|Orange Threat Level|
Marked: ?. Minimum kills: ?
- Cancelled flight leads to gang-land violence
- — Ultor Times newspaper headline
Pierce follows up on Playa's request at the end of Bleeding Out and gets his hands on the passenger manifest of Kazuo Akuji's plane. Wasting no time, Playa sets off to Wardill Airport with Pierce to kill Kazuo, who is arriving very soon.
Together, they cut through multiple Ronin gang members, and kill two lieutenants who attempt to flee in a Knoxville, but do not see any sight of Kazuo. Fortunately for Kazuo, Jyunichi reached him first and drove him safely out of the airport; much to Shogo's chagrin, who Jyunichi claims had left his father to die.
The following text has been transcribed verbatim from the game files.
Upon completion of the mission, it is available in-game at Newspaper Clipboards.
- Drive to the airport before the Ronin arrive
- Use the back entrance to bypass security
Follow the markers to enter the airport through the back and bypass security.
- Akuji's plane arrived, head to the gate
Once inside the building, head through to Kazuo's gate.
- Kill the Ronin Lieutenants
Kill all The Ronin nearby; there are four specific lieutenants that must be killed to fulfil the objective.
- Head to the second gate
Head to the second gate.
- Chase down and kill the Ronin
A brief chase ensues, with Playa and Pierce giving chase to a pair of Ronin lieutenants. Although the Knoxvilles here are fairly slow, the tight corridors of the airport can make this slightly tricky. Once the enemy Knoxville is destroyed, the mission ends.
If the the Knoxville is allowed to reach the loading bay, the lieutenants head outside of the airport and get on a nearby Kenshin. There is a second one beside it which can be used to pursue them, as well as other Ronin on Tetsuos or Hayate Z70s.
- Cash: $3,000
- Respect: None
- Neighborhood: Quinbecca
- Mission: Kanto Connection
- Stronghold: New Hennequet Rec Center
- In America, the Homeland Security Advisory System's orange threat level refers to a "high risk of terrorist attacks".
- The passenger manifest that Pierce gives to Playa in the opening cutscene of the mission, "Welcome to Stilwater", is very detailed despite barely being viewable in the cutscene. The text on the manifest says that "All flight attendants are to be groped/harrassed[sic] at least once every flight" and that "Failure to comply will result in immediate tossing out of the plane".
- During the car ride, the radio will be set to KRhyme 95.4. Pierce will change it to Klassic 102.4, and Playa will change it back to KRhyme. The radio station can be changed manually at any time, but will still be changed by both Pierce and Playa.
- In "Thank You and Goodnight!", Pierce also changes radio station to 102.4 Klassic FM and tells Playa that he's driving the truck and can choose whatever music he wants to listen to, although the station can still be changed.
- If 102.4 Klassic FM is already playing, Pierce switches to 105.0 The World instead, whether or not the station is normally available.
- It is unknown exactly when Jyunichi saw Playa alone inside the airport and saved Kazuo Akuji, as during the mission, Playa immediately heads towards Kazuo's plane with Pierce after entering the airport.
- In Co-op, Pierce is not a Homie inside the airport due to the Knoxville holding only two passengers.
- The loading bay door which The Ronin use to drive outside is only open during this mission, but can be explored outside of the mission by using the Newspaper Clipboard to glitch out of the mission or parking a bike, such as a Sandstorm parallel to the roller door.
- The airport worker getting knocked out by Jyunichi in the "Flight Plans" cutscene, is actually Tobias' cousin Richie.
- A bug in the PC version may freeze the game after the second cutscene. Skipping the cutscene avoids the game freezing.
"Welcome to Stilwater" cutscene
- Pierce: "I got the passenger manifest..."
Pierce: "I'm not Shaundi so, I had to ya know... do actual work to get that."
Playa: "What, you bribed someone?"
Pierce: "Why you gotta be an asshole?"
Pierce: "Akuji bought every 1st class seat on the plane, looks like he's traveling with friends."
Playa: "That'll make killin' him a lot more interesting..."
Pierce: "Well if you wanna welcome him to America you better hurry, his plane's gonna land soon."
