Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
During the mission "Appointed Defender", Johnny Gat informs Playa that Troy is now the chief of the Stilwater Police Department and has been obsessively investigating the explosion that put Playa in a coma. Playa ponders aloud that, should they ever have some free time, they might "swing by the station and say hello".
Inside the Police Headquarters, Playa happens upon three wiretap conversation recordings; the first between Troy and Dex, and the second and third between Troy and Julius Little. After discovering that Dex knew that Troy was an undercover cop, and - more importantly - that it was Julius Little, ex-leader of the 3rd Street Saints, who planted the bomb aboard Alderman Richard Hughes' yacht five years ago, Playa goes through Troy's files in his office and finds Dex's phone number. Calling him, Dex promises Playa their revenge against Julius, and asks Playa to meet him at their old church.
Once there, Playa instead meets with Julius Little, who was also told by Dex to meet him there. The two get in a brief fight, but quickly realize they have been setup by Dex, who has sent in the Masako in an attempt to kill both of them.
Playa and Julius cooperate and escape the church. They crash near the Thalia Amiptheatre and, together, kill all of the Masako who are still assaulting them.
In the empty amphitheater, Playa, bitter and angry over Julius' betrayal, turns around and shoots him in the chest, causing him to collapse. The pair get into a heated argument. Julius defends his actions, claiming that the Saints failed to solve "a goddamn thing" and that they just turned into "Vice Kings that wore purple"; he saw the explosion on the yacht as the only way to stop Playa and break up the gang. Julius then reminds Playa that if it weren't for him, they "woulda died on that street corner". After a further exchange of embittered words, Playa then shoots Julius in the head, killing him.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the Mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
The clues towards this extra mission are spread thin. Aside from some brief dialogue between Johnny Gat and Playa in "Appointed Defender", Playa may also randomly say a line about visiting Troy whilst idle. After completing the game, the Statistics shows having only completed 55/56 missions and Strongholds, and there is a locked secret Achievement, "Vengeance".
To unlock the mission, first head to the Police Headquarters and listen to the three wiretap conversations located in the Stilwater Detective Bureau on the third floor. Then, go into Troy Bradshaw's office nearby and grab the file on Julius, which unlocks Dex's phone number on the Cellphone. Phoning him up unlocks the mission; the marker at the Saints Row Church. This can all be done at any time, including before completing "Jailbreak". Downloading the Corporate Warfare DLC automatically unlocks this mission without listening to the wiretaps.
Despite its esoteric unlock requirements, the mission is fairly straightforward. The majority of the mission takes place inside the church, defending against a few waves of Masako teams.
- Defend the church
Five Masako agents are in and around the church. Kill them.
- Another Masako unit is on the way. Kill them.
Four more are outside the church. After killing them, five spawn upstairs and on the east side.
- Help Julius defend the west side
Kill eight agents on the west side of the church.
- Defend the east side
Kill four agents on the east side of the church.
- Help Julius defend the south side
Kill eight agents on the south side of the church.
- Destroy the helicopter
- Get to Julius's car
Once the Tornado has been destroyed, head down the road and round the corner to get in Julius' Eiswolf.
- Protect Julius' car
The next segment of the mission has Playa sitting in Julius car with AR-50 w/Grenade Launcher, Annihilator RPG and Hand Grenades with infinite ammunition as he drives his car - reminiscent of Saints Row's "No Time to Mourn". The constant Bears are capable of withstanding several rockets, but their occupants are not; it takes one rocket to immobilize the Bear and quickly remove the threat. The bigger danger here are the Tornados, especially if they appear early on in the mission. Their missiles can destroy Julius' vehicle very quickly, and if they appear in the very beginning of the car chase, they are too high to lock onto with the Annihilator RPG.
- Destroy the helicopters
The bridge contains multiple Tornados and Bears, including a Tornado hovering close to the ground towards the end of the bridge. Continue to destroy all Tornados and deal with the Bears until Julius crashes into the amphitheater in Amberbrook; get out and take cover near the ruins nearby. After taking out the two marked Tornados that arrive on the scene, this somewhat short mission ends.
- Main article: Newscasts
- Jane Valderamma: "It is the end of an era. The body of gang icon Julius Little was found this morning, and while the time of his passing has yet to be determined, his multiple gunshot wounds have ruled out accidental death. Does this mean that the gang epidemic is finally coming to an end? Or is this simply one more casualty in a continually mounting gang war? I'm Jane Valderamma, Channel 6 news."
- Revelation is the final (66th) book of the Bible.
