Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- THE PYRAMID EXPOSED!
- — Stilwater Gazette newspaper headline
Overview[edit | edit source]
Infuriated by Ultor's recent hit on the 3rd Street Saints, Playa meets their lieutenants (Johnny Gat, Shaundi, and Pierce) at a Mexican restaurant. Shaundi has discovered that The Pyramid is a huge Ultor R&D facility underneath Mount Claflin. Playa advises Shaundi and Pierce "hit the streets and take out as much Ultor property as [they] can", thereby causing a distraction so Gat and Playa can attack the facility.
After personally causing some damage in Saint's Row, Playa meets Gat at The Pyramid using a secret entrance via the sewer. Together, they set three bombs in three separate labs and escape the facility in a Bear before the bombs detonate. At a meeting with the Ultor board of directors, Dane Vogel assures the executives that everything is under control. However, they are unhappy with the loss of The Pyramid and his ego, and threaten that if he doesn't finish off the Saints, than "being fired [will be] the least of [his] worries".
Story[edit | edit source]
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the Mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Head to Saints Row[sic]
- Raise your Ultor notoriety to four stars
- Eliminate your notoriety at a Forgive and Forget
Nearby the marker is a Forgive and Forget, which can be used to wipe Notoriety after fulfilling the objective.
- Enter their base while the Ultor[sic] are distracted
- Use the secret entrance and meet Gat in the base
Head to the marker, climb over the fence, and swim through the water to reach the platform. There, head down through the pipes until one meets Gat, and continue onwards into the facility.
- Find the keycard for the lab doors
The Pyramid is only lightly defended by a few Ultor security guards. Grab the keycard downstairs.
- Plant bombs in each of the labs upstairs
- Exit the base before the bombs detonate
Once finished, commandeer the Bear and head through the tunnel at full speed before the bombs detonate, exiting the facility via a Stunt Jump and ending the mission.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Cash: $15,000
- Respect: None
- Mission: Salting the Earth...Again
- Vehicle: Ultor APC (Bear)
- Weapon: Pimp Cane
Newscast[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Newscasts
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The first objective, "Head to Saints Row", misspells "Saint's Row" as "Saints Row".
- The fourth objective, "Enter their base while the Ultor are distracted", erroneously refers to Ultor as "the Ultor".
- The sixth objective, "Find the keycard for the lab doors" specifically says "keycard", but the target object is a set of keys.
- The opening cutscene of this mission is called "Khufu's Legacy". Khufu was an ancient Egyptian pharaoh who ruled around 2580 B.C.. He is generally accepted as having built the Great Pyramid of Giza.
- As with many missions with assigned Homies, if Johnny Gat is called as a Homie before starting the mission, it is possible to have two of him.
- The first part of this mission can be easily accomplished by walking into the Harrowgate police department, stealing the Tornado, and then quickly flying to the nearest Forgive and Forget. This technique alleviates the need to get four stars of Notoriety as stealing the Tornado instantly gives five stars and provides an easy escape.
- The newspaper text on the Newspaper Clipboard mentions that Sephren Nichols' TV special has been canceled; Sephren Nichols is an investigative reporter advertised on the radio who once explored the existence of The Pyramid in Secrets of The Pyramid.
- Sephren Nichols "disproves" The Pyramid in a Secrets of The Pyramid radio commercial
- The Ultor Five-Os that chase Playa spawn more frequently in the mission.
- When approaching the central chamber from the lower level or bottom level, the cutscene shows Gat and Playa approaching from the upper level. In all cases, after the cutscene they are teleported to the lower level.
- A Saints' Capshaw will always be provided at the beginning of the mission, even if the car hasn't been selected as a gang car in the Gang Customization.
- There is enough time to exit the base using the entrance tunnel, however when approaching the exit, the message "Use the APC to exit the base" appears, then when the exit is reached, the mission fails with the message "You failed to get to the APC".
- Although it is a mission target, destroying the Bear does not automatically fail the mission. Trying to leave via the tunnel after destroying the Bear still fails the mission.
- It is not possible to run the length of the exit tunnel, because Gat's pathfinding is broken and he walks into a wall if taken any point past where the Bear spawns.
- It is possible to use a Toad to exit The Pyramid instead of the Bear, but the Bear must be entered first as it is a mission target. It is easier to find a Toad before the final segment, as all existing Toads are despawned when the cutscene plays.
- It is possible to exit without the completing the mission, either by driving the Toad without entering the Bear, or by driving the Bear to the exit and leaving without it. It is possible to drive the Toad all the way to the Saints Hideout before the timer runs out.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
"Khufu's Legacy" cutscene[edit | edit source]
- Pierce (unused): "She's late."
Shaundi (unused): "Sorry, I was doing shots at the bar."
Johnny Gat: "Is this the pyramid?"
Shaundi: "Yeah, Ultor's built a huge R&D facility underneath Mount Claflin."
