The Mech Suit is first featured when The Protagonist rescues Matt Miller. Initially, it is not equipped with weaponry, and only melee attacks are possible, then Matt equips it with a minigun and rocket launcher.
Kinzie and Keith David refer to the Mech Suit "Power Armor", while The Protagonist and Matt Miller call it a "Robot". Humorous Disagreements about the nomenclature occur in dialogue, but both are technically incorrect, with "Mech" being the most accurate.
The Mech Suit is capable of melee attacks and hovering.
The Mech Suit is able to body slam, ground slam, and smash enemies with its powerful arms. With its arsenal of rocket launchers and handy miniguns, it is unstoppable in the face of all but the strongest foes.
- The Mech Suit was first revealed in the PAX gameplay video.
- The Health drops of the Mech Suit look similar to Salvage in Red Faction: Armageddon.
- It is not possible to recruit or dismiss Homies while in the Mech Suit, although Homies called via the Cellphone are added to a Homie slot.
- When Smoked while using the Mech Suit, The Protagonist respawns with it near the closest hospital, but only melee attacks are available. Health and fuel are not displayed. This is fixed in updated versions.[which?]
- Calling Mech Suit Delivery inside of buildings enables Mech Suit's weapons but it doesn't appear and Super Powers and weapons are not available.
- Switching to another weapon "drops" Mech Suit. After being dropped, it cannot be picked up again.
- Zinyak uses his own variant of the Mech Suit against The Protagonist.
- It is possible to bypass the barrier above The Simulation.
- When hit by a Suppression Grenade while in a Mech Suit, it descends much slower.
- The Mech Suit has whatever Health The Protagonist currently has.
- In PAX Demo, the Mech Suit is a bit slower and features different HUD, similar to The Ship's in "The Real World" and "Pop his Top".
- The Mech Suit might be inspired by the SOP-MA1 Battle Armor from Red Faction II. Both the Mech Suit and the Battle Armor are both temporary, with miniguns on their arms and rocket launchers on their shoulders.
- The Mech Suit is entirely cabable of single-handedly going from no notoriety to beating a Warden, but the final move cannot be performed while using it.
- The Mech Suit is a weapon rather than a vehicle, and can do things like breaking a Warden's shield with rockets or a slam, and telekinesis cannot be used on it.
- Kinzie: "Fine... take this."
The Protagonist: "You're beautiful."
The Protagonist: "I was talking to the robot."
Kinzie: "It's power armor."
The Protagonist: "Same thing."
Keith: "Not really, a robot is an automaton whereas power armor-"
The Protagonist: "Don't ruin this, Keith."
- — Matt's Back opening cutscene
- Matt Miller: "Oh! You wouldn't believe what they have--but I didn't realize they had robots!"Kinzie: "Soooo not a robot."The Protagonist - Female 1: "Can you believe Kinzie keeps calling this thing power armor?"
The Protagonist - Female 2: "Kinzie keeps insiting it's power armor..."
The Protagonist - Female 3: "THANK YOU! It's nice to have someone not jibber jabbing about it being power armor all the time..."
The Protagonist - Male 1: "See, this IS a robot. THANK YOU. Kinzie was all "this is power armor" not..."
The Protagonist - Male 2: "That's what I'm saying! Kinzie's trying to call this shit power armor..."
The Protagonist - Male 3: "I KNEW it was a robot! Kinzie's been on my case about it being "power armor""
Nolan North: "Thank you! This IS a robot. Kinzie was all "this is power armor" not..."
- — Matt's Back, after finding Matt
- The Protagonist: "Kinzie, I need that robot up and running."
Keith: "It's really more like power armor."
The Protagonist: "Not now Keith."
- — Equipping the Mech Suit during Welcome Back
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Mission: Matt's Back
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mission: Welcome Back
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Mission: Grand Finale Part Four
- ↑ Image: