Oleg is a former KGB agent. Standing around 8 feet tall and extremely muscular, he is not only physically strong but also very intelligent.
Oleg is a tall, muscular man of Russian descent, with thick brown eyebrows and blue eyes. After being rescued by the Saints, he wears a white vest with a purple undershirt bearing the Saints fleur de lis on the left breast area, grey pants, black boots, and a silver ring in his index finger.
In Saints Row The Third Remastered, Oleg's in-game appearance more closely resembles his appearance in promotional art. He is thinner, and his vest and pants has been recolored to beige and brown respectively. The Saints undershirt's colors are darker, and he has more body hair.
Saints Row: The Third
He was held captive for several years by The Syndicate, who sought to make use of his immense strength and knowledge. From a top-secret cloning facility at the Syndicate Tower, they used him as a master pattern to create the brutes. The clones produced are super-strong, but they lack the intelligence of Oleg. After being rescued, Oleg helps Playa, Pierce, and Shaundi locate and kill Phillipe Loren.
After Viola DeWynter helps the Saints with locating intel of a cargo boat containing Morningstar hos., Oleg and Playa meet with her and are ambushed by STAG. The three flee to Technically Legal and fight their way into the rooftop. During battle, Oleg hops into a F-69 VTOL in an attempt to bring it down.
During STAG's occupation of Steelport, Oleg aids the Saints in fighting against the paramilitary organization, including creating a diversion in Sunset Park as Playa steals an F-69 VTOL, ambushing STAG in the Saints HQ, and helping Playa and Pierce clear out areas where STAG and the Luchadores are fighting.
Over the course of the Saints occupation of Steelport, Oleg and Pierce play chess several times. The games are never culminate in a winner because something always disturbs the board. The first time Playa kicks the table, then Oleg drops a bag on the game and finally a VTOL crashes into the penthouse.
Saints Row IV
When Playa becomes President, Oleg becomes his head of security. As Playa walks towards the press conference, Oleg kicks an obsessed fan to the ground. When the Zin invade Earth, he and Josh Birk escape invasion. Later, as they share a drink at the Broken Shillelagh, Kinzie attempts to call Oleg to mount a counterattack against the Zin, but he dismisses her call as a telemarketer because he does not recognize the number. He and Josh are both killed when Zinyak blows up the Earth.
Saints Row Gat out of Hell
Oleg appears in the final storybook of the game, he is in the picture playing volleyball along with Gat, Kinzie, Lin, Josh, and Dane.
Oleg is unlocked as a Homie after The Belgian Problem. He is driven in a Saints Criminal by a random Saints member. In battle, Oleg mostly performs melee attacks and takedowns on enemies, but can also pick up any Temporary Weapons dropped by a Brute.
- During "Gang Bang" Oleg is on the VTOL he jumps on during the mission west of the Saints HQ. Playa mentions something about him "having fun".[Reference needed]
- Oleg Kirrlov's surname was reported to be "Kirrlor" by GameInformer, which "became legacy" according to Steve Jaros, lead writer for Saints Row: The Third.
- When he is rescued in the Syndicate Tower, his groin is blurred, but his buttocks are not.
- When released from his shackles, he drops into a kneeling position that resembles The Terminator's first appearance.
- In general, Oleg is very tight-lipped about his life before being captured by The Syndicate and being cloned, stating "it would be better for the Saints' friendship if [they] didn't know about it".[Reference needed] Despite this, he admits to being a KGB agent to Kinzie.
- Oleg says that the KGB destroyed the only NEMO chair in existence.
- Oleg's attacks are similar to Brutes.
- When left idle while using Female Voice 1, Playa states they are tired of Oleg's lectures on the failings of capitalism.[Reference needed]
- Oleg plays chess with Pierce several times during the game, though something always ruins the game. He purposely ruins the chess game he and Pierce are playing, suggesting he was losing and did not wish Pierce to win.
- Oleg usually advocates the logical course of action during missions with multiple choices, despite personal unpleasantness. He suggests keeping the Syndicate Tower, despite the time he spent suffering there, and the zombie virus, despite him being a former "patient zero". At the end of the game, he states the player should go after Killbane instead of rescuing the captured Saints, claiming that Shaundi and Viola should be left to die so their work would not be in vain.
- Oleg can pick up the Mini-Gun and Incinerator, and never run out of ammo.
- Oleg speaks Latin, and occasionally offer to teach Playa after being called as a homie. He also says that it is nice to converse in a proper language.
- Sometimes, if left idle when using Female Voice 2, she mentions that Oleg reminds her of her father, even if Playa has not yet rescued Oleg.
- When stealing a motorbike, Female Voice 2 may say "I would love to see Oleg on this", again before meeting Oleg.
- The Female Voice 2 Playa frequently refers to Oleg as "comrade",[Reference needed] in reference to their Eastern European nationalities and the communist stereotypes associated with them.
- Whenever Oleg is called up as a Homie he is always driven by the same female Saint, who is also automatically recruited as a follower.
- Oleg recognizes the technology and firepower utilized by STAG. When Playa asks him about it, he claims "It's miltary grade, way beyond the private sector".
- Oleg's personal and professional opinions of Viola DeWynter serve as some of the motivating factors for why Playa allowed Viola to join the Saints.
- According to the development section of the Prima guide, originally Oleg wasn't cloned, he was a leg breaker for The Syndicate, who joined the Saints to be with his role model: Josh Birk.
- Oleg's movements in cutscenes look remarkably similar to Mr. Hyde's in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
- Oleg's left eye is discolored when he is rescued, but after killing Loren, his eye becomes normal.
- According to Principal Technical Artist Adam Pletcher, "Oleg can't fit into most cars, but he will climb into truck beds." This is untrue, Oleg can only climb into the back of a Criminal.
- In the description of the "Find Shortcuts" challenge, Oleg quotes Sun Tzu's Art of War.[Reference needed]
- In the description of the "Destroy Smart Cars" Challenge Oleg asks Playa to destroy Emus, saying "the impracticality of these little vehicles for someone of my size annoys me."[Reference needed]
- In Saints Row IV, during a cutscene between him and Josh Birk, he states that at first he disliked Nyte Blayde but enjoyed it soon afterward.[Reference needed]
- There is a portrait of Oleg in the White Crib which is not on the Saints Row website.
- Oleg's appearance resembles Mariano Mendoza. At the Saints Row: The Third's debut at E3 he officially cosplayed Oleg for Volition.
- Oleg is the strongest brute in-game, able to instantly kill Playa with max upgrades in normal and hard and drain Playa's health to under 50 with max upgrades in easy.
- Despite Oleg's intelligence, he isn't abducted by Zinyak in Saints Row IV.
- Oleg is featured under O in The ABCs of Saints Row.
- Oleg is a playable operative named Yeti in Agents of Mayhem.
- Despite knowing Killbane, Oleg never encounters him during the game.
- Relation: Clones
- Credits: Saints Row: The Third credits
- Credits: Saints Row IV credits
- YouTube: Developer Commentary - Saints Row: The Third Power CG Trailer retrieved 18th July 2011
- Homie conversation:
- Mission: The Belgian Problem
- Mission: The Ho Boat
- Mission: Gang Bang
- Mission: Convoy Decoy
- Mission: STAG Party
- Mission: Three Way
- Mission: The Saints Wing
- Image: Oleg with Josh at the Broken Shillelagh, with the name visible on the light above the pool table.
- Mission: The Real World
- Image: Oleg playing Volleyball in heaven
- Mission: Stop all the Downloading
- Image: Prima scan
- Primagames: Prima Guide Developer tips
- Note: Tested with Peterliner, Flatbed, Thorogood, Alaskan, Bulldog and Compensator
- Saints Row website: About > People
- Image: Oleg is featured under O in The ABCs of Saints Row.
- YouTube: Volition's Welcome Back Agents of Mayhem April 11 2017 livestream