- — "Welcome to Stilwater" cutscene
- Pierce: "How's Gat doing?"Pierce: "If that was me, that asshole wouldn'tve gotten away..."Playa (Male Voice 1): "He's been stabbed, he's seen better days."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "He's in bad shape but he'll live."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "He'll feel better once we kill some of these assholes..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "We'll he's been stabbed so I'm guessing he's felt better..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Johnny's a tough guy, he'll survive."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "His girlfriends dead, he's depressed..."Pierce: "Yeah, I'm - hey!"Playa (Male Voice 1): "Sure you would."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "If that was you, we wouldn't have had to go to the hospital at all."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "If it was you we'd be burying you with Aisha..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "I bet you would've..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Pierce, honey, if it was you you'd be dead."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "We wouldn'tve had to bother with the hospital, that's for damn sure..."
- Pierce: "What the hell are we listenin' to..."Pierce: "Too bad it sucked..."Playa (Male Voice 1): "That was my music..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "I was listening to that..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "That was my music..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Pierce I was listening to that..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "That's my station!"
Playa (Female Voice 3): "That was my drivin' music!"Pierce: "Why you gotta be like that?"Playa (Male Voice 1): "When you run the Saints you can listen to whatever the hell you want, but right now, I'm in charge of the radio..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "When I'm drivin' we're listening to whatever the fuck I wanna listen to..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "Make fun of my music again and I'll put a bullet in your head..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Who's driving the goddamn car Pierce?"
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Fuck you Pierce, I'm drivin' I can listen to whatever I want?"
Playa (Female Voice 3): "Fuck you Pierce, my car my music..."
- — After Pierce changes the radio station
- Akuji is gonna have a lotta security, so be ready...
- — Pierce, once inside the airport
- Someone must have tipped him off, Akuji didn't get off the plane...
- — Pierce
- Pierce: "They're getting away!"Playa (Male Voice 1): "We better follow them..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Like hell they are, let's jack that cart..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "Get in that cart, we're following them..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "We gotta go after them."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Let's take that cart!"
Playa (Female Voice 3): "Like hell they are..."
- — After spotting a pair of Ronin escaping
- Pierce: "I'm tellin' you, he was supposed to be on that plane..."Playa (Male Voice 1): "I thought that was Akuji's flight."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "No Akuji. You sure that was his flight?"
Playa (Male Voice 3): "Pierce...what happened..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Pierce, you sure that wsa Akuji's flight?"
Playa (Female Voice 2): "What happened to "Akuji's flight is coming in today""
Playa (Female Voice 3): "I thought that was Kazuo's flight?"Playa (Male Voice 1): "Don't worry about it, he can't hide forever..."
Playa (Male Voice 2): "Somethin's up...let's get back to the hideout..."
Playa (Male Voice 3): "Let's get outta here, we'll figure this out later..."
Playa (Female Voice 1): "Alright, let's get the hell outta here, we can figure this out later..."
Playa (Female Voice 2): "Lets go back to the hideout, we'll figure this out..."
Playa (Female Voice 3): "Something weird's goin' on, let's get outta here..."
- — After killing all The Ronin
- The gate Akuji's flying into is at the back of the terminal, we should drive over there.
- — Pierce
- There they are!
- — Pierce
"Flight Plans" cutscene
- As his phone rings, Jyunichi speaks briefly to Kazuo Akuji in Japanese. Jyunichi says it's Shogo, but Kazuo does not wish to speak with him. Jyunichi then answers the phone.Jyunichi (subtitle): "*speaks Japanese*"
Jyunichi (translation): "It's Shogo"
Jyunichi (Spanish subtitle translation): "It's your son"
Jyunichi (audio): "Shogo-san desu"Jyunichi: "Hello?"Kazuo (subtitle): "*speaks Japanese*"
Kazuo (translation): "?"
Jyunichi (Spanish subtitle translation): "I have nothing to say to him"
Kazuo (audio): "?"
Shogo Akuji: "What happened Jyunichi..."
Jyunichi: "What happened is that you left your father to die."
Shogo Akuji: "I didn't ask for your opinion, Jyunichi. What happened?"
Jyunichi: "I went to the airport to safe guard Akuji sans arrival. Once I saw the leader of the Saints making a move towards the terminal I made my way to the plane so I could evacuate your father. His entourage willingly gave their lives to ensure his safety."
Shogo Akuji: "Let me speak to him."
Shogo Akuji: "What?"
Jyunichi: "Your father made it quite clear that he doesn't wish to speak to you. Anything you have to say to him will go through me."
Shogo Akuji: "You ungrateful little-"Jyunichi (subtitle): "*speaks Japanese*"
Jyunichi (translation): "Goodbye."
Jyunichi (audio): "Sayonara."
- — "Flight Plans" cutscene