- Compete in competitive or time trial races to earn cash and Respect.
- — Racing introduction
In most vehicle races, any car can be used, but some use a specific car regardless of the car brought to the race. Competitors always drive similar cars, if a sports car is used, the other drivers also use sports cars. It is not possible to use a car in a bike race, or vice-versa.
Weapons are disabled for the duration of each race, but ramming and PIT maneuvers are still allowed. It is also impossible to jump out of the vehicle, although it is still possible to fall off the bike.
- Lorenzo: "Hey man, what's up...look you didn't see any-"
Lorenzo: "Cool, that's straight...well, you know what I mean. Look, I know of a couple races that are about to go down if you're interested...just to let you know the tuners 'round here don't play nice with guys they don't know so be careful out there."
- — Lorenzo in Straight and Narrow cutscene.
- Tyrell: "You're fuckin' kiddin' me..."
Tyrell: "come on, just because one cornbread muth...'aight, fine."
Tyrell: "Can you believe this shit? Last week one of the racers took out some kid when taking a turn. He got off no problem, but no one has seen the chump since and people are gettin' nervous. All I need is one more racer to get shit started, ya down?"
- — Tyrell in Occupational Hazard cutscene.
- Libby: "OK people, if you aren't at the line in five you won't be racing!"
Libby: "Look hun, if you wanna race today you better hurry up. There's some real money to be made if ya got some skills."
- — Libby in On the Line cutscene.
There is no reward for second place.
- 10% discount on Vehicle Customization - All Los Carnales Races
- 10% discount on Vehicle Customization - All Westside Rollerz Races
- 10% discount on Vehicle Customization - All Vice Kings Races
- 50% discount on Vehicle Customization - All Races
- "Tuner" Achievement - All Races
There are 8 races in each Gang's turf, with a total of 24 Races.
There are three types of races: Checkpoint, Lap, and Point to Point.
- Checkpoint races have three opponents, and they must pass between all the flaming barrels in order.
- Lap races have checkpoints, but the track repeats several times, usually 3, though there is at least one has only 2 laps.
- Point to Point races differ in that there are seven racers instead of four, and after the start there is only a single point which may be reached by taking any route.
After starting a Racing activity, the type of race is indicated in the top-left corner of the screen with a request to drive across the starting line of the race in order to begin. After driving across the starting line, the opponent vehicles are loaded and a countdown begins to start the race. Walking across the starting line does nothing.
After clearing all the races for a given area, the level select refers to the last two Checkpoint races as "Marathon" and "Ultimate" even though they are still just Checkpoint races, and they are still identified as "Checkpoint" in the top-left corner of the screen.
|3||Poseidon Alley||Docks & Warehouses||Checkpoint|
|7||Southern Cross||Barrio||Point to Point|
|8||Poseidon Alley||Docks & Warehouses||Checkpoint|
|4||Nob Hill||High End Retail||Lap|
|6||Shivington||Projects||Point to Point|
|7||Nob Hill||High End Retail||Checkpoint|
|7||Tidal Spring||Suburbs||Point to Point|
Saints Row 2Edit
Racing is displayed in the "Diversions - Minigames" menu and does not count towards 100% completion.
There are 27 races in Saints Row 2, and include races with Cars, Bikes, Boats, Planes and Helicopters. Completing all races of each type unlocks a custom vehicle of the same type.
In timed Races, medals are earned by finishing within a certain time. The amount of time between each medal varies.
Completing all 27 races unlocks a Cowboy Hat in the Wardrobe, and the "2 Quick 2 Pissed" Achievement.
- Custom Race Bezier: All 10 car races.
- Custom Saints Sabretooth: All 5 bike races.
- Custom Saints Skipper: All 7 boat races.
- Custom Saints Wolverine: All 2 plane races.
- Custom Saints Oppressor: All 3 helicopter races.
None of these vehicles can be modified at the Mechanic.
- Gold: $1,000 Cash, 2500 Respect
- Silver: $250 Cash, 1500 Respect
- Bronze: $50 Cash, 1000 Respect
|#||Marker Name||Location||Class||Type||Gold Time||Silver Time||Bronze Time||Vehicle||Opponent Vehicles||Opponent Speed|
|6||boat_ht||Centennial Beach (Ocean)||Speed Boat||Timed||90||95||100||Miami|
|7||boat_pr||Hangman's Wharf (Ocean)||Speed Boat||Timed||70||80||90||Miami|
|10||car_dt||Union Square||Sports||Race||x||x||x||Phoenix||3x Phoenix||200|
|15||car_sr||Mission Beach||Sports||Race||x||x||x||Venom Classic||Hayate Z70|
|16||car_sx||Misty Lane||Sports||Race||x||x||x||Magma||La Fuerza|
|22||jetski_fa||Black Bottom (Ocean)||Jetski||Timed||150||160||175||Shark|
|23||jetski_nu||Stilwater Nuclear (Ocean)||Jetski||Timed||105||115||125||Shark|
|24||jetski_pr||Stilwater Penitentiary (Ocean)||Jetski||Timed||35||40||45||Shark|
- ↑ Image:
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Note: The name comes from the game data files
- ↑ Note: The name comes from the game data files. Subtitles use "Ty", character model is named "Tyrell"