- After unlocking Dex in the phone book of the Cellphone, the number 555-2628 can be called instead of using the stored entry, although the number does not work if he is not already in the phone book.
- Occasionally, after completing the "Revelation" mission, Dex's number disappears from the cellphone, and the wiretaps reappear. Listening to these again unlocks Dex's number, and the mission for a second time.
- Julius Little has below maximum health at the very beginning of this mission, following on from the fight with Playa during the opening cutscene.
- In a Co-op game, if the guest has completed the mission, but the host hasn't, the finale at the church automatically unlocks, without any work by the host.
- The second half of this mission, an on-rails segment in a vehicle with infinite ammo for all weapons, is reminiscent of the missions "What Goes Up...", "Round Peg, Square Hole", and "No Time to Mourn" from Saints Row. The latter mission in particular sees Playa in a very similar situation - in a passenger seat of a vehicle while Julius Little drives.
- During the second half of the mission, when Playa is being driven across the bridge in Julius Little's Eiswolf, Male Voice 1 says "Keep runnin', ya wankers!", whereas the subtitles says "Keep runnin' bitches!".
- The Brady guide to Saints Row 2 incorrectly states that this mission becomes available after "Appointed Defender", and while it gives instructions on how to unlock the mission, it does not include a detailed mission guide.
- After the first checkpoint, 15 seconds into the objective "Get to Julius's car", a Tornado spawns. It flies around overhead, and can land in multiple locations, including in the field to the east of the Church, or the street corner south-south-west of the Church. The Tornado is very light, and only spawns once, but the checkpoint is conveniently placed to help obtain it. It can be saved in the Garage after exiting the mission, or during a Replay in a Replay. Tornados spawned before the checkpoint do not land.
- Julius' Eiswolf has infinite mass throughout the whole mission, and thus cannot be moved from its location by other vehicle, although it can still be damaged.
- If the Eiswolf is damaged before entering it, the car will be repaired after entering it, although the signs of damage will remain.
- In-game, this mission is only referred to as an "Extra" mission. The data files variously refer to this mission as "Bonus" or "Emergent". The internal name for this mission is "em01". This may either stand for "Emergent" or "Extra Mission. At no point, either in-game, or in the data files, is this mission ever referred to as a "secret" mission.
- Troy: "What's up Dex?"
Dex: "I know you're a cop..."
Troy: "The fuck are you talking about?"
Dex: "Come on, man, who you think you're talkin' to? The tactics, the police station thing, your shitty haircut...you got cop written all over you."
Troy: "So what are you gonna do..."
Dex: "I'm out Troy. I got offered a job at Ultor, I'm droppin' my flags and I'm goin' straight. I just want to make sure that we're not gonna have a problem."
- — Wiretap conversation #1
- Troy: "How ya doin' Julius?"
Julius Little: "I was doing better before I got arrested."
Troy: "I wanted to talk to you about that..."
Julius Little: "I bet you do."
Troy: "Listen Julius, you've made some bad choices, but you're a good man, let me help you.[sic] "
Julius Little: "What do you want?"
Troy: "I want the Saints to be gone. Now there's two ways that can happen."
Julius Little: "You can arrest all of us."
Troy: "Or you guys can quit while you're ahead. This is my investigation I can miss a few collars."
Julius Little: "What are you saying?"
Troy: "Dex is out of the game, and you're in jail. If you can convince Johnny and your number 2 to drop their flags the Saints will fall apart and everyone goes home happy."
Julius Little: "You don't think this'll work do you?"
Troy: "You think I like arresting my friends? Convince 'em to quit and I won't have to."
Julius Little: "There's no way that playa's gonna stop."
Troy: "Make them understand."
Julius Little: "Let's say I can, how do I know I'm goin' free."
Troy: "I've already talked to the Mayor, Hughes is willing to give you guys pardons."
Julius Little: "I'll see what I can do."
- — Wiretap conversation #2
- Troy: "What the fuck was that?"
Julius: "It was the only way."
Troy: "I said talk, not set off a goddamn bomb!"
Julius: "Relax Troy, the Saints are finished...don't try to find me."
- — Wiretap conversation #3
- How ya doin' playa? If you've gone through Troy's files you know that Julius set you up...meet me at the old church and I'll tell you where to find Julius.
- — Dex
"Face to Face" cutscene
- Playa: "The fuck took you so long..."
Julius Little: "You ain't Dex."
Playa: "Neither are you..."
Julius Little: "You look different, did you-"
Playa: "I didn't do shit to my hair."
Julius Little: "You pullin' a gun on me?"
