it is."
Pierce: "The Ronin have a stake in Poseidon's Palace, so I figure hitting their biggest money maker is a good way to show 'em we not fuckin' around."
The Protagonist: "OK, so what's the plan?"
Pierce: "You and I enter the casino here...once inside we need to distract this security guard, I was thinking you could catch me cheating, or some shit like that. Anyway, while the guard's concerned with throwing me out, Gat'll sneak in through this security door...don't worry, I already got today's passcode from the blackjack dealer Shaundi's fucking. Now, once inside, Gat'll have to sneak past the guards to cut the power....when that happens we only have about 45 seconds before the backup generator turns on. During the blackout, though-"
Johnny Gat: "Hold up man...I mean, I love the dream house you built here and everything. But what if we just start here...walk into the casino, and just shoot all the motherfuckers that are between us and the money?"
Pierce: "Well, ya know-"
The Protagonist: "It would be a lot faster..."
Johnny Gat: "And a lot more fun."
Pierce: "Yeah, but..."
The Protagonist: "Fuck it, let's go...good call Johnny."
- — "Keeping It Simple" cutscene
- Johnny Gat: "You're gonna love what I've got planned for the Ronin."Johnny Gat: "A kid named Shogo Akuji. Now he probably spends more time on his hair than he does on his bike, but it doesn't change the fact that he's totally ruthless."The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Who's in charge of the Ronin?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "Who's callin' the shots?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "We know who's running the Ronin?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "Do we know who's in charge?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "You know who's running the gang?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "So who do I gotta take out?"Johnny Gat: "Pierce is pickin' up some of the other Saints and meeting us there...I figure we can get the party started without 'em."The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "I'm gonna have fun with that kid... Hey, where's Pierce?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "Good to know. Hey I thought Pierce was commin' along, where is he?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "Jesus, how many pretty boy tuners do I have to kill? Oh well, what's the deal with Pierce?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "I hate him already. So is Pierce takin' his own car?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "If he spends more time getting ready than I do, he deserves to get shot. Hey, where's Pierce, I thought he was coming..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "Well this'll be fun...hey, isn't Pierce coming?"
- — At the start of the mission
- Well they called the cops...big surprise there...
- — Johnny Gat, after completing the heist
- Johnny Gat: "Yeah, but before we start buying new cars we better clean this money."The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Well that went pretty well..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "Pretty big score..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "Johnny, we just made a lot of money..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "Man, robbin' casino's is easy money..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "The Saints made some serious bank today..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "We made some serious cash..."Johnny Gat: "Don't worry about it, I'll take it to Eesh's."The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "We gotta find a place to hide the cash before we can worry about cleaning it..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "Yeah, stashing a ton of money with a bunch of criminals seems like a smart idea. We gotta find a place to hide it..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "If we don't find a place to stash the money we won't even have to worry about cleaning it..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "We take that money to the hideout and someone is gonna walk off with it before we get a chance to clean it..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "Agreed, but we can't just keep it lying around the hideout, that's just asking for trouble..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "We need to find someone we trust to keep the money..."Johnny Gat: "Yeah, she'll be fine."The Protagonist (Male Voice 1): "Really? I didn't think she'd be down for that..."
The Protagonist (Male Voice 2): "You sure she's cool with that?"
The Protagonist (Male Voice 3): "Aisha isn't gonna give you shit for this, is she?"
The Protagonist (Female Voice 1): "Aisha isn't goona be fan of that..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 2): "No way she'll go for that..."
The Protagonist (Female Voice 3): "You sure Aisha won't care?"
- Gat: "So...we're being chased by the cops...ya know what that means?"
The Protagonist: "We're hitting Forgive and Forget?"
Gat: "You bet your ass."
- — Being chased by Ronin
- Gat: "No kiddin', but you gotta look on the postive side...we getta kill a whole lotta people"
The Protagonist: "Since when did you become a glass half full guy?"
Gat: "What can I say, Eesh has a calming effect on me..."
The Protagonist: "You're so fucking whipped."
Gat: "Shut up."
- — Gat chat
"The Model of Discipline" cutsceneEdit
- Shogo Akuji: "Jyunichi, you need to relax..."Jyunichi (Subtitle): "*speaks Japanese*"
Jyunichi (Audio): "氏Akujiカジノ事件を知ることが幸せではありません。"
Jyunichi (Translation): "Mr. Akuji won't be happy to find out about the casino incident."Shogo Akuji: "My father won't find out about the casino..."Jyunichi (Subtitle): "*speaks Japanese*"
Jyunichi (Audio): "あなたはミスターAkujiから何かを隠すことはできません。"
Jyunichi (Translation): "You can't hide anything from Mr. Akuji."Shogo Akuji: "Don't question me Jyunichi...and we're in America, speak English."Jyunichi (Subtitle): "*speaks Japanese*"
Jyunichi (Audio): "何事もなかったかのようにあなただけの行動することはできません。"
Jyunichi (Translation): "You can't just act as if nothing has happened."
Jyunichi: "Forgive me Shogo."There is a knock at the door and Jyunichi gets out one of his swords.Shogo Akuji: "A little jumpy today?"Shogo opens the door to reveal, a butler.Shogo Akuji: "Over there."The butler moves his tray of drinks near a table, bows to Jyunichi and heads to the door, placing hand out for a tip, but Shogo slams the door on him.Shogo Akuji: "Sword."Jyunichi hands Shogo the sword, which he uses to open a bottle before stabbing it into the ground.Shogo Akuji: "Listen Jyunichi, I know you're having a hard time...adjusting, to the way I run things here. But how about you let me deal with my father and you deal with whatever the fuck I tell you to deal with."
Jyunichi: "Of course Shogo."
Shogo Akuji: "Excellent..."