Missions provide the narrative of Saints Row.
Strongholds, or "Stronghold Missions", are non-storyline missions which unlock additional neighborhoods. Strongholds silently become available after some missions, must be completed in order to unlock the final mission of each arc, and have a separate map filter.
After completing three missions and a Stronghold in the prologue (which all serve as a tutorial), the game's missions become separated over three different story arcs which concentrate on the 3rd Street Saints' efforts on conquering the other three gangs that own Stilwater: the Westside Rollerz, Los Carnales, and the Vice Kings.
Respect is a form of currency that is used to start missions, and can be accumulated by playing Activities; which also unlock cash and other bonuses upon completion. Overall, there are 36 missions in Saints Row.
3rd Street Saints (prologue)Edit
- Main article: 3rd Street Saints
The missions are available after watching the "The Streets of Stilwater" cutscene, and consist of three tutorial missions and one Stronghold:
- Main article: Westside Rollerz
The missions are available at any time after completing the "Reclamation" mission, and the story arc consists of nine missions and four Strongholds:
- Stacking the Deck
- Samson's Surprise
- Guardian Angel
- Escort Service
- One Step Ahead
- Burying Evidence
- No Time to Mourn
- Semi-Charmed Life
- Pleasant View Storage (unlocked after "Samson's Surprise")
- Tidal Spring Apartments (unlocked after "One Step Ahead")
- Copperton Receiving Station (unlocked after "Burying Evidence")
- Price's Mansion (unlocked after "No Time to Mourn")
- Main article: Los Carnales
The missions are available at any time after completing the "Reclamation" mission, and the story arc consists of ten missions and five Strongholds (although "Abandoned Storefront" is a Carnales Stronghold, it is part of the prologue):
- Crack Down
- The Missing Shipment
- Homeland Security
- Trojan Horse
- McManus Says Hello
- Meeting Orejuela
- Strength in Numbers
- Possession with Intent
- House Call
- What Goes Up...
- Abandoned Storefront (unlocked after "Back to Basics")
- Fox Drive Weapons Plant (unlocked after "The Missing Shipment")
- Stoughton Shipyard (unlocked after "Trojan Horse")
- Black Bottom Refinery (unlocked after "McManus Says Hello")
- Cecil Park Drug Lab (unlocked after "Strength in Numbers")
- Charlestown Warehouse (unlocked after "Possession with Intent")
- Main article: Vice Kings
The missions are available at any time after completing the "Reclamation" mission, and the story arc consists of eleven missions and five Strongholds:
- Aisha's Favor
- ...To Kingdom Come
- Always Use Protection / No More Tricks
- Best Laid Plans... / Pulling Out
- Green With Envy
- 3rd Street Vice Kings
- Round Peg, Square Hole
- For King and Country
- The King and I
- All the King's Men
- Sunnyvale Loft (unlocked after "...To Kingdom Come")
- Filmore Parking Garage (unlocked after "Reinforcements")
- Abandoned Police Station (unlocked after "Best Laid Plans...")
- King's Grocery (unlocked after "3rd Street Vice Kings")
- Waterfront Rooftop (unlocked after "For King and Country")
3rd Street Saints (epilogue)Edit
- Main article: 3rd Street Saints
The 3rd Street Saints epilogue details the efforts of Playa (now second-in-command), Dex, and Johnny Gat trying to free their boss, Julius Little, who has apparently been incarcerated by the Stilwater Police Department.
The epilogue is available after watching the "Battlefield Promotion" cutscene which plays after conquering all other gangs, and consists of just three missions - the last of which is essentially just a cutscene.
- Stuffing the Ballot
- Hail to the Chief
- Saints and Martyrs (erroneously known as "Salting the Earth", which is the name of the cutscene)
- Although a required mission as part of the Saints Row prologue, the "Abandoned Storefront" Stronghold is considered a Carnales Stronghold.