Johnny Gat: "Let me guess, they aren't developin' a better breadbox..."
Shaundi: "Honestly they probably are...they're just, ya know, developing guns and body armor too."
Pierce: "Why's Ultor gunnin' for us?"Johnny Gat: "What, we don't get to blow up shit in public?"Playa: "It doesn't matter, here's the plan: Pierce and Shaundi: I want the two of you to hit the streets and take out as much Ultor property as you can, if Ultor wants to come after us, fine but we're gonna make it fuckin' cost 'em...Gat: you and I are gonna hit the pyramid..."
Playa - Male 2: "It doesn't matter, here's the plan... Pierce and Shaundi, I want the two of you to hit the streets and take out as much Ultor property as you can, if Ultor wants to come after us, fine but we're gonna make it fuckin' cost 'em... Gat, you and I are gonna hit the pyramid..."Playa: "(Beat as he thinks) Fine, we can do some damage street side, but we gotta be quick, I don't wanna give Ultor any more of a heads up then we have to."
Playa - Male 2: "Fine, we can do some damage street side, but we gotta be quick. I don't wanna give Ultor any more of a heads up then we have to."
- — "Khufu's Legacy" cutscene
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Unsorted[edit | edit source]
- Playa: "Nope, but they're about to find out real soon."
Gat: "So what's the plan?"
Playa: "We're gonna hit what they care about the most...money"
Gat: "Alright, so what are blowing up?"
Playa: "Their delivery trucks, their ads, and their mall..."
Gat: "You think that'll pull enough of them away from the Pyramid?"
Playa: "Well if it doesn't it just means there's more corporate whores to kill."
Gat: "So it's pretty much a win win situation..."Gat: "This is my kind of plan..."Playa - Male 1: "That's what I'm sayin'..."
Playa - Male 2: "That's what I'm screamin'..."
Playa - Male 3: "That's what I'm thinkin'..."
Playa - Female 1: "That's right..."
Playa - Female 2: "Pretty much, yeah..."
Playa - Female 3: "The way I see it, yeah..."
Playa: "I thought you'd like it..."
- — Labelled "Banter"
- I don't know about you, but I think it's time we trash Ultor's pride and joy.
- — Gat, labelled "call player"
- Gat: "No kidding..."Playa - Male 1: "This is a little bigger than I thought it would be..."
Playa - Male 2: "Jesus this place is huge..."
Playa - Male 3: "This is, uh, this is big..."
Playa - Female 1: "Well this is...big"
Playa - Female 2: "When I heard R&D facility I wasn't expecting a military complex..."
Playa - Female 3: "Christ this is big..."
Playa: "You got any idea how we're gonna blow this place up?"
Gat: "When has not having a plan ever stopped us?"Playa - Male 1: "Fair enough."
Playa - Male 2: "True."
Playa - Male 3: "Point taken."
Playa - Female 1: "This'll be fun..."
Playa - Female 2: "That's encouraging."
Playa - Female 3: "No way this can go wrong..."
- — Labelled "Chat"
- Playa - Female 1: "You ready for this Johnny?"
Playa - Female 2: "Buckle up, Johnny..."
Playa - Female 3: "Hang on, Gat..."
Playa - Male 1: "Hold on, Gat..."
Playa - Male 2: "Hang on, Gat..."
Playa - Male 3: "You ready for this Gat?"
- — Labelled "Jump"
- Gat: "Fuck yeah."
Playa: "Hey Johnny, you ready to blow up an R&D facility?"
- — Upon meeting Johnny
- They've sealed the exit, we gotta find another way out.
- — Gat, labelled "Sealed"
- Listen, we'll do more damage if we split up...I'll give you a call when I think we've got enough of their attention.
- — Gat, labelled "Split up"
"Cutting Losses" cutscene[edit | edit source]
- Ultor executive #1: "Dane, while your project has been yielding positive results, the board is a little concerned..."
Dane Vogel: "I don't understand."
Ultor executive #2: "The Saints are out of control!"
Dane Vogel: "That was the point."
Ultor executive #1: "When you budgeted funds for "force majeure" we didn't realize compromising the Pyramid was what you had in mind."
Dane Vogel: "We're dealing with violent criminals, are you really surprised they might do something, I don't know, violent? The Pyramid was not going to last forever, it's better to spin this now when we're the victims than when Channel 6 does an undercover expose."
Ultor executive #1: "Dane...fix the problem."
Dane Vogel: "OK. Maybe I'm being too obtuse, let me try this again. There is no problem."
Ultor executive #2: "We've had enough of your ego."
Dane Vogel: "My ego is what got you this far."
Ultor executive #2: "Finish off the Saints, or being fired is the least of your worries."
Dane Vogel: "Is that all?"
Ultor executive #1: "Take care of this, Dane."
Dane Vogel: "Of course I will."
- — "Cutting Losses" cutscene
Gallery[edit | edit source]