Playa: "Well I didn't have time to plant a bomb in the church so this'll have to do..."
Julius Little: "You don't know what the hell you're talking about."
Playa: "Why don'tcho educate me..."
Julius Little: "I don't gotta explain shit to you."
Playa: "This is where we're gonna have to agree to disagree."
Julius Little: "Why don't you just put the gun down, we both know you're not gonna use it."
Playa: "Not yet."
Julius Little: "Stop!"
Playa: "I never thought I'd see you beg, Julius..."
Julius Little: "I'm not beggin' I'm tryin' to talk some sense into you."
Playa: "I'm done listenin' to your bullshit."
Julius Little: "Put it together, Dex wanted us in the same place..."
Playa: "Yeah, and why'd he want that?"
Julius Little: "Can we kill each other later?"
- — "Face to Face" cutscene
- Dex sent the Masako...looks like he means business.
- — Julius Little, at the start of gameplay
- Julius Little: "They got an attack chopper, we need to take cover!"Playa (Male Voice 1): "We gotta take that fucker down!"
Playa (Male Voice 2): "A helicopter? Are you fuckin' kiddin' me?"
Playa (Male Voice 3): "The fuck you mean "They have an attack chopper" who has those?"
Playa (Female Voice 1): "This day keeps getting better..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Ya think?"
Playa (Female Voice 3): "*speaks Spanish*"
- — After killing several waves of Masako
- Julius Little: "Don't get too excited playa, this ain't over yet. Let's get to my car..."Playa (Male Voice 1): "That's the best Ultor can throw at us?"
Playa (Male Voice 2): "I'm puttin' a bullet in Dex's head for this..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "We did it!"
Playa (Female Voice 1): "We did it!"
Playa (Female Voice 2): "You know how to show a girl a good time, Jules."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "*speaks Spanish*"
- — After taking down the helicopter
- Looks like we're gonna make it outta here in one- OH SHIT!
- — Julius
- I need help over here!
- — Julius
- There's more Masako coming!
- — Julius
- They're storming the front!
- — Julius
- Playa (Male Voice 1 audio): "Keep runnin', ya wankers!"
Playa (Male Voice 1 subtitle): "Keep runnin' bitches!"
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Too easy..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "See ya, bitches..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Looks like we scared 'em off..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "What's a matter? You kids not havin' fun?"
Playa (Female Voice 3): "I think they had enough..."
- You didn't think it was gonna be that easy did you?
- — Julius Little
- Playa (Male Voice 1): "Is it too hard to drive the fuckin' car straight?"
Playa (Male Voice 2): "I didn't come this far to die..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "Fuck this..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "If you want something done right..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "I'm sick of this shit..."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "Good, I'm sick of running..."
- Julius: "Whaddya say we get the hell outta here...you shoot I'll drive."Julius: "I got some hardware you might like in the backseat..."Playa (Male Voice 1): "Sounds like a plan."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "You ain't hearin' me complainin'..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "Let's do it."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Don't worry, I'll take care of anyone dumb enough to follow us."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Ready when you are."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "My kinda plan."
"Burying the Hatchet" cutscene
- Julius Little: "Just like old times Playa..."
Playa: "Yeah..."Playa pulls out his gun and shoots Julius in the stomach, causing him to drop to the ground.Julius Little: "Jesus, I thought we were past this..."
Playa: "Not by a fuckin' long shot."
Julius Little: "Don't you get it? The Saints didn't solve a goddamn thing. Drugs were still being pushed, innocent people were still getting killed...all we did was turn into Vice Kings that wore purple..."
Playa: "Jesus Christ you sound like a pussy..."
Julius Little: "I sound like someone who's not a sociopath..."
Playa: "You wanna be the killer with a conscience? Fine...drop your flags and write a book like King, but you never shoulda came after me ..."
Julius Little: "You tellin' me if I woulda asked you to walk away you would have said yes?"
Playa: "Fuck no, this is my city."
Julius Little: "Jesus, you haven't learned a goddamn thing."
Playa: "Wrong. I've learned that bein' in charge is better than bein' a bitch who keeps his mouth shut and does what he's told."
Playa: "Your time's over old man."
Julius Little: "What's happened to you?"
Playa: "I woke up."
Julius Little: "You owe me playa, if it weren't for me you woulda died on that street corner."
Playa: "If it weren't for you I wouldn't have been in a goddamn coma..."
Julius Little: "Then I guess that makes us even..."Playa shoots Julius in the head, killing him.Playa: "Not really."
- — "Burying the Hatchet" cutscene